rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Study Disputes Fat But Fit Claim

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/new-resear...2D11678836

Looks like the claims of the fat acceptance kooks continue to be blown up.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

There was the recent study finding that even Obese people ended up living longer than simply Overweight people or people of a healthy weight.

Part of that might have been that these people are constantly in the doctor's office and as such become aware of potentially fatal health risks earlier.

Interesting that we've reached a point where you may very well be unhealthy and sickly but may end up living longer than a person with a healthier body because you're plugged into the medical system.

I would still rather be fit and die than be unhealthy my whole life but eke out an existence due to modern medicine.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/02/be...mortality/

Yeah, that's the study that this study apparently finds is in error.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Hmm I think it's just a semantics issue really.

This study shows that people who weigh more are less healthy, and more likely to suffer form heart-attack, stroke etc.

The original study didn't deny that. It simply said that fatter people actually lived longer. It actually credited part of this to being hospitalized more frequently than healthier people.

So basically it said that because your fat ass had a heart attack, doctors started analyzing you and giving you all sorts of meds, you actually died later than someone who was relatively healthy during life, since that person was less likely to be undergoing all these tests and being pumped full of meds.

Healthy doesnt necessarily = long life. You can be a vegetable and continue to "live" technically.

Just because you live longer as whale doesn't mean you live as well as a healthier person with as shorter life. The joints will go faster and you will need more meds as well in general.

It is said that vegans live longer than non-vegans. Probably because no one ever invites them out to do anything fun or potentially dangerous.
Probably the same for fat folks.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

All farm animals live longer than their wild kind.

Proud of my fellow countrymen for this study. Although it shouldn't take a study disproving another obviously ridiculously concluded study to confirm the painfully obvious.

Have you guys heard of the French Paradox?

Quote:Quote:

The French Paradox refers to the fact that while the French eat some of the richest foods, they do not experience the weight issues of Americans

http://weightloss.about.com/cs/eatsmart/a/aa083003a.htm

Team Nachos

^ For sure. Studies aplenty are currently focussing on it. But it might be another example of the obvious.

From your link: "While the French eat more fat than Americans, they probably eat slightly fewer calories, which when compounded over years can amount to substantial differences in weight."

Calories in, calories out. I bet you future studies will show North Americans (who from North to South are presently the 6, 2 and 1st fattest countries, respectively) not only eat more calories than Frenchmen, but WAY more.

Quote: (12-03-2013 01:38 PM)redpillrage33 Wrote:  

^ For sure. Studies aplenty are currently focussing on it. But it might be another example of the obvious.

From your link: "While the French eat more fat than Americans, they probably eat slightly fewer calories, which when compounded over years can amount to substantial differences in weight."

Calories in, calories out. I bet you future studies will show North Americans (who from North to South are presently the 6, 2 and 1st fattest countries, respectively) not only eat more calories than Frenchmen, but WAY more.

The French also consume large quantities of wine which I believe aids in digestion. It helps break down all the fatty foods. It's similar to taking apple cider vinegar in my opinion.

Team Nachos

French people eat smaller portions of richer more filling foods. They don't load up the plates like Americans do, plus eating fat does not make you fat.

The smokes and the wine help too.

It's the same in Quebec here, it's the thinnest province an blow the national average in fatties.

I don't know about the rest of the US but here in NJ we have a large number of buffet restaurants.
Especially Chinese Food Buffets. I'm guilty of going there with my family once or twice a month.
It's hard to turn down $8 a person for all you can eat especially when money is tight. And I love
me some General Tso's Chicken and Pork Fried Rice.

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-03-2013 02:13 PM)kosko Wrote:  

French people eat smaller portions of richer more filling foods. They don't load up the plates like Americans do, plus eating fat does not make you fat.

It's the same in Quebec here, it's the thinnest province an blow the national average in fatties.

Here's an interactive map that can raise some good talking points:

http://chartsbin.com/view/1150

According to it the U.S. and France are close on daily caloric intake. Run your mouse across the map and it'll bring up graphs.

[Image: attachment.jpg15701]   

Quote: (12-03-2013 01:34 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Have you guys heard of the French Paradox?

Quote:Quote:

The French Paradox refers to the fact that while the French eat some of the richest foods, they do not experience the weight issues of Americans

http://weightloss.about.com/cs/eatsmart/a/aa083003a.htm

Every time I hear this, I say back:

The french eat whole foods that are found on the outside of the grocery store. They cook their foods and not eat processed shit.

They also eat an incredibly varied diet that has real fats and protein mixed with real carbs not the empty crap we see in the US. That is why they aren't fat.

If people started eating real food and not processed "low fat" crap they would discover how easy it is to stay fit.

We need a study to prove this?

Quote: (12-03-2013 03:02 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2013 02:13 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Here's an interactive map that can raise some good talking points:

http://chartsbin.com/view/1150

According to it the U.S. and France are close on daily caloric intake. Run your mouse across the map and it'll bring up graphs.

Scroll to the bottom and you get another graph for Marco-nutrient compositions which is even more revealing:

http://chartsbin.com/view/1160

If you look at France its almost balanced between the ratio of fats and cabs to protein.

Also interesting is that Israel, Greece, and Luxembourg have the highest percentages of protein in their diets at around 14%.

^ God, look at my country. 51% carbs. We will be surpassing that #6 fattest country in the world soon.

To put it into pespective, the US, with its #2 status is at 49% carbs. Mexico, with its newly earned #1 status is at a shocking 62% carbs.

The 'fat but fit' crowd simply have conception of what fitness actually is, in the same way that a fat feminist will look at a healthy, athletic girl and claim she's 'dangerously underweight'. Why listen to people with flawed conceptions of health that conveniently flatter their ego?

A woman was commenting to me the other day on not understanding why anyone would run for fun or exercise, and how bad the stitches and gasping for breath are. She said 'it's obviously bad for you'. She had no conception that if you're fit, that doesn't happen. I can run and hold a conversation without fighting for air. Being fit is outside her realm of experience, yet she feels entitled to lecture me on it what a healthy body can and can't do.

I remember flipping myself up to my feet from my back in front of a girl I was dating and her arguing that what I did was 'impossible' for anyone to do, even though I'd just done it.

The Jizzabel reporting on this is hilarious. To one of the news accounts radio the article write responds Et tu, Public Radio? [Image: sad.gif]. As if the media is committing some sort of betrayal by publicly reporting these findings.

Quote: (12-03-2013 04:21 PM)redpillrage33 Wrote:  

^ God, look at my country. 51% carbs. We will be surpassing that #6 fattest country in the world soon.

To put it into pespective, the US, with its #2 status is at 49% carbs. Mexico, with its newly earned #1 status is at a shocking 62% carbs.

I'm not sure I believe the calories it says everyone eats on there. An average of 3,500 for the UK? We have an obesity problem, but it would be much worse if that were true.

49%carbs is pretty good for the world though, it's at about 70%+ in India. No wonder the rich Indians have such awful body composition. I knew it wasn't their genes.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (12-03-2013 06:52 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

The Jizzabel reporting on this is hilarious. To one of the news accounts radio the article write responds Et tu, Public Radio? [Image: sad.gif]. As if the media is committing some sort of betrayal by publicly reporting these findings.

I typed "fat but fit jezebel" into google and read that article...My oh my, ANY excuse not to get fit! What is wrong with them??

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (12-04-2013 08:12 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2013 06:52 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

I typed "fat but fit jezebel" into google and read that article...My oh my, ANY excuse not to get fit! What is wrong with them??

Princesses don't want to work for anything. Not even a fit body. They want everything handed to them. It's a sad state of affairs.

Team Nachos