rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Maria Kang aka "Fit Mom" gets bashed some more

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02...73342.html

Quote:Quote:

Thanks to CNN, Maria Kang (a.k.a. "Fit Mom") is back, facing off with Curvy Girl lingerie owner Chrystal Bougon. And her fat-shaming message is just as misguided as ever.

Kang first made headlines in October after she posted a photograph to her Facebook page of herself in a sports bra and short shorts with her three children and the question, "What's your excuse?" The photo went viral and sparked accusations of fat-shaming. Kang went on to offer a non-apology apology and appear on the Today Show. More recently, she posted a blog bashing Curvy Girl lingerie's "Regular Women" campaign, which showcases photos of non-model, plus-size women and is meant to "show that women with rolls, bumps, lumps, scars, stretch marks, surgery scars and natural breasts that have nursed babies can be stunning and beautiful."

Kang wrote on her blog:
I woke up this morning to news stories about how overweight nearly obese women should be proud of their bodies (as they posed in lingerie) ... We need to change this strange mentality we are breeding in the U.S. and start celebrating people who are a result of hard work, dedication and discipline.
CNN brought both Kang and Bougon on to discuss the incident. Kang insisted that she was not a fat-shamer, but said that the women depicted in Curvy Girl's ad campaign "are not how real women look like or should look like" and claimed that "a lot of people can just tell that [a] person is not healthy."

Bougon insisted that it is not possible to tell how healthy a person is by his or her looks, and pointed out that shaming people is not going to encourage them to become healthier. She also spoke about her company's no-shaming policy, which includes no skinny-shaming.

"We're here to celebrate all women of all sizes," Bougon said of Curvy Girl's mission. "We feel like all women deserve to feel sexy and beautiful. You might be fat today, you might not be fat tomorrow, but whatever you look like today, you get to look and feel as beautiful and as sexy as possible."

Now that's a message we can get behind.

[H/T Jezebel]

She's brilliant for playing it like this.

Media exposure = $$$$$$$$$$

While she obviously has her own agenda, as long as the vessel for this is promotion for personal health I applaud her.

Maybe RoK should have a Hall Of Fame/Honorable Mention section?

I wish we could help her somehow. The masses arrayed against her are so enormous (pun intended) that her voice will be lost among them.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (12-03-2013 05:07 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I wish we could help her somehow. The masses arrayed against her are so enormous (pun intended) that her voice will be lost among them.

OK, guys I guess we should pay a visit at Maria's facebook page and let her know how we love her. If we don't reward women like Maria who else is going to do it?

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Dupe

A year from now you'll wish you started today

She's an attention whore just like the rest.

WIA

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-und...00858.html

hopefully this is a new trend, I would break this one in half

Fat shaming shaming won't work in the long run. It creates victims and in today's passive aggressive society is all it takes to be coddled by the guv. Instead we should just ignore obesity, or start a fit acceptance movement.

I'd love to see an event charge $200 per ticket, or 30 squats in two minutes for entry, similar to what Russia is doing in the public trans. This way you don't create a victim, but rather stay positive by rewarding. There are a lot of variants of this to weed out the fat. I think in the end this would push people to improve their fitness levels. Shaming is going to make most fatties just hide in their closet and eat from their secret Twinkie stack.

Do we really need three threads on Maria Kang? Use the search feature before posting news stories.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30409.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30599.html

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter