rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any ideas for a gift for a 14 year old boy?

Need a gift for my 14 year old nephew.

Something that does not involve electronics, video games, clothes or gift cards per SIL.

Worst thread title ever. I was expecting you to have the following Avatar
[Image: Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png]

On the side of an actual response though. I have no idea. In two more years I'd likely advise just sending him a link to roosh.

I would have loved a gift card to a comic book store when I was 14....but you have said no gift cards. An actual old comic book, it depends what the kid is into...otherwise maybe a book that is some sort of philosophy of life type thing. Teenage angst opens the 'why am I here' perspective on life.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I get alot of great presents from here:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/

I love those clever optical/scientific type toys.

Quote: (12-04-2013 03:44 PM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

Need a gift for my 14 year old nephew.

Something that does not involve electronics, video games, clothes or gift cards per SIL.

[Image: roosh-v-bang.jpg]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

^ it would be hilarious to see the expression on the face of my older brother's uptight wife if I gave the kid the book Bang.

all the more reason for you to do it.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

14 is not too early for game advice as a gift, especially because 14 year old girls have such a HUGE advantage on him in terms of their game. Girls are allowed to be girls and use all their feminine charms, while even though adolescent boys are already late maturing, their masculinity is further suppressed by society. This would be a huge step towards somewhat leveling the playing field for him, though probably not much. Maybe all out manosphere is too extreme - don't want to get him into serious trouble with his school, etc - but a slightly filtered form of game advice and maybe gym membership/workout advice would be an excellent gift I say.

You don't get there till you get there

I have given this to somebody before.

A blank sheet of paper - folded up with a paperclip holding it together.

They open it and look at you like you are crazy.

You then show them the mysterious properties of the paperclip.

http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/...rclip.html

Pull up bar.

This is a cool and funny book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Cheat-Your-F...cards+penn

Also - the dustjacket comes off to reveal some boring title (like Gardening for Beginners) - so you can hide what the book is really about from the parents.

It becomes a funny 'secret present' between you and your nephew.

^ he is a big gamer, it might do him some good to learn cards as an alternative to being in front of a screen, and I could tell SIL it's "educational."

video game gift card

The book above is about Cheating At Cards. But it is really about Cheating at life and getting what you want. It is very funny.

I am a magician myself and would consider magic to be a really interesting hobby.

Or you can just focus on sleight of hand learn about cheating at cards instead.

If you want to learn about cheating at cards. This is quite a good overview:

http://www.amazon.com/52-Ways-Cheat-Poke...protection

Whilst this is more expensive - and serious.

http://www.amazon.com/Poker-Protection-C...protection

But that is just for information. If it whets his appetite he can learn about proper sleight of hand from books like Erdnase's The Expert At The Card Table. But that is hardcore stuff - like recommending Shakespeare to a guy who has never read a book.

This is an excellent gift set for those interested in this world:

http://www.amazon.com/Rick-Jay-Plays-Pok...=ricky+jay

And to cap it all off. This is what it looks like after you spend 50 years practicing this shit.

A good quality knife

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

You need to get this kid lifting weights and cooking his own high quality food lest he become a standard boring, fat Westerner. I recommend:

A sharp knife and a sharpening hone to keep it in top condition. Search amazon for "8" chef's knife"

12" or 10" cast iron pan, with instructions for use

Cutting board

Pepper mill, nothing beats freshly ground pepper

Starting Strength book and videos

The kid can make a surprising amount of extremely high quality food with just a few basic pieces of equipment. You need to instruct him how to sharpen the knife, season the pan and cook a decent steak as well.

Don't gift knives to anyone you like, have them buy it (for a nominal sum). Bad juju

But for $1 I like this

Benchmade 530
[Image: a72248fe326cf146782d631858eb972aselector200both.jpg]

Otherwise I recommend

Starter tool set

[Image: spin_prod_723718601?hei=1000&wid=1000&ql....9,0.5,0,0]

Suggestions:

1. A rocket kit (build your own rocket): http://www.estesrockets.com
2. A real boomerang (I got a real Australian one as a gift once, the kind that really works. It was amazing.)
3. Good fishing rod.
4. A good book or books. Can't go wrong there.

As an avid trout fisher, I second a nice fishing rod, or a kickass pocket tool. We need more info on the kid to make suggestions. St. Croix makes amazing fishing rods and for a small fee you can get a lifetime, no questions asked warranty on it. The kid is 14, he's going to break it. I use Shimano reels which are good quality for the price. My ultra light set cost me $170.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

I got a .30-06 for my 14th birthday.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

More background on the kid would be nice. I take my nephews shopping in person and flirt with women in front of them and they ask me if I know the girls. I say no. Then I tell them to buy whatever their parents wont buy them and I'll blindly pay for it.

A lifting set (+book or guide about it). A guitar. Anything to improve himself actually.

"^ it would be hilarious to see the expression on the face of my older brother's uptight wife if I gave the kid the book Bang."

^You'd be surprised. I had a middle aged woman contact me telling me she's gifting my NCB to her 16yo son for Christmas.

Lmao what a dope ass Mom.

The best gift you can give is to spend time and be a role model. Most kids don't have that now.

Try to get your nephew off electronics--tv, internet, video games, cell phone. He is entering the prime of his life--don't let him waste it in front of a television/computer set.

I wasted so many hours a day of my youth glued to a fucking TV set playing stupid video games. So many missed opportunities--hunting, fishing, playing with friends, talking and interacting with girls, learning life lessons, and learning trades that involved using tools.

He has often been called the "Last of the Romans"

"We have prostitutes for our pleasure, concubines for our health, and wives to bear us lawful offspring."--Demosthenes (384–322 BC), Red Pill Greek Statesman

Quote: (12-04-2013 06:02 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

The best gift you can give is to spend time and be a role model. Most kids don't have that now.

This.

Buy him a gun - teach him how to shoot.

Wald