rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to look great in pictures (video)

Found these 2 great videos today.

These were actually some good tips. Can´t believe no one commented on this.

I wonder how much the average photographer knows about posing like this? If I could just pay someone to take some good pics of me, it would really be worth it, but I am not paying for average.

At first i thought it was a troll video, started watching, left satisfied and informed, good find OP!

Perfect illustration for the look of confidence. I guess faking the look to create a state of confidence could work.
I am sure this look is a big chunk of difference between myself having a one night stand or going home empty handed.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Great stuff. Wish I knew this while getting my grad photos taken. The photographer was a complete amateur and gave horrible results. I have a double chin that makes me look 10 years older.

these are great videos, the photographer is awesome. I have been using this since they came out and my pictures look way better. any aspiring guy should watch these to not look like a dork or space cadet in pictures.

Bump!

Seriously, these videos should be under 'Game 101'. This can improve you by 1 point on the look scale in about 15 minutes.

So slightly squint your eyes and what else? What does the other one say to do

Have a look at it maybe?

Basically it says move your head in the direction of the camera to remove neck wrinkles and get a smoother more dominant chin line.

Quote: (01-04-2014 03:16 PM)houston Wrote:  

So slightly squint your eyes and what else? What does the other one say to do

I think thats pretty much it, but he goes on to explain that in later videos he shows you what to do with your mouth, for different expressions, i.e. a smile, a non-smile, etc. Jaw, eyes, mouth, etc, very useful imho.

Puckman, where is that video? I can´t find it on youtube..

This is a godsend for those of us who look crap in photos. I've been looking all over for simple to implement stuff like this. Every piece of game advice should be taught like this guy does it. He has great voice control too.

Quote: (01-04-2014 03:48 PM)pants Wrote:  

see the above links

I think that photographer could be slaying it with the models if he wanted to. Something about him seems a little gay though, but that´s maybe how all photographer seems like.

Quote: (01-04-2014 04:17 PM)puckman Wrote:  

see the above links

I did see the two videos, but he only talk about is squinting and jaw. Can´t really see where he talks about mouth... Am I blind?

Quote: (01-04-2014 04:19 PM)pants Wrote:  

Quote: (01-04-2014 04:17 PM)puckman Wrote:  

see the above links

I did see the two videos, but he only talk about is squinting and jaw. Can´t really see where he talks about mouth... Am I blind?

he talks about later videos in the squinch video

Great videos.

The guy is a true professional -- this is what actual knowledge looks like.

His delivery is perfect -- a natural high energy patter with not a trace of either thug or mangina.

A superb salesman with a superb product.

Pro tip: use the head-forward-and-down position only when taking pics, not in day-to-day life -- it works well to bring out your jawline in the pic but it's terrible for your cervical spine. As he says, stay long enough in that position and you'll be calling the chiropractor.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Wow, these videos are spot on.
Great tips!

cliffs?

What is the best way to find a good photographer who can take quality pictures for dating sites that don't look too try hard? I mean, if money wasn't an issue I would just contact this guy, but I don't want to overspend.

Quote: (01-05-2014 12:29 AM)bodmon Wrote:  

cliffs?

Close lower eyelid a bit before taking picture, but don't over doit.

Love it. It's uncommon since so it's brilliant. I've Been wanting to know better ways to take photos and possibly applying it to posting up in a bar for a little bit now too.

You can work stupid, but you can't fix a fat body.

Awesome tips and the dude is super entertaining without being a clown SHEBANG! Lol. He's got great energy all around.

Somewhat off-topic, but guys here can get into this rut thinking being quiet and brooding is optimal - and I definitely fall into that sometimes. This guy is a good example of how to be high energy in a cool masculine way.

I've always wanted to get a photographer like this for online dating but the odds of getting a photographer who instinctually knows what cool looks like seemed pretty slim. Any tips on this? You can't expect some dork to suddenly get sexuality and aesthetics.

Quote: (01-05-2014 11:44 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Awesome tips and the dude is super entertaining without being a clown SHEBANG! Lol. He's got great energy all around.

Somewhat off-topic, but guys here can get into this rut thinking being quiet and brooding is optimal - and I definitely fall into that sometimes. This guy is a good example of how to be high energy in a cool masculine way.

I've always wanted to get a photographer like this for online dating but the odds of getting a photographer who instinctually knows what cool looks like seemed pretty slim. Any tips on this? You can't expect some dork to suddenly get sexuality and aesthetics.

I know from experince which shots get the tingle, and it wasn't the one's I thought it would be. I have professional shots on my profile doing physical stuff, at high end Black Tie events looking like Don Draper in a Tux, at the beach etc... And the one that's liked 12 to 1 over all of them is the "Bad Boy", me dressed as the Terminator for halloween, black Biker jacket and shades, sitting in profile with my head turned slightly toward the camera, "Target confirmed". You can't even see my eyes in this shot.

That really was a great. The squinch is one of those things that so subtle yet makes all the difference in the world. Awesome tip. In fact I may want to incorporate the squinch in daily life. Get used to walking around always using it.