rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Isolation vs. Publicity

Isolation vs. Publicity

Let me preface this by saying this might just be cognitive dissonance, but it seems like there is a sharp female preference for public versus private declarations of love that mirror the red pill / blue pill divide.

Can anyone elaborate on the motivation for the whole ":if alpha male - show you off to friends and family:" ideal? It seems like once a guy starts moving from inept socially awkward blue pill to competent player red pill, girls will get disappointed if you avoid public opportunities to let her show you off. At the same time, it seems like a tricky balancing act, aloofness with scarcity.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, once you start being viewed as a "catch" by girls, how do you handle not just the extra attention, but also the extra expectations for how to exercise your higher value?

Isolation vs. Publicity

Quote: (01-01-2014 07:26 PM)Sphinx2 Wrote:  

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, once you start being viewed as a "catch" by girls, how do you handle not just the extra attention, but also the extra expectations for how to exercise your higher value?

Social circle invasion 101

1. Charm the pants off of her friends, family, and co-workers - I.E. run group game, and be the life of the party.

2. Set up separate pathways into their lives - get their phone #'s and fb accounts IN FRONT OF YOUR GIRL. You're just friends right? What does she have to worry about right?

3. Have conversations with these people separate and a part from your chick. I mean, you're just FB friends right? No crime in that right?

You'll raise your stock with these other folks, increase your own social network, and actually influence your chick to *not* bring you to her events.

She's going to feel competition anxiety and dread.
You might even be able to sniper some of her less moral (i.e. all of them) friends.

These are opportunities.

Most guys just want to grab a chick and head back to the cave, but we live in a different world now. Rather than hide from it, embrace it and rule it.

WIA

Isolation vs. Publicity

I keep my girl away from my friends until I have banged the crap out of her. Something about hitting 3-4 sexual encounters cements a girl as "yours".

The flip is when she wants to bring you around her friends. I usually roll with it and keep pretty mellow ---> the more you mouth off, the more ammo they have against you. Assuming you play it cool, you'll slide right through everybody's conscious.

Social circle invasion is cool, but in the circles I roll in the girl's loyalty is to each other. Tight-knit group are much harder to steam-roll through. You choose 1 girl and stick to it. If you want different girls, get different social circles.

In loosely-knit social circles of transplants and friends of friends is when you have more leeway. Thats what WIA is mainly talking about.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Isolation vs. Publicity

I always do better with the friends than with the girl. Use the exposure to tighten your bonds to her social circle, because those bonds may come in handy eventually. For example, lets say she gets close with another dude. A friend of hers who likes you will speak up on your behalf. Or lets say she complains about you in front of them. If the friends know you, then it's harder for her to just spout off in a downward spiral of criticism.

Generally, I love to socialize and I don't mind being social because I look good doing it.

Isolation vs. Publicity

Quote: (01-01-2014 08:03 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-01-2014 07:26 PM)Sphinx2 Wrote:  

Social circle invasion 101

1. Charm the pants off of her friends, family, and co-workers - I.E. run group game, and be the life of the party.

2. Set up separate pathways into their lives - get their phone #'s and fb accounts IN FRONT OF YOUR GIRL. You're just friends right? What does she have to worry about right?

3. Have conversations with these people separate and a part from your chick. I mean, you're just FB friends right? No crime in that right?

You'll raise your stock with these other folks, increase your own social network, and actually influence your chick to *not* bring you to her events.

She's going to feel competition anxiety and dread.
You might even be able to sniper some of her less moral (i.e. all of them) friends.

These are opportunities.

Most guys just want to grab a chick and head back to the cave, but we live in a different world now. Rather than hide from it, embrace it and rule it.

WIA

Thank you. This is exactly what I was trying to convey--the transition from caveman to Louis XIV.

Isolation vs. Publicity

Depends.

I know alphas who go excessive PDA on first dates or random girls they've never met before.

I know alphas who NEVER do PDAs...and then when they actually go out and show PDAs, the girls just flip out in pleasant shock.

Frame control is everything.