rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Vasectomy Experience

My Vasectomy Experience

So I know that Bacon has an excellent thread on his vasectomy procedure including the stuff he had to do leading up to it, as well as the aftermath, but considering the content of this forum, one thread doesn’t seem like NEARLY enough. As such, I’d like to provide my own personal account.

One thing to keep in mind is that I JUST had the procedure done yesterday. I’ll be updating at regular intervals to convey and “milestones” (can’t wait till that sperm count comes back at “N/A”) or any kinds of irregularities or complications (hopefully, I won’t have any of these).

Why I Wanted to Do IT

I haven’t wanted to have kids since I was probably in high school or early college. They always seemed to be such a drag and I always figured life could be more fun without them. Plus, I have an older sibling who is just a total dredge on society. My parents did a great job of raising us, but, some things are just out of your control and I wouldn’t ever want to go through what they have put up with for years. As I got older, I have just wanted kids less and less. The culture, media, society is such that even if you do the best job of raising your kid, you’re still no match for the constant in-your-face TV shows, commercials, bullshit on the internet, bullshit schooling, other shitty kids, that children are bombarded with these days. I’ll probably never live full-time in another country, so the option of a foreign family on foreign soil isn’t realistic for me. No kids it is!

I had thought about the procedure for roughly 3 or 4 years and had done some research on the topic, but I was always too busy (or convinced myself that I was too busy) to follow through. However, over the past year and change, I have, through the discovery of the forum amongst other things, have greatly upped my monthly notch count. I don’t like condoms. I don’t like pulling out. I don’t like relying on girls to take their pills. I don’t trust girls’ word that they don’t want kids “right now”. Long story short, it’s the smart thing to do, given my lifestyle.

Researching It/Procedure Costs

I have never had any major medical problems and I have only been to the doctor for physicals and THIS LITTLE ISSUE over the past years so I have the cheapest (albeit still pretty decent) medical insurance that my company provides. As this isn’t a “major” or “required” medical procedure, it was not covered at all. Shopping around, I researched places that would do it for as cheap as $720 after all expenses were tabulated, but I went to a place that was closer to me, more intimate (only 3 guys performing the procedure as opposed to a corporate law firm’s amount of doctors), and guys specializing in ONLY the no-needle, no-scalpel procedure. As such, I paid a little bit more (total cost of the procedure was $795).

Banking Soldiers/Banking Costs

Before contacting the clinic, I decided that I would play it safe and bank some soldiers just in case I had some mid-life revelation or some other bullshit longing to pass along the genes. Again, I researched around and came upon a company called Cryochoice. The great thing about this company is that I was able to get just about all of the info I needed from the website and then had the last few questions I needed answered done so over a 10 minute-phone conversation. Also, they send the “kit(s)” to you; you don’t have to go to some random building and jack off in a cup a few times over a few weeks (sorry Bacon). The way it works is, you decide how many “kits” you want to purchase. They suggest that you order at least two to make sure that you “produce” enough and they actually send two out regardless, but they actually test your first result, inform you of your “production” and then give you the option of just throwing the other one away if you decide that you’ve got enough stored up (they don’t charge you for the extra one). I went with this route as they claim that it takes between 1-3 “vials” (the unit of sperm measurement) to knock a girl up via artificial insemination. The average guy produces 5 vials. Of course, I produced 8 [Image: tongue.gif]. That was enough for me. I threw away the other kit and they charged me $600 for the testing, storage, etc. for the first year. Next year, and every year thereafter, I will be charged $140…not bad for the peace of mind.

The actual collection process was a tad complicated, but not so much so. You have to abstain from sex or spanking for at least 3 days before your “collection”. Prior to that day, you locate the FedEx in your area that has the latest pickup and try to time your collection process to about an hour before that is. You jizz in the cup, put in a solution that keeps it fresh for awhile, seal it up and take it to the FedEx (the packaging is already done up for you).

Within 12 hours, I got receipt that they had received my sample. Roughly 4 hours later I had my counts e-mailed to me. They get pretty technical, showing total volume, motility, etc. with a final vial count and analysis of the overall quality of your sample (mine was “very good”). They make themselves available to further explain these numbers if you feel the need.

Contacting the Clinic/Consultation

With this part of the process out of the way, I contacted the urology clinic to schedule my snip job. Because I was using insurance (the $795 is actually being credited towards next year’s deductible), I had to go to the clinic twice, once for them to file/process the insurance and for my consultation, once for the procedure. I could have just gone one time for consultation and the procedure had I not used insurance. I went ahead and made dates for both the consultation (last Friday) and the procedure (yesterday).

I get to the urology clinic and am the youngest guy by at least 30 years, it was pretty amusing. From the looks on the other people’s faces, they all knew what was up. I fill out the general form and the vasectomy-specific form (about 80 percent of which I answered “N/A” for with questions like “How does your wife feel?” “How many kids do you have”). I get called back and the nurse does the typical, blood pressure, ask about allergies, etc. Doctor comes in a minute later and is a young guy, like me. He skips over a lot of the basics as I have already researched and just asks if I’m sure (yes), if I’d ever talked to my parents about it (yes), know that it can be reversible (yes). I talk about my frozen soldiers and he informs me that reversibles are normally actually cheaper, which was news to me, but, they obviously aren’t always successful. He let me know that his colleague does the most number of reversals of anyone in the state (foreshadowing?). At this point, he has me drop my pants to get a look at what he is gonna be working with, gives me a prescription (2 loritabs, one 1 hour before the procedure, 1 5 hours after) and tells me no aspirin or anything similar for the week.

Procedure

Week flies by and although I’m a tad nervous (DON’T WATCH ANY OF THE VIDEOS OF THE SURGERY WHEN CONSIERING THE PROCEDURE) I’m feeling pretty good. Ordered a jockstrap for additional support/comfort for after surgery + a few days and a good icepack. Had a good friend of mine drive me (forum member Isaac Jordan volunteered, but I knew that he would have had too much fun with it) as it is required that you have someone do so. Take my loritab and am feeling a bit more relaxed. Get called back about 45 minutes late, but its ok. VERY cute nurse gets me to undress and starts cleaning/disinfecting my entire dick and ball area (highlight was “Is this hurting you” which I replied “No, it actually feels great!”). She leaves and the doctor comes and gets to work. He is actually a cool guy and, as I said before, is close to my age, so we talk about his college and medical school experiences throughout the procedure. Yes! you are conscious and awake throughout. Yes! it is not so uncomfortable that having a conversation is unbearable. To be honest, the only real “pain” is the initial shots that he puts in each ball to numb them up. It feels like someone is pinching your balls with their fingernails. This lasts only a few seconds. After this, I could feel some pulling and some sloshing around, but it was the equivalent of a couple SLIGHT jabs to the nuts. It did take a little longer than I expected, but it may have just felt longer. It was still only about 15 minutes long from when he started to when the nurse came back to put some neosporene on the tiny hole.

After the Procedure/To Be Continued

I was a tad tender, but no real pain, just sort of an awkward and “heavy balls” kind of feeling. I put the jock on (I never wore one when I played sports, weird feeling) and got dressed. Lady at the front gave me the doctor’s prescription (20 hyrocodone pills, loving those babies!) and I was out of there. Friend drove me to the pharmacy, dropped off the prescription, and we actually ate dinner while waiting for it to fill. I wasn’t really uncomfortable at all. Got the pills, got back to my place, put on a movie and spent the night rotating ice packs on my balls, watching a movie, and responding to texts from friends and girls wanting to know about my “condition” and if they could do anything to help…bless ‘em. Pills worked great and icing really helped. Again, no pain and no real discomfort. Got up to piss, and that has been fine. Fell asleep and may have had the best night’s rest that I’ve had in months. Woke up today with no pain and resumed the icing. Keeping the jock on for another day just to be safe and probably won’t try spanking for another couple of days.

Overall, the experience has been great thus far. I have covered my bases, and, come 8-10 weeks from now, I’ll be shooting blanks. The procedure was surprisingly pain-free and the recovery has been even MORE surprisingly pain/soreness-free. I feel like I should be able to resume ALL normal activity by the middle of next week. As I said before, I will update as things arise. Please let me know if I can answer any of your questions.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

My Vasectomy Experience

My understanding is that viability decreases over time and that IFV may not be possible after a period of around 10 years. Has the cryo company/doctor mentioned anything about this?

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-21-2013 05:51 PM)tarquin Wrote:  

My understanding is that viability decreases over time and that IFV may not be possible after a period of around 10 years. Has the cryo company/doctor mentioned anything about this?
They did, just as the doctor mentioned that a vasectomy reversal has less chance of success over time. All are chances I was willing to take. Don't think I'll ever have to worry about either, though.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

My Vasectomy Experience

I had mine done 2 weeks ago, and while I agree it was pretty much pain free, I did experience over a week of constant discomfort, but then, I didn't use any kind of pain relief. The only time I really felt pain was after only a minute of having an ice pack on them - that was near agony. Don't try it unless you're taking painkillers.

Had a spank two days afterwards - was paranoid as fuck that it was going to hurt when I bust my nut, but thankfully I didn't feel a thing.

Two weeks later, I'm not walking bowlegged anymore, aren't afraid to scratch or adjust my nuts and can have sex as vigorously as before.

My Vasectomy Experience

How long do you have to wear the cone around your neck? [Image: lol.gif] Just kidding.

This has been on my mind for a while. I have one kid with an ex fuck buddy of mine
and the experience is far from wonderful. Once you have a kid you're forever tied to
the bullshit that comes with the ex. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Team Nachos

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-21-2013 06:12 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

How long do you have to wear the cone around your neck? [Image: lol.gif] Just kidding.

I took the jockstrap off and feel fine. I plan on icing a tad more and then going out for a bit tonight. I gotta test the goods!

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-21-2013 06:17 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

I took the jockstrap off and feel fine. I plan on icing a tad more and then going out for a bit tonight. I gotta test the goods!

I'm curious to see if your libido changes. I'm also curious about the mental aspect of it.
Do you fuck differently knowing you can't get a girl pregnant? Does the security
make sex better or less exiting? I know when I've banged women in their precious
little assholes I've felt less of the need to hold back from coming.

Maybe you can follow up in a few months and answer some of these for me. [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-21-2013 06:28 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I'm curious to see if your libido changes. I'm also curious about the mental aspect of it.
Do you fuck differently knowing you can't get a girl pregnant? Does the security
make sex better or less exiting? I know when I've banged women in their precious

Maybe you can follow up in a few months and answer some of these for me. [Image: thumb.gif]

I'll be sure to update, but I've been pipelining girls for a little trip that I'm going on soon and one has gotten pretty sexual pretty quick. Let's just say the jockstrap was getting pretty tight in response to some of the conversation/what we're going to when I get up there...i.e. libido is still great.

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-21-2013 06:28 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Its been a couple years since Ihad mine. Your libido doesnt change at all and you do fuck differently in my opinion since you can be more careless. If I were you Parlay I would just save up a couple grand bank your sperm(in chance you want more kids down the road) and get the vasectomy and you will thank yourself for getting it done.

About the pain: The vasectomy specifically non scapel is less painful/annoying than a trip to dentist to get a cavity filled and far less painful than having a tooth pulled to put this into perspective. The major road block is the pschological aspect of having your balls opperated on but if you can get past that your fine.

@Johnkreese great writeup your correct this forum could use more posts/threads on this subject given the nature of this place. Overall the internet is seriously lacking guys describing their experience with a vasectomy and a lot of misinformation about the subject gets thrown around(loss of libido/cronic post vasectomy pain etc) so its helpful for lurkers and members on this forum to hear from repped members about their vasectomy experience.

Heads up to Johnkreese and Vroom I had minor (like a small ache) in my groin area up to the first 4 months post vasectomy. These aches were more frequent directly after the vasectomy think once or twice a week to a like once or twice a month in the 4th month but was not painful( just uncomfortable) but something i felt for a few seconds periodically. This is normal and just your body dealing with the surgery so no need to get alarmed.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

My Vasectomy Experience

This has been on my mind for a while. I have one kid with an ex fuck buddy of mine
and the experience is far from wonderful. Once you have a kid you're forever tied to

How much of that is tied to the child support legalities in the USA? Are they tied into your relationship with her. If you were just sending her $200 a month would it still be hell?

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-22-2013 03:51 PM)bacon Wrote:  

@Johnkreese great writeup your correct this forum could use more posts/threads on this subject given the nature of this place. Overall the internet is seriously lacking guys describing their experience with a vasectomy and a lot of misinformation about the subject gets thrown around(loss of libido/cronic post vasectomy pain etc) so its helpful for lurkers and members on this forum to hear from repped members about their vasectomy experience.

Heads up to Johnkreese and Vroom I had minor (like a small ache) in my groin area up to the first 4 months post vasectomy. These aches were more frequent directly after the vasectomy think once or twice a week to a like once or twice a month in the 4th month but was not painful( just uncomfortable) but something i felt for a few seconds periodically. This is normal and just your body dealing with the surgery so no need to get alarmed.
You're right that there is little information that is out there. It seemed like every other guy described it as the worst pain of their lives. I realized pretty quick, and the actual procedure/recovery thus far has proven, that a lot of those experiences/reviews are like people commenting on bad service at restaurants; you only review if you had a bad experience, you don't if everything was fine.

Also, I'll be on the lookout for that ache and won't be as concerned. At this point, I feel almost completely back to normal, no more ice and no noticeable pain or soreness. Thanks for throwing in your two cents about my recent experience!

EDIT: Also, I went ahead and decided to test everything like you did. Everything is the same as before [Image: banana.gif]

My Vasectomy Experience

How does your volume of semen compare to before?

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-22-2013 04:11 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

How much of that is tied to the child support legalities in the USA? Are they tied into your relationship with her. If you were just sending her $200 a month would it still be hell?

They take about 1/4 of your pay as child support. If you're paying $200 a month then you're working for minimum wage.

Team Nachos

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-23-2013 02:53 AM)Inspired Wrote:  

How does your volume of semen compare to before?

It has looked about the same, maybe a little less. Not nearly enough for girls to wonder (but then again, I'm never going to pull out again).

My Vasectomy Experience

There is a promising drug on the market coming soon called Vasalgel.

Its been used in India for years, and now the market to come to the US after some testing of course.

The gel blocks the sperm entering the vas deferens, interesting stuff. Apparently it is completely reversible by washing out the stuff whenever you want.

Anyways here is an article explaining the process

http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/learn-...-vasalgel/

It will be the greatest invention for men since Viagara

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (01-21-2014 07:34 AM)peterfoo22 Wrote:  

Its been used in India for years, and now the market to come to the US after some testing of course.

The gel blocks the sperm entering the vas deferens, interesting stuff. Apparently it is completely reversible by washing out the stuff whenever you want.

I've been following this for several years.

If it was available I would get it done tomorrow. But it isn't. It's only had a few human trials in India and in the US they have had rabbit studies and are soliciting funding for the baboon study.

There is no big financial backing nor is there really any money to be made in it. So even if the baboon study happens and then the human gets approved and then the FDA approves it we are still years off.

Then what? I don't think a majority of urologists will jump on it nor will it be readily available. How much $ will a urologist lose in doing a simple thing like that vs. a vasectomy?

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (01-21-2014 09:48 AM)scubadude Wrote:  

If it was available I would get it done tomorrow. But it isn't. It's only had a few human trials in India and in the US they have had rabbit studies and are soliciting funding for the baboon study.

There is no big financial backing nor is there really any money to be made in it. So even if the baboon study happens and then the human gets approved and then the FDA approves it we are still years off.

Then what? I don't think a majority of urologists will jump on it nor will it be readily available. How much $ will a urologist lose in doing a simple thing like that vs. a vasectomy?

Price control.

Thats how you make money.

Once its approved, set the operation costs at approximately the cost of a vasectomy. Hell, double the price. Then urologists would start to push it. And the company makes bank.

The problem they are facing right now in regards to funding is that they are non profit. Being a nonprofit is good in the sense that it attracts donations and those donations are tax deductible.

If they were to swap to a for profit and lose the feel good "social venture making just enough moeny to stay afloat and not make anyone rich" deal, they would attract real money.

If they did that, I have 50k I would throw at them. And I'm just a small fry.

edit - they can also attract some money by offering something along the lives of VIP membership. I.E. you donate $500 and you get added to a list of people that get offered the first human trials or something. I would do that.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

My Vasectomy Experience

My biggest concern over the long term would be failure. There are enough stories of the Vas reconnecting itself after a surgery resulting in a pregnancy.

I find it hard to believe that over time and cell reproduction some slippage of the Vasagel or loosening of the Vas wouldn't occur, causing some low failure rate of Vasagel.

Medically speaking. There is nothing that we put in the body that does not have a failure rate.

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (01-21-2014 01:06 PM)scubadude Wrote:  

My biggest concern over the long term would be failure. There are enough stories of the Vas reconnecting itself after a surgery resulting in a pregnancy.

I find it hard to believe that over time and cell reproduction some slippage of the Vasagel or loosening of the Vas wouldn't occur, causing some low failure rate of Vasagel.

Medically speaking. There is nothing that we put in the body that does not have a failure rate.
If its below hormonal birth control for women. And the additional "oh, I forgot to take the pill"

I think it will be more reliable.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (12-23-2013 09:32 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2013 04:11 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

They take about 1/4 of your pay as child support. If you're paying $200 a month then you're working for minimum wage.

That's the thing I'm trying to avoid ( losing 1/4 of pay.) If I have a child in a low income country, where $200 is like out minimum wage, I could send/spend $200 per month and be neither a. broke b. not starving the kid.

It's kind of academic anyway. I'm getting to the age where chicks who want the baby in the US are mostly trailer whales or other loathsome creatures.

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (01-21-2014 09:48 AM)scubadude Wrote:  

Yeah this thing would be sped up if there was money to be made on it. The big US pharmaceuticals would rather sell a drug that has be taken every day for the rest their lives as opposed to a one time deal.

This thing has the potential to kill female birth control pills would be a huge dent in there bottom life profits. There have been stories of pharm companies that actually buy the rights to these products and just shelve them just so they can profit, which is an absolute shame.

But I will be looking to do the human trial on this when its released..

P

My Vasectomy Experience

I am/was following Vasalgel pretty closely, but who knows if it will be out in 5 years, 10 years, etc. and how effective if will be, especially in it's early stages? I mean, I need a damn effective way to raw dog in peace NOW. Will I still be racking up the numbers in 5 years? Probably, but I don't want to have to think "is she just looking for a free lunch?" after EVERY encounter until then.

Sure, I would feel a little bummed if it is released next year and works perfectly, but I'm still going to be happy for guys everywhere who are able to regain control of their reproductive choices. Plus, I'll still be covered and even have the paperwork AND scar to prove it!

My Vasectomy Experience

How old are you?

My Vasectomy Experience

Quote: (01-22-2014 12:31 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

I am/was following Vasalgel pretty closely, but who knows if it will be out in 5 years, 10 years, etc. and how effective if will be, especially in it's early stages? I mean, I need a damn effective way to raw dog in peace NOW. Will I still be racking up the numbers in 5 years? Probably, but I don't want to have to think "is she just looking for a free lunch?" after EVERY encounter until then.

Sure, I would feel a little bummed if it is released next year and works perfectly, but I'm still going to be happy for guys everywhere who are able to regain control of their reproductive choices. Plus, I'll still be covered and even have the paperwork AND scar to prove it!

You still get to think that, it's just that you don't have to care [Image: banana.gif]

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

My Vasectomy Experience

I planned to have this done 4 years ago but while researching it very thoroughly I couldn't get past the Post vasectomy Pain syndrome (PVPS) that purportedly 30% experience and some doctors claim ALL men who get vasectomies get it but it differs how SOON they start to feel the pain.

I forgot where I read it but one person said that PVPS was just a fake ruse created by feminist to scare men away from vasectomies. Sounds kind of like bullshit but I had planned for years to get a vasectomy and PVPS is the only thing holding me back.....

Has anyone who had a vasectomy experienced PVPS? Does anyone know if there is any truth to the "PVPS was created just to scare men out of getting vasectomies" claim??