rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Faux-fame game has huge potential in the Far East Asia

It's cringe-worthy seeing the video (link below) of all the gullible Shanghainese falling for *appearances*. But then again a lot of it has to do with *fame* being living, breathing thing, like a fire dragon. This is not about impersonating Federer as much as it is about manufacturing and maintaining an illusion (faux-aura) of famous presence.

More importantly, this type of act has clear application to game, especially in the Far East Asia. I envision otherwise unremarkable, but enterprising foreign players with cool clothes and cool sunglasses strolling down the Nanjing Road with couple of their *bodyguards* in tow, and in process harvesting hundreds of girls' phone numbers (and QQs) without even asking. Instadating and harem-building possibilities abound.

Thinking aloud, this may be a cunning way not only to break open notoriously difficult places like Tokyo (I see this working gloriously in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Roppongi), but have your pick of the litter too.

Brilliant.

[Image: 2n24s35.jpg]

###################################################

"A Roger Federer impersonator managed to drive hundreds of Chinese fans into a frenzy – except he looks nothing like the Swiss tennis star.

Donnie, an American prankster living in Shanghai, donned the trademark Federer Nike gear and sweatband and got a couple of pals to pose as bodyguards as he hit the streets of the Chinese metropolis. Just to see what happened.

Lo and behold, Donnie was quickly swamped by screaming girls, women, and adult males, all of whom wanted a piece of the greatest tennis player of all time.

He signs autographs on all manner of items – including penning a fraudulent signature on a girl’s back – and poses for photos, with one fan even shoving her baby into shot.

But not only did Donnie sign with his left hand (Fed, of course, is right-handed), he doesn’t look, speak or act like Federer. Not one bit. He doesn’t even have the haircut and, while not in terrible shape, he does not have the build of a professional athlete..."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tram...03912.html

Do any of these fame game videos even imply that the charlatan ends up getting laid?

Again, another post on this forum where someone is coming up with a trick to get women easily. Why are you doing this? Why don't you just practice your ass off with social skills?

For all of you guys who want to run fame game may I make a suggestion: Write a niche eBook and sell it on Amazon. I made one about cocktails and it ended up being the #1 book in the bar tending section.

When I'd be at a bar and a girl would ask what I did for a living, I'd reply "write stuff."

I'd then pull out my phone and tell her that I had a #1 bestseller on Amazon.

Girls loved it but none of them ever actually even read the book.

Instead of doing something expensive and elaborate to get girls numbers at a mall or whatnot (that's where most of these fame game videos take place) write a short book or record a song and upload it to Soundcloud.

There are a million ways to play the fame game.

Wicked strong Southie accent on this guy.

I'd be amused to see someone try this. Just thinking worst case scenario..if it comes out that you were going around laying a bunch of women I can see nationalist Chinese getting real pissed off. This is especially true if it was from a completely fraudulent con job. I expect whoever does this to end up on ChinaSmack or CCTV with an accompanying arrest video.

Authorities could have good case to deport you for fraud charges or hit you on working without a visa or related charges however unlikely that may be though.

why do people care about autographs

valhalla

Quote: (12-09-2013 10:41 PM)RXB Wrote:  

Instead of doing something expensive and elaborate to get girls numbers at a mall or whatnot (that's where most of these fame game videos take place) write a short book or record a song and upload it to Soundcloud.

This is good.