rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The non-orbiting orbiter

The non-orbiting orbiter

A friend of mine had this discussion earlier. We agreed it's a relatively unknown version of orbiting, yet all straight guys do it, or have done it.

She Wants Revenge - Black Liner Run....about this very topic.

Different from the true orbiters in the sense she doesn't know you check her status updates or are the ones who "liked" her pictures, but you still check at least a few times a week. You never leave comments, you only do it to see who the competition is at the moment, both real competition and who the main orbiters are. If you read a status update where she shows interest in another guy...it does annoy you a bit.

Doesn't even have to be a girl on your friend list, facebook seems to reset their settings every few months and most profiles at least become partially public. Applies to instagram as well.

So, if you check her page but never comment or "like" anything...does that make you an orbiter of sorts?

The non-orbiting orbiter

Not really. I'd only call it orbiting if the guy puts her on a pedestal.

I've been known to do this. I deactivated my facebook because of it.

Most people utilize Facebook for that very reason. Silent visiting.

The non-orbiting orbiter

Predator status

I've got a few on my fb list that I keep track of. Old fb's, exes, exes of the homies, friends of friends, family of friends.

There's this one jet set broad in particular. First one I've ever met. never worked a day in her life, elegant, gracious, well dressed, cultured, and a bitch to almost every name on the planet, except me...yet.

Hearing her talk about life, the privilege, the airs..she's the chick that the entire clique wants to do horrible things to.

Don draper's speech about the Jaguar finally being a woman you can own

The feminists call this sexual surveillance. I have no idea how they figured it out, but the male mind keeps a proverbial eye on almost every woman, evaluates her public and private desirability.

Women fall out of this gaze based in age typically, and often too old. But for every dude clamoring about size zero gazelle looking model chicks only, in a drought that wildebeest might do in a pinch.

But part of the game, is channeling that animal brain hunger to smash anything in sight, to aim high.

And when you limit yourself to the upper echelon, you're often inadvertently giving the beautiful swan in your life, a measure of stability. If you're truly at the top, competition is tough and targets are fewer still.

And if she becomes indispensable, you have a problem

The game never ends.

The non-orbiting orbiter

Quote: (12-07-2013 05:41 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

She Wants Revenge - Black Liner Run....about this very topic.

what ever happened to She Wants Revenge?

they're videos have always been awesome

The non-orbiting orbiter

Valleyheart came out in 2012, probably their best album. In a way, they were ahead of their time, writing a song about this in 2006.

When he says "I caught a death when I signed on", he's referring to seeing a woman you're interested in/or were very interested in at one point - having a profile pic with a guy (or recently changed it to that), and it's not a gay BFF.

The non-orbiting orbiter

Quote: (12-07-2013 08:43 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Not really. I'd only call it orbiting if the guy puts her on a pedestal.

I've been known to do this. I deactivated my facebook because of it.

Most people utilize Facebook for that very reason. Silent visiting.

Second that, Its not nearly as bad but its still not a good habit to have. I think when dudes are doing this even if there not directly tentative to her and validating her; we're still holding her up above other girls in our minds. Its just a more mild form of pedestalazation.

"Look Mama, no hands..."

The non-orbiting orbiter

I've found that as long as I am acting as honest as possible with my true intentions, I shouldn't feel the need to hide.