rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm Not A Fan of Country Music, But…

I remember being a kid hanging out with my grandfather (Playa). He was a huge fan of country music. While the rest of my family was into R&B, and MoTown, Big Jack loved his country. Here is one of his favorite songs. I remembering singing this in the car with him when we were out and about. It's about getting married broads.

"I See The Want To In Your Eyes"

I see the sparkling little diamond on your hand
It's plain to see that you've already got a man
I can see you're not about to fall for any of my lines
I see the want to in your eyes

Deep in your smile there's a quiet, soft desire
Like the embers of a once raging fire
You know I could light that fire again,
you know it isn't wise
I see the want to in your eyes

How strong's a band of gold
Is it strong enough to hold,
when a love has grown cold
and A woman wants a love, sweet
and warm
How many women just like you have
silent schemes.
How many men like me do they sleep
with in their dreams
You can stay or you can go and
although I sympathize
I still see the want to in your eyes
I see the want to in your eyes.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

There was a good Reggae Country music album Reggaes Gone Country i enjoyed all the songs on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Reggaes-Gone-Count...B005BDZLDC
Play some of the samples let me know what you think.

Its on spotify as well

I spent a lot of hours sitting in pickup trucks listening to country music as a kid growing up. They always had the best names.

Conway Twitty.
Ricky Skaggs.
Dolly Parton.
Waylon Jennings.

Still a fan actually. I would love to spend a couple weeks in the bars and honky tonks of Tennessee.

Quote: (11-22-2013 07:57 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I spent a lot of hours sitting in pickup trucks listening to country music as a kid growing up. They always had the best names.

Conway Twitty.
Ricky Skaggs.
Dolly Parton.
Waylon Jennings.

Still a fan actually. I would love to spend a couple weeks in the bars and honky tonks of Tennessee.

I like the old country music. The new stuff is just too close to Pop music for me.

Country is alright if you appreciate it for what it is. It's "good old boy" music you listen to with a bon fire. If you grew up in a rural area, you've listened to a lot of country while drinking Keystone light and sipping beer out of a red solo cup at keg parties in a corn field.

It's a little too cool to not like country. Every dumb slut puts on her OK Cupid profile, "I like all music except country." Well aren't you so fucking cool, listening to Keisha and Lady Gaga.

Quote: (11-22-2013 08:15 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Country is alright if you appreciate it for what it is. It's "good old boy" music you listen to with a bon fire. If you grew up in a rural area, you've listened to a lot of country while drinking Keystone light and sipping beer out of a red solo cup at keg parties in a corn field.

It's a little too cool to not like country. Every dumb slut puts on her OK Cupid profile, "I like all music except country." Well aren't you so fucking cool, listening to Keisha and Lady Gaga.

I'm from NYC and I dig outlaw country music like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson.

The lyrics in country music can be really good.

Yeah funny enough he got all this exposure to the new generation after Family Guy started randomly putting him in episodes, for example this track I like:

Also these are good, reminds me of older relatives too:

Quote: (11-22-2013 04:56 PM)vinman Wrote:  

I remember being a kid hanging out with my grandfather (Playa). He was a huge fan of country music. While the rest of my family was into R&B, and MoTown, Big Jack loved his country.

No surprise about your grandfather. So many of the themes, attitudes, questions explored on this forum have provided the themes of historical, country music. Polygamy, bad boys, it is all there. Three chords and the truth. Wisdom passed down.

Player attitude? There is a little of that too. A younger (30) Waylon Jennings. "I've had a hundred just like you. But don't be blue... I'll have a thousand more before I'm through." On national TV in 1967.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

RVF forum theme song. [Image: banana.gif]

Also, Tonight's whiskey, with horses

[Image: rock_hill.jpg]

delicioustacos.com

I enjoy Hank Williams Sr.
He has really good songs.

Now you guys are talking. I enjoy this old shit. But I'm willing to give Hank Williams III a listen.

Here's something that cracks me up.

The country tunes I listened to in my youth…not good music. I liked it, but I like a lot of bad stuff (caramel corn comes to mind).

But is Top 40 music, from an artistic perspective of whatever the hell people use to judge music, any better?

Why is gangsta rap "good"? I listen to it. ON a deeper level, the stuff is depraved. It glorifies violence. People should want to leave the geto, not sing about it.

Yet why do you always hear people say, as some sort of disclaimer, "I'm not a fan of country music, but…"

No one says that about any other music.

Like you can't just say, "This a good song." You have to let everyone know that you don't actually listen to country. But…good song.

See how saying bullshit like that shows how deep you are in the Pop Culture Consumer Matrix?

Like what you like. If you like a country song, anyone who judges you can fuck off. <--- That's what is really means to "unplug."

I never understood that either. It was always everything vs country.

Just like any genre, there is going to be garbage.

I knew this guy growing up, he was the bass player for a punk band called "The Smalls".

He went on back to his roots after the band split. Good old style country music. His first shows as a country band was made up mostly of leather jacket bikers and punks. Everyone loved the show and had a great time, passing the bottle around and hollering at the stage.

Country music. They can sing about anything.

Quote: (11-22-2013 09:49 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  

kind of a bittersweet player song (oneitis for an imaginary perfect girl)

liek diz if u cry everytiem.

Outlaw country?

David Allen Coe is outlaw country.

Cum Stains on the Pillow

I made Linda Lovelace Gag

Pick em, Lick em, Stick em

This guy was red pill before there was a red pill.

Quote: (11-22-2013 11:03 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Here's something that cracks me up.

The country tunes I listened to in my youth…not good music. I liked it, but I like a lot of bad stuff (caramel corn comes to mind).

But is Top 40 music, from an artistic perspective of whatever the hell people use to judge music, any better?

Why is gangsta rap "good"? I listen to it. ON a deeper level, the stuff is depraved. It glorifies violence. People should want to leave the geto, not sing about it.

Yet why do you always hear people say, as some sort of disclaimer, "I'm not a fan of country music, but…"

No one says that about any other music.

Like you can't just say, "This a good song." You have to let everyone know that you don't actually listen to country. But…good song.

See how saying bullshit like that shows how deep you are in the Pop Culture Consumer Matrix?

Like what you like. If you like a country song, anyone who judges you can fuck off. <--- That's what is really means to "unplug."
[Image: attachment.jpg15535]   

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Anything off Average Joes Entertainment is solid, for the newer stuff:

http://www.averagejoesent.com/

Most people don't realize Cash, Jennings, and Kristofferson were the rockstars of the 60's.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

One of my favorite country songs, and perhaps one of the funniest songs ever performed:

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Country fan here too. Prefer the non-mainstream non-pop sounding country that actually sticks to some bluegrass roots. I played high school football in texas and their texas country music was some of the best I heard. Had a focus on girls, partying, and a little bud-smokin'(usual country theme). Acts like Randy Rogers Band, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jason Boland, Micky and the Motorcars, Pat Green, Deryl Dodd and many others to list were the background to alot of friday night lights after-parties. Good times.