rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Some Questions About Teaching English in Japan

Finishing grad school next spring and had some questions to those who have lived in Japan and worked as English teachers. Little bit about myself. I speak, read and write Japanese at an intermediate college level. I can read simple Kanji, but I can't read a Japanese newspaper. I can have casual conversations with people. I can understand 80% of what is said on Japanese televisions shows. I grew up in the US, but I went to Japanese school every Saturday for 13 years, and I was raised by Japanese parents.

-Where are good places to live where I can game and meet women? Five to seven locations would be great.

-How is my physical appearance going to play a part in my game effectiveness? Which cities would I be effective? I am your stereotypical, short Asian guy, but I do speak Japanese. I have beginning experience in game. I can do approaches, get into conversations and but weak in closing. I have no illusions about miraculously doing well in Japan, but I'm willing to put in the work.

-What type of organization is the best place to get a job? What type of organization is the easiest place to get a job? What is the pay usually like? What kind of training are they looking for? I will be scanning websites like Dave's ESL Cafe, but I also wanted to get some additional and current insight from gamers. Thanks.

Quote: (11-26-2013 08:26 PM)Shadowarrior Wrote:  

Finishing grad school next spring and had some questions to those who have lived in Japan and worked as English teachers. Little bit about myself. I speak, read and write Japanese at an intermediate college level. I can read simple Kanji, but I can't read a Japanese newspaper. I can have casual conversations with people. I can understand 80% of what is said on Japanese televisions shows. I grew up in the US, but I went to Japanese school every Saturday for 13 years, and I was raised by Japanese parents.

-Where are good places to live where I can game and meet women? Five to seven locations would be great.

-How is my physical appearance going to play a part in my game effectiveness? Which cities would I be effective? I am your stereotypical, short Asian guy, but I do speak Japanese. I have beginning experience in game. I can do approaches, get into conversations and but weak in closing. I have no illusions about miraculously doing well in Japan, but I'm willing to put in the work.

-What type of organization is the best place to get a job? What type of organization is the easiest place to get a job? What is the pay usually like? What kind of training are they looking for? I will be scanning websites like Dave's ESL Cafe, but I also wanted to get some additional and current insight from gamers. Thanks.

If you have a grad school degree you could easily get a job at a university I guess. . .

What did you major in?

Isaiah 4:1

Creative writing