rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Groupies from youtube fitness channel

Anyone know if guys with a youtube channel get pussy out of it?
Most channels im subscribed to get 4-5k views per vid.

Im thinking about filming myself lifting, something really basic, like what ben rice and pete rubish used to do some time ago. Not really looking to make money out of it, just some small local fame, if i can get people to recognize me at campus it will be good enough for me.
Keep in mind that no one is doing this in my country. 99% of the people that go to the gym here dont even know what powerlifting is and are impressed with a 315 deadlift [Image: tard.gif]

I used to get some people staring at me at the gym based on numbers/intensity.

Anyway thoughts? I think this could be a interesting topic since we all know how much pussy fame can get you, but there is no much talk about actually becoming famous.

Quote: (11-25-2013 10:13 AM)dog24 Wrote:  

Anyone know if guys with a youtube channel get pussy out of it?
Most channels im subscribed to get 4-5k views per vid.

Im thinking about filming myself lifting, something really basic, like what ben rice and pete rubish used to do some time ago. Not really looking to make money out of it, just some small local fame, if i can get people to recognize me at campus it will be good enough for me.
Keep in mind that no one is doing this in my country. 99% of the people that go to the gym here dont even know what powerlifting is and are impressed with a 315 deadlift [Image: tard.gif]

I used to get some people staring at me at the gym based on numbers/intensity.

Anyway thoughts? I think this could be a interesting topic since we all know how much pussy fame can get you, but there is no much talk about actually becoming famous.

Understand that if your making lifting videos 98% of your viewers will be men. You will get fans, but they will be fan boys...

Your better of making videos with kittens if you want female viewership and just not wear a shirt while doing it. The dudes I know or met whom have youtube fame and female groupies are making stupid videos, or they are Asian with a mass following.

The best middle ground would be somebody like Furious Pete. He makes 'dumb' videos of him just eating fucked up foods, but he still has a hardcore lifting element to his channel(s) as well.

Video production is hard. Building an audience might take dedication and love. If you're looking for quick pussy, try pickup.

That said, think about three things...

1) What do you love doing/making/shooting? If you're gonna be churning videos out and dedicating time to this, the process has to be fun.

2) What value do you have to give? What is your audience interested in seeing? If your target audience is women 18-24, they're probably not looking for sick deadlift advice, and there are a lot of ripped guys on the internet. A few good videos might be good to post on your facebook/OKC, but they might not be the kind of thing tons of girls forward to each other - unless you anger/troll them by talking about how you love girls with eating disorders.

3) What will make this spread? How will people discover this channel? Notice the headlines top youtubers have. Look at the headlines on ROT. Look what friends of yours are forwarding and reposting. Lots of clickbait. Lots of headlines with questions and hooks that you want to find out the ending of - "you won't believe what happens next!" Consider reading "Trust Me, I'm Lying" by Ryan Holiday for more on this.

If you were going to do lifting videos targeted at women, consider adding an element that'll make them forward this to their friends. Create a persona or character, even if it's just an exaggerated version of yourself. You could go over the top what girls want (think the Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" meme) or troll with red pill advice and things that will generate anger.

Look at the top youtube lifters - the Hodge Twins are hilarious, and have a really unique persona. Elliot Hulse adds tons of value and good advice in his posts. Find your voice. Good luck.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

If you are doing it solely to "build local fame" and meet girls, don't do it.

You will get a better return on your time if you just drink cocktails and smoke cigarettes at a dope bar 3 nights per week.

Sounds like a lot of work for little payout. I hope you're still in high school or just really young if you think getting groupies is that easy.

Musicians spend years honing their craft before they get groupies. Any expert does.

How many hours you going to spend on YouTube videos that you don't want to otherwise do just to hope some girl sees you and chooses you?

You going to fly our a girl from Zanesville, Ohio to wherever you live to bang you?

If you wanna do a fitness channel, by all means follow your passion.

But if you're going to spend thousands of hours (those successful youtube guys spend 3-5 hours a day on their channels) just to hope some girl sees you and then decides to make a move….

Calling beta on that.

Go be a man and seek out women instead of passively sitting around like a coward hoping they will come to you.

Yup.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (11-25-2013 10:13 AM)dog24 Wrote:  

Since anyone can put videos on Youtube, I don't see it increasing any man's value with women unless you get a TV deal out of it. You're far more likely to get sexually-propositioned by dudes. Given the enormous signal to noise ratio on Youtube, it's far less effort to just hit a bar and run game.

Hot women don't need to troll Youtube.

Damn i didnt see this coming.
Yeah you guys are right, i guess i shouldnt have used the word "groupie".
Im not really counting on girls to send me nude pics or stuff like that, like i said just small fame. If i can get a "hey arent you that guy that lifts weights" i will be more than happy.
I dont know if some of you guys know the channel clarence0, all the guy does is lift weights, he doesnt comment, doesnt give speeches just puts up his training out there.
Im at the gym a lot, and i was all alone today for most of the morning so i thought that this could be a good idea.
Maybe i will still do this as a personal project.... thanks anyway guys.

^ If you want to do a channel, yes, you should do one.

If your motivation is to meet girls, there are more efficient uses of your time.

That's all we were saying.

Matt Ogus makes money and has groupies. Some even pay him to do webcam shows.

One guy paid him to eat Chipoltle burritos on webcam for him....

One guy.........for him.......

Quote: (11-25-2013 08:11 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Matt Ogus makes money and has groupies. Some even pay him to do webcam shows.

One guy paid him to eat Chipoltle burritos on webcam for him....

One guy.........for him.......

Heh.

I see what you did there.

(For guys who don't get the joke, type in the guy's name into Google and "gay for pay" should auto populate.)

Kali Muscle also has some…err…"interesting" pics out there.

I think to get groupies, prank channels are the way to go.

Would not be surprised if Vitaly had groupies...gets viewership in the millions, girls must be watching his channel too.

Even other internet pranksters get plenty of viewership from both genders.