rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Thinking about getting a table and bottle service. It's expensive to go out in general on NYE in the city, but is getting a table really a way to go? I imagine a bunch of people get tables since it's a one time event for them basically.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

No. NYC is honestly a pretty bad place for NYE, in my opinion at least. It's overpriced, overly crowded, and brings out the worst crowds, and low class behavior. Too many people from NJ & Long Island come out, get shit faced, and want to fight for no reason. NYE is way too much of a shit show in NYC. You're better off saving your money for something more useful.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Would have to agree, unless you are invited to a really nice party in a good venue, the lower the access bar, the more bullshit. If you have money to spend or have invites you will be better off.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

I would not recommend it.

Everything is extremely overpriced during New Years Eve. Just come after New Years.

Women are always out and about in NYC throughout the year.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

This is newbie question.

NYE is general is the most over-hyped, thirsty dog night of the year. Next is Halloween. Then 4th.

Start looking for pussy where other men aren't, and you'll already be way ahead of the competition.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

I'm telling you, probably the best week to get a table is on Fashion Week in February. That seems like a great time to get high class poon, unless someone can tell me differently.

If you insist to go out, go out to have fun, and maybe get a little drunk with your friends. If you aren't trying for it you might get a lay out of it, but the chances are low…

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Ugh no way,

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

I learned from this forum that the mainstream's "hottest place to be" is actually the worst place to game. The general, popular destination will always be a sausagefest because all the average, barely-game dudes head there in droves.

I'm gonna be in the city for NYE, but with a date. I'll report back what I see.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Quote: (12-26-2013 09:30 AM)RandalGraves Wrote:  

I learned from this forum that the mainstream's "hottest place to be" is actually the worst place to game.

Exactly. You want to be where the herd isn't. And remember, that herd is only as fast as the slowest member, and only as smart as the dumbest member.

It isn't hard to stay one step ahead of the competition. Ironically, a lot of girls worth their weight in salt don't hit up the 'hottest' venues either. Think outside the box to get inside the best box.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

I live in NYC so it's not like I have a choice. Either I go out and spend a few hundred or I stay in or visit family.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Quote: (12-26-2013 09:50 AM)TrueSlyr Wrote:  

I live in NYC so it's not like I have a choice. Either I go out and spend a few hundred or I stay in or visit family.

Book a room in DT Allentown and bus it out (1hr, 10m). Place is full of Dominicana's, and you can DHV by being from the big city.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

redacted

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Stay in with your family...

Last year was the 1st time I ever been out on NYE and lets just say if I didn't have connections it would've been worst than it already was. The whole floor had 2 inches of just liquid. I had hottest chicks in the venue (because simply this wasn't the normal crowd for this club) so a group of guys invited me to their table to drink.

IMO, if you are going to spend on NYE, go to a warehouse party in BK its like halloween and NYE in one. One of my girls used to always do this and was having the time of her life since parties would continue 2-3 days onwards.

P.S...Most of the usual high end crowd tend to have private parties in lofts/penthouses. Last year that was suppose to be the plan until my boy canceled last minute.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

I did the ball drop in Times Square one year. It sucked. It was cold and crowed. You couldn't piss anywhere. Find a party to crash.

Team Nachos

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

A few hundred?

Man, there are s many other options than having to shell out that much cash.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Last year a friend of mine threw a party in a mansion on the upper east side. Invite only, $100/ticket, full food and bar till 2am, probably one of the best events I have been to in the city. Random bars and restaurant reservations are booked months in advance. Sort of a dressed up version of Santacon out on the streets.

Follow Ali's advice and go to Scranton.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

I think I've spent three NYEs in NYC. Basically don't do it.

Unless you have a fully locked down plan months in advance, it turns into a shit show (an expensive shit show).

I think we hit Pink Elephant and tried to hit Greenhouse last time around. Again, expensive, stressful, and over-anticipated.

Only time I really enjoyed it was when I stayed at nice hotel near Times Square and watched the ball drop ordeal from a private viewing area on the street. No way in hell would I venture doing that amongst the masses. While we had heat lamps and plenty of room, across the velvet ropes these people really couldn't move. I guess some of them must have had to pee on in a bottle or something. Seriously.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

If all else fails and you are stuck in New York, I would suggest a NYE singles party. I believe there is more than one option and don't want to advertise any of them, but basically you can find something in Manhattan for under $100, perhaps with an open bar included for a limited time. The bar will be OK at best, probably a shitty one with rude staff, because otherwise why would they charge so little?

It will be well over 50% guys, but with solid game and reasonably good logistics your chances will be pretty good, because a lot of guys there are clueless and don't even know how to dress. I did it a couple of years ago and scored with a Russian tourist who was a few years older than me and came to that bar with her friend without even knowing it was a singles event. It took considerable effort, but hey, it was better than spending the night alone.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Quote: (12-26-2013 12:15 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

If all else fails and you are stuck in New York, I would suggest a NYE singles party. I believe there is more than one option and don't want to advertise any of them, but basically you can find something in Manhattan for under $100, perhaps with an open bar included for a limited time. The bar will be OK at best, probably a shitty one with rude staff, because otherwise why would they charge so little?

It will be well over 50% guys, but with solid game and reasonably good logistics your chances will be pretty good, because a lot of guys there are clueless and don't even know how to dress. I did it a couple of years ago and scored with a Russian tourist who was a few years older than me and came to that bar with her friend without even knowing it was a singles event. It took considerable effort, but hey, it was better than spending the night alone.

a friend of mine runs match.com singles events all over the city, said most of the men are complete herbs. could be a softball for any guy with minimal experience.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Assume your objective isnt to get laid on NYE, is it still worth the money to party at a rooftop type place spending ~$300 or so per person for a table

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

@OP:

The saying goes, that if you have to ask how much per person it is for a table, then no one in the group can really afford it.

Not saying you can't afford it, could be others in your group.

From experience if you're having anyone hem and haw about it then find new people for the table or roll solo. Otherwise some of you are going to get fucked when it comes time to pay.

Guaranteed.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Quote: (12-26-2013 11:45 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

@OP:

The saying goes, that if you have to ask how much per person it is for a table, then no one in the group can really afford it.

Not saying you can't afford it, could be others in your group.

From experience if you're having anyone hem and haw about it then find new people for the table or roll solo. Otherwise some of you are going to get fucked when it comes time to pay.

Guaranteed.

McQueen, you promoting in NYC these days?

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

^No promoting, but table clients I set up there, LA and Vegas.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Quote: (12-27-2013 03:28 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

know anything about the Koch brothers? see they have a new spot opening here.

Is NYE in NYC worth it?

Quote: (12-27-2013 04:43 PM)puckman Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2013 03:28 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

know anything about the Koch brothers? see they have a new spot opening here.

Know of them, but never met them. I wouldn't be surprised if they do, but am not familiar with it.