rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For those of you that roll out in suits to bars,clubs, etc..

Are these your "good" suits? Im asking cause I have suits I wear to work that I paid a little over a grand for, and Im not sure if I'd want to beat them to the ground wearing them out in nightlife. Do you buy suits just for going out or are your suits universal?

I don't have a single suit that I haven't gone to work in and also gone out in.

Given a choice and time to prepare, I will choose a couple suits far more frequently than others while going though. Those would be my going out suits.

So pretty universal with a few primarily (but not exclusively) for going out.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

1,000 bucks is a good suit now?

Just joshing.

Business suit, formal wear, navy blazers in my opinion look bad for night game. But those Zara euro shiny fabric joints look obnoxious.

Go with an on sale off the rack joint from a good spot and get it seriously tailored. Not just pants and jacket cuffs, get the jacket taken in to show off your form. Don't be a boxy blob of wool.

Finish with a tie, tie bar, and pocket square. Pay for shoes you can Dance in, or run for a cab.

WIA

Quote: (11-24-2013 07:29 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Just joshing.

Business suit, formal wear, navy blazers in my opinion look bad for night game. But those Zara euro shiny fabric joints look obnoxious.

Go with an on sale off the rack joint from a good spot and get it seriously tailored. Not just pants and jacket cuffs, get the jacket taken in to show off your form. Don't be a boxy blob of wool.

Finish with a tie, tie bar, and pocket square. Pay for shoes you can Dance in, or run for a cab.

WIA

this is what I have

http://us.burberry.com/slim-fit-virgin-w...-p38408601

RRL suits. Look great in the office and out. Great styling, built like a tank. Lucky enough to wear jeans in the office, then suits for client preso's and for going out. I have always hated wearing a bankers suit when going out, I blow through them. ^^I bought 4 Burberry suits from bloomindales and all of them fell apart with less than a dozen wears each. Wrote the CMO there and they gave me new ones, which subsequently all fell apart again. Banker suits always do..

Black suits are made for the night, not business. So that suit is a good choice.

But if you are afraid of wearing it, what's the point? It will smell like smoke, someone will spill a drink on it, you will walk through a puddle and get water spots on the pants leg. It won't be the same after dry cleaning.

But you will be prepped for a different class of women, heels and cocktail dresses, not platforms and mini skirts, or sandals and jeans.

You want primetime? Or you want to deal with dregs?

WIA

Buy suits from Zara.

Get it tailored.

Pocket square, socks, shoes etc go expensive.

You'll look sharp and club hoes can't tell the difference.

I have my going out/hosting suits and my 'nice' suits.

Drink spills, makeup stains, cig burns etc year a suit up going out.

*tear

Quote:Quote:

You can put on a $1000 suit and still be a lowlife, but you shouldn't look like one.

Best suits for best gigs.

I am not going to rock a $5000 Custom Suit on a Wednesday night in New Orleans.

Well maybe.

I usually rock the best stuff at things like sick Charity gigs chock full or girls or a Wilhelmina party, or Art Basel Gig or Del Mar Racetrack.

I will wear the top stuff at biz dinners etc, stuff where I know some chump from Zanesville who is faded after two drinks will spill his well vodka cran on me.

If I have stuff that I get sick of, I usually get rid of it; give it to chairty. You have to give back to The People, after all.

So yeah, the more I think about it, I rock the top stuff all the time.

What are you saving it for, anyways?

Just plan your night and make the right moves for you.

Here are a few of my thoughts.

The real reason to spend big money on suits is durability. Great material, quality construction and expert tailoring will give you a garment that you can wear for a long time.

For going out, you don't want cheap-looking material and you don't want something that's going to fall apart after three wearings, but you don't need the best. Tailoring is where you'll get the most bang for the buck.

Find a brand at your price point that fits you well and is decently constructed and get it tailored.
Alternately, use one of the online made-to-measure suit makers. I recently got a suit from Black Lapel (http://blacklapel.com/) for about $400 and I get complimented on it just about every time that I wear it.

Quote: (11-24-2013 06:50 PM)TrueSlyr Wrote:  

Are these your "good" suits? Im asking cause I have suits I wear to work that I paid a little over a grand for, and Im not sure if I'd want to beat them to the ground wearing them out in nightlife. Do you buy suits just for going out or are your suits universal?

Not sure what business you are in, but rarely are business suits meant for a night out. Unless this is you at happy hour:
[Image: Party-all-the-time.jpg]

I like to wear something at night that wont get random people trying to place an order with me, or trying to grease me to get into the bar.

A night suit should set you a part. Have more fun with it. Splash out a bit. But own it, wear it with comfort and confidence. Check out Lapo Elkann.

Yeah, its going to be a bit of a "work suit". As McQueen said. As long as each cigarette burn and lipstick stain tells a story rather than just getting gutter water splashed on you while waiting in line for 2 for 1 cocktail night.

Do you think Suit supply suits would be good for nights out?

I gotta agree with McQueen. Unless you're rolling with a wealthy crowd, a well fitting Zara suit is enough. Emphasis on fit. You can wear it 6 months then throw it out. Girls don't know shit about suits. Just make sure everything else is on point.

I wore my best suit to a nightclub once, some bimbo spilt her red wine on it and ruined my night. It was a great night prior to that, the bouncers shook my hand while frisking everyone else that entered the club.
Hot girls eyed me hard and the girls I opened were highly receptive.
I will only dress up like that for special occasions, which will probably be over the holiday season.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (11-24-2013 09:57 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I gotta agree with McQueen. Unless you're rolling with a wealthy crowd, a well fitting Zara suit is enough. Emphasis on fit. You can wear it 6 months then throw it out. Girls don't know shit about suits. Just make sure everything else is on point.

Agreed. I get ALL of my suits in Asia for $100 for each jacket and pair of pants. The tailors I use produce products that last a long time (50 wears+ with no noticeable wear) and are very decently fitted.

I get complimented all the time. I'm sure if I rolled with a bunch of high rollers, they might notice, but every comment I have ever heard has been very much the opposite. While not everyone understands my decision to wear at least a jacket 99% of the time, they've never complained that I look cheap. In fact, I look much better than many guys I see who spend a lot of money, but don't (a) have their suit properly fitted or (b) have a body worth fitting a suit to.

I'm the King of Beijing!

My drycleaner hates me. Vodka cran sprayed unto my tan canali slacks. Cigarette burns. Blood. Soy sauce. Grime.

As a younger dude, rock the suits that you feel comfortable in. Don't use anything that you wouldn't feel comfortable getting stains on. Defeats the purpose of "looking good".

Pro-tip- Only drink neutral clears when you are moving around. Nothing with sugar either... Vodka-soda on my suit is basically maintenance cleaning.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

How old were you guys when you started rocking suits? I feel like I'm still a bit young for it (22)

I've been wearing suits since I was 5yo.

Seriously. My Mom always dressed me in suits for church, so I became comfortable rocking a suit very early on.

In college I didn't suit up much because it didn't make sense with the types of college clubs and bars I went to.

Started back again wearing them out when I started hosting at clubs. In Vegas it's mandatory.

I don't always suit up, but 80% of the time I doz

If you're worried about costs for a basically disposable suit/jacket, check out Goodwill. Get something close and get it tailored.

I generally buy at places like Kohl's or Men's Wearhouse as once it's tailored most broads can't tell a good suit from average in my area.

No Zara's near me.

Another cheap source for great-looking suits is Bachrach. I'd never heard of the store until I randomly walked past it in the mall a few months ago. Popped my head in and the styles were clutch, prices were great and the staff was extremely helpful.

[Image: blue_stripe_slim_fit_suit_-_charcoal_-_0991-80089.jpg]

That isn't the suit that I bought. The one time I've rocked it so far I had random ass people coming up to me (girls and guys) saying things like "Nice," and "No homo, but you look damn sharp," and "Dude, great suit."

Express has cheap decent looking blazers. I have a red jacket i wear. Girls open me consistantly when i go out in it.

I don't really have the problem of my jackets getting dirty or even spilled on. *knocks on wood*

Just get used suits from Ebay or thrift stores-you can find high quality suits for very cheap if you know what you're doing

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Be wary of any clothes that look too flash, I was called out by a girl on saturday for wearing the same vivien westwood twice in a month. If you want to rock top level gear then be prepared to have a wardrobe full or risk looking like that guy who only has one nice outfit that gets worn all the time.

I wear jackets and very nice jeans, but not a full suit. Zara and Armani Exchange have a lot to offer that are stylish and reasonably priced. A few I own have held up surprisingly well given all they've been through.