rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you care about what clothes you wear?

Now - I am not talking about picking up girls here...

I want to get onto something deeper. Do you think it is important to dress in a 'cool' way that makes you look good.

Or do you think it is a little bit gay (for want of a better word) to worry too much about what you wear?

I remember a quote from Oscar Wilde:

Quote:Quote:

Only shallow people don't judge by appearances.

I think we all judge people by the way they look. Yet - for some reason knowing that is not motivation enough for me to make more effort.

Maybe I am suffering from 'special flower syndrome' in thinking the rules that apply to others don't apply to me. Since - if I am honest - I probably do pay attention to how other's dress.

Yet - deep in me is something which rebels against playing that game. Like - I imagine - only losers try and look cool. And being overly concerned about your flair is the exact opposite of cool.

I am just wondering if this dilemma is common? Or do you each all obsess over looking as good as possible at all times?

My best friend is a huge Indie fan. And always seems used to put alot of effort in modelling himself to look similar to his favourite musicians. And seeing that always made me (without saying it to his face) think it was a bit sad trying to model your 'look' a certain way.

It is one of those simple questions which makes me wonder if I have being living the wrong way for the past 15 years?

As always - I hope my rambling question makes sense...

Quote: (11-26-2013 05:27 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I want to get onto something deeper. Do you think it is important to dress in a 'cool' way that makes you look good.

Or do you think it is a little bit gay (for want of a better word) to worry too much about what you wear?

I think we all judge people by the way they look. Yet - for some reason knowing that is not motivation enough for me to make more effort.

Maybe I am suffering from 'special flower syndrome' in thinking the rules that apply to others don't apply to me. Since - if I am honest - I probably do pay attention to how other's dress.

Yet - deep in me is something which rebels against playing that game. Like - I imagine - only losers try and look cool. And being overly concerned about your flair is the exact opposite of cool.

I am just wondering if this dilemma is common? Or do you each all obsess over looking as good as possible at all times?

My best friend is a huge Indie fan. And always seems used to put alot of effort in modelling himself to look similar to his favourite musicians. And seeing that always made me (without saying it to his face) think it was a bit sad trying to model your 'look' a certain way.

It is one of those simple questions which makes me wonder if I have being living the wrong way for the past 15 years?

As roosh said when he was wearing the stained shirt compared to a nice one he had to work harder to compensate. Personally its not just about looking cool, fuck what other people are wearing, once it fits you well and projects the image you want its fine. Everyone has a niche, if you find it, the clothing you wear can enhances it and help you to get broads. eg rocker or suit game.

Ultimately you have to be true to yourself.

For some guys that is wearing a skirt.

Thankfully, I was lucky, I guess.

Dressing like a Man ie Custom Suit comes natural to me.

I don't do it to pick up girls (although it works), I do it because it's me.

It is interesting how clothes convey an image.

I am sure alot has been written studying this area - but I have never looked into it.

It is useful if the way you look fits with the person you are. But to do so is to 'brand' yourself and invoke cliches and shorthands in order that strangers can get a 'grasp' on you as quickly as possible.

So - I can see why it is useful. But there is some obstinate part of me that never wanted to play that game. Along similar lines - I never liked it when people wore T-Shirts of their favourite bands. It just struck me as too easy and too 'try hard' in an attempt to try and brand yourself a certain way.

I think I have cool tastes in music and films. And if I could be bothered I could have cool tastes in clothes - yet that is a part of me I prefer to underplay as opposed to making it the centre of my image.

Still - obviously I am not as cool as I think since I am giving this matter way too much thought!

Yes.

Yes. Its like lifting weights, even if girls didn't really care about it, I'd put effort into dressing well just to feel better/ project a better image of myself.

Dress the way you want to be treated.

If you walk around in sweats and an oversized t-shirt go for it. It means you don't give a fuck for the day, that's how I dress when I am taking a day off (one or two days maximum per year).

Now if you go out to meet new people who can help you later in life and dress in a t-shirt and jeans don't be surprised if no one gives a shit about you.

If I was meeting a new guy who is well off and could be a great connection you'll see me in a crisp suit.

Keep it simple.

Quote: (11-26-2013 06:21 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Still - obviously I am not as cool as I think since I am giving this matter way too much thought!

Yeah, you are thinking about it too much.

I don't even think about what I am going to wear, it just comes naturally. Men don't dress for comfort, that is for sissys and fat girls. Men dress for Function and Style.

I change clothes multiple times per day. Here is what I wore, I have to think about it.

1. Boardshorts and t-shirt for Sunrise workout.
2. Boardshorts, ocean swim.
3. Slacks, no shirt - working.
4. Slacks, wife beater - check waves
5. Boardshorts - surfing
6. Slacks, no shirt - work, lunch nap.
7. Tonight - Custom Suit.

I didn't even think about each clothing change.

Damn, I change clothes 7-8 times per day on average, I guess.

Quote: (11-26-2013 06:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

G, just how Custom suited down are you...5 nights a week? evenings only? or straight up 24-7 not leaving the house unless CSD

Quote: (11-26-2013 06:34 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

Quote: (11-26-2013 06:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

G, just how Custom suited down are you...5 nights a week? evenings only? or straight up 24-7 not leaving the house unless CSD

See above.

That was today.

All depends though.

Aren't we always complaining about how American girls don't put any effort into their appearances? I have to admit, I've always dressed for comfort which meant lots of loose stuff that looked like crap on me but I acknowledge that if I expect girls to be doll themselves up with skirts and thigh high boots then I better be willing to do my part too.

Interesting question.

I literally spent my late teenage years dressing like I don't give a fuck, actually till recently I always dressed as a non giving a fuck guy (thugged out clothes, combining with my thug walk). The hard truth is that people always judge you by the way you dress even though you may think that the majority of people don't care. How many times have I jumped on the bus, walked into a store, approached a lady to ask for information and they assumed that I was trying to commit a robbery. The funny thing is that I have never robbed anybody in my life and I am probably one of the most honest person that you will ever meet.

I have been told few times by different people that the way I look has nothing to do with my personal life. I am actually a big hiphop fan and my dress code usually represents rap culture but it's super super hard to meet guys that dress like me and walk like me who have wide international experience, have a masters degree, fluent in 3 languages (learning a 4th) and happens to be on a forum like this.[Image: catlady.gif]

I have to disagree with Oscar Wilde, his statement was simply his opinion, it's not the hard truth. Actually I think that is shallow to judge people by their appearances and in my own life experience, appearances always deceived me. I try not to judge people by their appearances, I judge them by their character, general vibe, arguments, personal stories and opinions. I am the type of guy that will talk to anybody, you will see me talking for two hours to a homeless guy or you will see me talking to the expat old guy who made more than 10 million dollars and decided to live abroad, I think different type of people can offer value to my life (not all of course).

Lately I am caring more about my appearance. It actually makes a big difference in terms of pulling girls.

Quote: (11-26-2013 06:30 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Dress the way you want to be treated.

If you walk around in sweats and an oversized t-shirt go for it. It means you don't give a fuck for the day, that's how I dress when I am taking a day off (one or two days maximum per year).

Now if you go out to meet new people who can help you later in life and dress in a t-shirt and jeans don't be surprised if no one gives a shit about you.

If I was meeting a new guy who is well off and could be a great connection you'll see me in a crisp suit.

Keep it simple.

Whats your dress code like in everyday situations?

It doesn't even take that much work to dress well as a guy. Slacks and a button down - well fitting, of course - puts you above 90% of the population. Even my, I don't give a fuck, look consists of high quality jeans and a stylish hoody that fits properly. The main problem I have is keeping my shoes well kept. They get scratched and scuffed to hell really fast.

Minus the glasses, pants are slacks not shitty kakhis, this is pretty much what I am wearing right now, almost to the T actually. (Dude on left)

http://lookastic.com/men/looks/dress-pan...square/241

The G will probably disapprove ha, but I like to do mis-matching blazers and slacks. If I'm suiting to go out it's going to have a pattern on it usually I just don't like straight flat on flat unless I have a tie, tie bar, square and cuff links on. Usually too lazy for all that so I rock something like the above.

Appearance matters but above all else YOU gotta feel 100 in whatever you rock.It's not what you wear as much as it's HOW you wear it.I keep it very simple.I wear either Dickies or Levi's,a clean t-shirt and various hoodies if it's cold.For shoe's it's Nike's or Timberland boots in the winter.Im not a brand whore although I did list brand names.The names I listed are brands that I know I'm gonna get my money's worth out of as far as manufacturing quality.When it comes to pants and shoes I buy stuff that is super durable as Im a pretty active person.Levi's and Dickies are also inexpensive.I have a lot of shoes although Im not a sneaker head by any means.I buy on sale usually.I also like accessories such as watches and nice belts and buckles.Again nothing super expensive but I put in effort to match colors really well. Also ironing.Ironing makes a BIG difference. I try to stay starched and creased.Fit is important too. Nothing too loose or tight. Unless your jacked, then it's cool to rock the occasional extra medium t-shirt.

Quote: (11-26-2013 05:27 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

You know, last year I would have told you that I only dress my best, but I think, and I've realized more and more, it does not matter how the fuck you are dressed in most situations.

I have thousands of dollars worth of expensive clothes, but I'm realizing I'm more comfortable in a nice v-neck shirt, and some nice shoes. Otherwise, I can't be bothered to put on my super-nice dress shirts, match my belts and get matching jeans. I've found myself dressing more basic, and simpler now a days.

As far as game's concerned, my face isn't going to change, so either bitches like it, or they don't. Sure, you'll get the occasional superficial bitch who'll approach you because you're dressed to the nines, but I don't even capitalize on women approaching me, so it's all about me approaching anyways, and granted you can get the charm train running, the outcomes are going to be the same. Some of my best game experiences were when I was wearing some basic ass shit.

So, what I wear is really only up to special occasions now a days.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

True fashion brings out the true self.

Not only can fashion amplify what you have going on inside, can change how you feel as well, for better or for worse.

You have to ask, what do I really want?

Do I want to get laid?

What do I need to wear to make that happen?

I was walking in Central Park and I saw an older hippy-looking guy in funky clothing walking with a model chick.

Turns out it was Steven Tyler. Not on stage, but taking a stroll with some girl.

Maybe what feels natural to you is actually preventing you from getting what you want. Too a lot of guys, I feels natural stay at home in their parents basement play Xbox games where they control powerful fantasy alpha males with mighty weapons.

Do they want to be those alpha males?

Is that their dream?

If it is, then they need to start asking themselves some tough questions about their situation.

How is dressing in a dumpy clothing while eating cheetos on the floor with your "bros" playing video games going to help you get pussy?

You can see where I'm going with these questions.

It leads to this: If you want girls, and you don't have freedom with women, then how you are dressing is probably working against your true intentions.

It the same thing with all aspects of game. Approach Anxiety: sure, it might feel more comfortable not to approach something like this: [Image: knockout_550x398.jpg]

or this:
[Image: tumblr_m9gyfy5Pfe1qzy8r9.jpg]

But, you odds are, you will never get that if you don't move out of your comfort zone.

I can tell you from my experience that embracing fashion instead of fighting against has opened up a lot of.. opportunities for me.

What works for me:

If I'm wearing a suit, I avoid looking *too* put together, or Australians will read you as 'up yourself' (up your own arse = narcissistic), or gay. I see no positive bang value in making women think I'm rich and successful. They'll bang an unemployed bum if he has game, and I've successfully used that tactic.

Night game: I always make sure to be unshaven. Slightly askew tie - they'll read it as needing a girlfriend to help me dress better, triggers their mothering instinct. This can work with slightly messy hair, if you still have it. She smooths it down = intimacy increase = excuse to escalate touching.

I unbutton the top collar and loosen the tie after a while - this reveals the muscles in my neck, (girls notice), and show that I don't take formality and worrying what others think of me too seriously.

It's not about looking like a slob, it's about giving off the impression that your clothes are restricting your natural physicality. Free spirit. Untamed tiger. *hamster spins* He must be rough in bed. Submissive tingles.

Yes. I love putting on a suit in the morning, looking in the mirror and saying to myself, "Damn fellow, you look awesome."

I rarely ever leave my house without at least a jacket or blazer.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (11-26-2013 07:26 PM)RouteBackwards Wrote:  

As far as game's concerned, my face isn't going to change, so either bitches like it, or they don't. Sure, you'll get the occasional superficial bitch who'll approach you because you're dressed to the nines, but I don't even capitalize on women approaching me, so it's all about me approaching anyways, and granted you can get the charm train running, the outcomes are going to be the same. Some of my best game experiences were when I was wearing some basic ass shit.

So, what I wear is really only up to special occasions now a days.

Day game is a whole different matter. I can be dressed in torn shirts and a paint-splattered shirt and still get a flirty vibe going in a supermarket. Looking like you don't give it a shit whilst having a fit body means they'll think you're a blue collar guy, who are considered more masculine, earthy and fun-loving by even the educated women, who tend to date down, particularly as trade jobs require your physical presence and can't be outsourced overseas. Looking intelligent and cultured has little value to the majority of Australians, which is why I hide my intelligence, and dress down most of the time.

My favorite outfit is this one suit...

My birthday suit.

Chicks seem to dig it, which is great because it has a non-refundable purchase.

If I've been banging a girl for a while, I might have her come over to me wearing sweat pants or something totally un-cool, just to mix it up and test her.

Then I'll fuck her really well.

Appearance matters, all the time. In every way. You are a walking, flesh-and-blood propaganda vehicle. Grooming and clothing are key.
Always try to look good. How you go about it will depend on the time, place, circumstances, etc.

I'm not saying you should be a dandy or an effete fashion enthusiast, but the bottom line is: APPEARANCE MATTERS. Get some decent clothing, break the code on fashion that works for you, and don't slack off.

I dress well for professional reasons. I know that I personally wouldn't trust my money with anybody who can't even be bothered to properly learn how to wear a necktie.

I get compliments almost daily from people on how I dress myself. And I like to point out the things I like about other people's clothing just as often. It's always sincere and it gives a nice focal point to an introductory conversation because people's clothes are the first line of their outward appearance.