rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Movie Soundtracks

Movie Soundtracks

Any good soundtracks? I've been trying to track down A Clockwork Orange and Irreversible (that music in the club scene). Requiem for a Dream is pretty good.

Movie Soundtracks

Quote: (12-16-2013 05:05 AM)houston Wrote:  

Any good soundtracks? I've been trying to track down A Clockwork Orange and Irreversible (that music in the club scene). Requiem for a Dream is pretty good.

Rodrigo D.: No Futuro (if you like dark, dingy, blasphemous Metal/punk from the slums of Colombia)

Conan (the Barbarian)

Cannibal Holocaust

Movie Soundtracks

The original Predator has a good soundtrack

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Movie Soundtracks

Rocky's I-III and IV.
Anything by Basil Poledouris (Conan the Barbarian, Robocop, Star Ship Troopers)
Anything John Williams(Indiana Jones, Star Wars Series, Jurassic Park)

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Movie Soundtracks

I love soundtracks, some of thes best music of this or any other year, comes from soundtracks, imo
One I'd recommend from this year is 'The Place Beyond The Pines' put together by Mike Patton of Faith No More
Jon Hopkin's 'Monsters' soundtrack from a few years ago is majestic
and Para One's 'Water Lilies' soundtrack, is stunning - both of these are ambient/electronic but with classical strings/horns, etc

Movie Soundtracks

[Image: Above_the_Rim_Sndtrck.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Movie Soundtracks

The crow soundtrack
Natural born killers
Lost highway
Many terantino movies
Spawn soundtrack
Dangerous minds

Movie Soundtracks

Lots of good snowboard film soundtracks

Movie Soundtracks

Houston thread that does not start with "Why do Americans...."???

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Movie Soundtracks

I like music from "Man on fire". Sentimental melodies, dope Nine Inch Nails "destructive" rock, nice south american jams and incredible Lisa Gerard at the end. Sweet.

Movie Soundtracks

Oh man, there are so many great soundtracks out there!

To start with, there are what I call jukebox soundtracks, which are collections of previously released songs that a director will compile to suit both his film and show off his good taste in music. Scorsese and Tarantino have some great jukebox soundtracks, as well as the HBO show Eastbound & Down. Wayne Kramer from the MC5 compiles the music for EB&D. The Dead Presidents soundtrack is another good one.

One cool (or derivative, depending on your perspective) thing that Tarantino does is to also include pieces of the soundtracks from older movies in his own soundtracks. For example, in Kill Bill he uses a piece from Tough Guys, a 70s movie that Isaac Hayes did the score for. Fans of a certain rap group from Houston will recognize another piece from that same soundtrack:

Then you have soundtracks in which different artists record songs intended for the movie. The previously mentioned Above the Rim soundtrack is a great example. Also the soundtrack for Judgment Night! Remember that one?

And of course there are soundtracks that have original scores composed specifically for that movie. The previously mentioned Cannibal Holocaust and Place Beyond the Pines are good examples of that. There are too many great soundtrack composers to name in one post, but I'll list a couple of my favorites here.

For example, Lalo Schifrin has done some awesome soundtracks. His score for Dirty Harry is full of great drumbreaks and suspensful strings

Ennio Morricone is one of the greatest ever, as well as Bernard Hermann. Herrmann's last score was Taxi Driver. The guy playing saxophone is Tom Scott, the same guy who was sampled by Pete Rock for the classic song T.R.O.Y.

One composer that might not get a lot of credit is John Carpenter. In addition to writing and directing, he also composed the soundtracks to many of his films, such as Escape From New York, Halloween, and my personal favorite, Assault on Precinct 13.

Then there's Goblin, an Italian group that scored a bunch of horror movies, such as Dawn of the Dead and Suspira, in the 70s and 80s. Here's one of my favorite Goblin tracks, one of their few that wasn't intended for a specific movie:

Finally, Wes Anderson soundtracks, such as Rushmore & The Royal Tennenbaums, have a good mix of previously released songs and original pieces, which are done by Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo fame.

There's a bunch more I could write, but this post is long enough already!

Here's a thread from Style Forvm in which I've written a few more things about movie scores.

The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. - Thomas B. Macaulay

Rick Von Slonecker is tall, rich, good-looking, stupid, dishonest, conceited, a bully, liar, drunk and thief, an egomaniac, and probably psychotic. In short, highly attractive to women. - Whit Stillman

Movie Soundtracks

Earlier this year, while I was fucking a 20 year old during a July thunderstorm at my father's place, I swear that when Lux Aeterna (Requiem for a Dream) came on the Bose that something changed in me...played out or not (it's appeared in about a million other movies, commercials, sporting events etc,.), it's well-crafted, has tremendous buildup, suitable menace, great contrast between quiet and loud sections and production values through the roof, Clint Mansell is one of the best going.

Payback has an excellent soundtrack, lots of great 70's soul and swagger (Dean Martin, James Brown, Hendrix), and itself is just a badass and underrated movie.

Daft Punk's industrial-themed score for Tron Legacy...less 'we're-up-all-night-to-get-money', more post-apocalyptic menace.

Philip Glass comes with it in The Hours.

Finally, a movie that I watched a few days ago, a movie that I do not own, but always sit down and catch when I see it on if there's time, Beverly Hills Cop.

I also dig the soundtracks for American Beauty, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, E.T., Jurassic Park, Hero, Pulp Fiction and the original songs in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Movie Soundtracks

I love the "Social Network" soundtrack.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Movie Soundtracks

When Quentin Tarantino puts together the music for his films. He doesn't just get the music placed into his films.

He insists that his own personal vinyl records are the ones used to score the movie. He wants every slight hiss and warp from his own records used in the films.

Always thought that was fucking cool.

Movie Soundtracks

Score from Conan the Barbarian is epic.

Same with Last of the Mohicans.

The 13th warrior is good as well.

Love Tarantino and Guy Ritchie

Movie Soundtracks

INCEPTION.

"What's the difference between us.
We can start at the penis.
Or scream I just don't give a fuck and see who really means it."
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III

Movie Soundtracks

Good soundtracks to me are even better than good albums by bands -- they just sound cinematic in scope and immediately convey a visual impression, even if you haven't seen the movie.

I have A Clockwork Orange on original 12" vinyl.
Love anything by Mancini, Morricone, Jerry Goldsmith, even John Barry's scores (not just Bond movies) were great.

"The Knack (and how to get it)"

"Beat Girl" is great:

(Look for a young Oliver Reed dancing around in the plaid shirt.)

Prufrock: Yeah, Goblin are great. Did most of Dario Argento's flicks. Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) was always a favorite.
Amazing that they finally just played their first US tour after being together for over 30 years.
Their tour opened in Atlanta in October, but alas, couldn't make it. Heard good reports of the show though.

Movie Soundtracks

Check out the Syriana soundtrack. Ambient, goes well with a glass of whiskey.

Movie Soundtracks

Bladerunner:

Koyaanisqatsi:

Braveheart:

Movie Soundtracks

Rain Man:

Akira:

Amélie:

American Beauty:

Movie Soundtracks

The Graduate

Once

28 Days Later

Manhattan

Movie Soundtracks

I think we can close the thread after this next one....:

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Movie Soundtracks

shit, 3000 posts. sweet

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Movie Soundtracks

Saturday Night Fever..
best soundtrack ever

Movie Soundtracks

Fight Club soundtrack is pretty good.

The Rocky soundtrack as well (All the films)