rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Re-adjustment to US Life

Re-adjustment to US Life

I'm currently in the US for family/personal reasons and will be here for quite a long while.

I can honestly say that I've had more fun and adventures when it comes to glamorous living, beautiful foreign women, and one-of-a-kind experiences over the last decade than 99% of my friends who remained back in the US.

As a result, it's a little bit of an adjustment being back here -- although also a much-needed period of rest and recuperation for my body and mind.

The advantages of being back here have been:

1. Minimal expenses. I used to pay anywhere from $1000 to $2500 a month in rental expenses alone when I was living abroad. That's now dropped down to zero as I own my place property in the US.

2. Rest & Relaxation. Unfortunately, I no longer have an ever-changing, revolving line-up of exotic blondes and brunettes that I can choose to do on any given night of the week. On the other hand, I'm no longer punishing my liver with whiskey and I get 9 hours of sleep every night.

3. Fitness. The US has the best Mixed Martial Arts gyms in the world. I train 1-2 times a day in Western boxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, or MMA. There's something deeply satisfying about practicing combat as a man.

4. Hanging with the guys. The lonely aspect of ex-pat life is not always having a good group of friends to hang out with. Many of my friends have moved away from where I live, but I still have a few around who I've known all my life. However, I have noticed that overloading them with too many stories of life abroad causes "shell-shock" -- so I need to remind myself to keep the crazier stories to myself to avoid coming off as a braggart.

5. More time for business. I'm launching a web site in 1 week which already has customers waiting, and will be putting together an iPhone application to be released early next year. I've also been able to attend some face-to-face meetings and generally get more networking done relevant to my line of work.

The downsides of being back:

1. I have no desire to go to any US club or bar. American women are vastly overrated and it's painful watching women who would be "invisible" where I used to live get mobbed by men who kiss their ass like they possess the last vagina on earth.

2. The visual scenery of strip malls, gas stations, freeways, McDonalds, Dunkin' Doughnuts, Kentucky Fried Chicken, fat women, sloppy dressed men & women, repeated to infinity, is not good for my poetic soul.

3. I'm no longer "special." It was nice being "the foreign guy" where I used to live because it automatically increased my value in the eyes of local women, and allowed me to enjoy an identity that was unique and somewhat compelling. Back in the US, at first glance at least, I'm just one of countless guys hustling to get his nut.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-20-2010 11:06 AM)subutai Wrote:  

I'm currently in the US for family/personal reasons and will be here for quite a long while.

I can honestly say that I've had more fun and adventures when it comes to glamorous living, beautiful foreign women, and one-of-a-kind experiences over the last decade than 99% of my friends who remained back in the US.

As a result, it's a little bit of an adjustment being back here -- although also a much-needed period of rest and recuperation for my body and mind.

The advantages of being back here have been:

1. Minimal expenses. I used to pay anywhere from $1000 to $2500 a month in rental expenses alone when I was living abroad. That's now dropped down to zero as I own my place property in the US.

2. Rest & Relaxation. Unfortunately, I no longer have an ever-changing, revolving line-up of exotic blondes and brunettes that I can choose to do on any given night of the week. On the other hand, I'm no longer punishing my liver with whiskey and I get 9 hours of sleep every night.

3. Fitness. The US has the best Mixed Martial Arts gyms in the world. I train 1-2 times a day in Western boxing, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, or MMA. There's something deeply satisfying about practicing combat as a man.

4. Hanging with the guys. The lonely aspect of ex-pat life is not always having a good group of friends to hang out with. Many of my friends have moved away from where I live, but I still have a few around who I've known all my life. However, I have noticed that overloading them with too many stories of life abroad causes "shell-shock" -- so I need to remind myself to keep the crazier stories to myself to avoid coming off as a braggart.

5. More time for business. I'm launching a web site in 1 week which already has customers waiting, and will be putting together an iPhone application to be released early next year. I've also been able to attend some face-to-face meetings and generally get more networking done relevant to my line of work.

The downsides of being back:

1. I have no desire to go to any US club or bar. American women are vastly overrated and it's painful watching women who would be "invisible" where I used to live get mobbed by men who kiss their ass like they possess the last vagina on earth.

2. The visual scenery of strip malls, gas stations, freeways, McDonalds, Dunkin' Doughnuts, Kentucky Fried Chicken, fat women, sloppy dressed men & women, repeated to infinity, is not good for my poetic soul.

3. I'm no longer "special." It was nice being "the foreign guy" where I used to live because it automatically increased my value in the eyes of local women, and allowed me to enjoy an identity that was unique and somewhat compelling. Back in the US, at first glance at least, I'm just one of countless guys hustling to get his nut.

I can relate to this, I have been culture shocked every time I"ve gone back to the US and I dont think it'll be any different this time around.

Frankly I think this period of time will be good for you in the long run.

One big issue I have every time I come back from a long term stint in China/Korea is that I somehow lose my ability to speak English.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Preparing for this around Christmas time. I'll only be back in the US for like a month, so the friends and family will easily outweigh the negatives.

Something that helps my head is keeping busy with events. Make sure to be heading out to concerts, art shows, parks, taking little day trips, working out, cooking my meals etc. Keeping busy does a body good, and even though on average the USA isn't heaven, there's usually good stuff going on that you can find if you seek it.

Re-adjustment to US Life

I especially relate to this. Whenever I come back from abroad, that's one of the first visual things that strikes me is the way this country is made for cars, not people. But that should be no surprise. There are more cars than people in the USA.

Re-adjustment to US Life

This thread is negative energy.

American women may not be your dream, but there are some legitimate world class hotties out there. It's not all doom and gloom; some of the greatest, sexiest girls I ve ever been with were from southern California, Miami, Atlanta, etc.....and I m no proponent of American women (EE women are much more my type).

Sometimes, I think this board gets too down on American life. We all share a general view that other places in the world may in fact offer more, but for those of us who are in the U.S., we should meet the challenges head on.

You don't have to accept your reality. You can overcome it. You don't necessarily have to go elsewhere to live a glamourous life with women who are truly worthy of your time. Have a positive attitude. Don't be such a gloomybear.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-20-2010 05:54 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

American women may not be your dream, but there are some legitimate world class hotties out there. It's not all doom and gloom; some of the greatest, sexiest girls I ve ever been with were from southern California, Miami, Atlanta, etc.....and I m no proponent of American women (EE women are much more my type).

Sometimes, I think this board gets too down on American life. We all share a general view that other places in the world may in fact offer more, but for those of us who are in the U.S., we should meet the challenges head on.

You don't have to accept your reality. You can overcome it. You don't necessarily have to go elsewhere to live a glamourous life with women who are truly worthy of your time. Have a positive attitude. Don't be such a gloomybear.

You make a valid point. The other nice thing is that there are enough foreign women who arrive into the US that we have a decent selection to choose from (not as good as London, for example, but still not bad if you live in a metropolitan center like NYC or Los Angeles.

As for the glamorous life, it really depends on what your tastes are. I like being able to walk around old historical neighborhoods that take you back in time to the Middle Ages, with little Italian bistros that serve wine from Montepulciano; cozy cafes where beautiful blondes surround me, chattering away in Swedish, Russian, Finnish, and Estonian, while eyeing me coyly; and where I can stumble from one bar to another, without hearing or seeing a single automobile go by. To me, that's a glamorous life, and something that I've enjoyed for many years now.

To others, hitting Vegas, staying in the Penthouse suite, and livin' large like a baller poppin' Dom and surrounded by hot American girls (of course, they do exist) is pure glamor.

I just feel like based on the things I'm looking for, the US offers a bit too much monotony and clashes with my aesthetic tastes.

Re-adjustment to US Life

This has nothing to do with the USA, it is rather "good to be where I own an a property".

Quote:Quote:

This is mostly lifestyle choices which have nothing to do with the country. When I'm in Europe I definitely sleep more than in USA.

The price is also good - in Europe you often pay something like $100 for a month for a gym or even more, while in USA it is something like $30.
You, however, need gym much less in Europe as you tend to walk more and eat less (and the food is generally healthier)

Again has nothing to do with the USA, it is rather "good to be back at home".

Same as 2, lifestyle choices. Nothing USA-specific here.

Agree, this is my impression too. Now when I go to a bar and like to have a conversation with a woman, I usually choose older women who are sober. They are more calm, and can actually discuss things seriously without reacting like an hyperactive puppy.

Fuck uglier women. Really, when you come to USA, your score system changes. What guys in USA consider "9" is probably your 5, and what they consider "5" is probably your 4. Not a significant difference in terms of looks, huge difference in terms of efforts. Here if I fuck a US chick, I'd rather fuck a 5, as instead of wasting time and money on 9. That 5 will actually buy me a drink with a hope I'd fuck her, with zero bitch shields, and zero resistance.

Another, better option is to focus on foreign women. Just ignore foreign women who was born or grew up in USA, same shit as American chicks. Focus on those who speak poor/weak English.

Re-adjustment to US Life

I've currently opted for foreign (European) women living in the US. The difference is, the same types of women I'd barely give a 2nd glance to in Europe, are literally bombarded by male attention here. The one I'm currently working on had no fewer than 7 guys make a move on her within a 1.5 hour period. The level of desperation among American males for symmetrical female beauty is palpable, at least here in the West Coast.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Luckystar: are you young?

You see negative energy, I see reality.

For pro-american views, there are a lot of better places than here.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Going back to the States is always bittersweet for me... for many of the same reasons you state above. I've been away for a while right now so I'm kind of itching to go back, mainly just to see all my old friends and family. Usually once I've been back for 2-3 months, I'm booking more flights to leave again.

US women are definitely nothing to get excited about, but as with every country, there are good ones if you look hard enough. A lot of times, coming home to US women is refreshing because they're so fucking easy in comparison to most other places. After you've battled through cultural differences and language barriers for three months, finding some drunk American girl and making fun of her shoes until she fucks you is actually fun again (the first couple times).

In America's defense... in my opinion, there are three things that the US does better than anybody else in the world:

1. Service - restaurants are fast and efficient, the waitstaff and barstaff are always quick and helpful. People in stores will always help you find exactly what you need. This is NOT true for 80% of the planet. In fact, the vast majority of the planet has shitty and slow service in just about all commercial establishments.

2. Food - of course Mexican food is better in Mexico, and Thai food is better in Thailand. But all in all, the combination of quality, variety and cost, a large US city gives you the best options with the least hassle. If you want great Chinese one night and then a good steak the next night and then a decent burrito for lunch, that's possible in just about any US city. Not possible at all anywhere else in the world.

3. Convenience - everything's open 24/7. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to buy batteries at 11PM, or alcohol on a Sunday, or shoes after 6PM and not been able to in foreign countries. Or hell, just being able to EAT at midnight or later. I'm a night owl and often get hungry and EVERYTHING is closed in other parts of the world. Say what you want about Wal-Mart and strip malls, but you don't realize how convenient that shit is until you leave it.

Re-adjustment to US Life

[quote='Roosh' pid='32639' dateline='1290328975']

[quote='Luckystar' pid='32618' dateline='1290293661']
In Lucky's defense, Roosh's point that 's he's young if true may be critical.

30 is long gone for me, but my impression is--isn't it de riguer for young chicks to be getting laid regularly to maintain their self-image? As long as it's by same age guys. So if you're young and agressive, it's not really that hard if you go direct, is it?

A good question-- is there anyone here good-looking, under 30, who simply goes direct a lot ( >5 approaches per week) and still gets blown out too much to have a good sex life?

I don't know, they can tell I'm over 40 so it's a whole other set of problems.

The top 1%? 2%? percent of non-fatties in USA are really pretty and there's another 5% that aren't bad. There is a culture of athleticism here from about upper-middle class and up that is, as far as I know, totally absent in, say, Asia.

Related to that, there's a really hot Asian Indian secretary at work. One day she wore a dress and I saw she's simply really skinny, not vital and athletic at all.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-21-2010 05:02 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Going back to the States is always bittersweet for me... for many of the same reasons you state above. I've been away for a while right now so I'm kind of itching to go back, mainly just to see all my old friends and family. Usually once I've been back for 2-3 months, I'm booking more flights to leave again.

US women are definitely nothing to get excited about, but as with every country, there are good ones if you look hard enough. A lot of times, coming home to US women is refreshing because they're so fucking easy in comparison to most other places. After you've battled through cultural differences and language barriers for three months, finding some drunk American girl and making fun of her shoes until she fucks you is actually fun again (the first couple times).

In America's defense... in my opinion, there are three things that the US does better than anybody else in the world:

1. Service - restaurants are fast and efficient, the waitstaff and barstaff are always quick and helpful. People in stores will always help you find exactly what you need. This is NOT true for 80% of the planet. In fact, the vast majority of the planet has shitty and slow service in just about all commercial establishments.

2. Food - of course Mexican food is better in Mexico, and Thai food is better in Thailand. But all in all, the combination of quality, variety and cost, a large US city gives you the best options with the least hassle. If you want great Chinese one night and then a good steak the next night and then a decent burrito for lunch, that's possible in just about any US city. Not possible at all anywhere else in the world.

3. Convenience - everything's open 24/7. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to buy batteries at 11PM, or alcohol on a Sunday, or shoes after 6PM and not been able to in foreign countries. Or hell, just being able to EAT at midnight or later. I'm a night owl and often get hungry and EVERYTHING is closed in other parts of the world. Say what you want about Wal-Mart and strip malls, but you don't realize how convenient that shit is until you leave it.

I think everything you wrote it is epitomized by my bi-monthly trips to CostCo and local grocery chain. I load up on all kinds of discount-priced foods, anything that my stomach can desire, and my food shopping is done. Everything is affordable and delicious. On the other hand, my visits to CostCo always involves being witness to the sloppiest, misshapen dregs of humanity waddling around like obese zombies from the Walking Dead. It almost makes me want to cry.

As an aside, with all the driving that I do here, even with my daily MMA training, I've gained 10 pounds since I've been back inside the U.S.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-21-2010 05:02 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Good points.
I have never lived in the US, nor i want-plan to. But one thing i enjoy is the quality of service.
In Europe there are countries with incredibly bad service -read Netherlands- and some with good, like Switzerland, but nothing compares to US styled consumism and service....convenience is great for a good while [Image: smile.gif]

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-21-2010 03:42 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I think perception is reality.

Like most of us on the forum, my experiences in EE, Russia, etc have led me to the same conclusion - American women are overrated.

Meanwhile, my cousins from Mexico, UK find American girls much more appealing than the stocky, chubbrockers they see on a day to day basis. My brother was in the peace corp in Peru for a year

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-20-2010 11:50 PM)subutai Wrote:  

I've currently opted for foreign (European) women living in the US. The difference is, the same types of women I'd barely give a 2nd glance to in Europe, are literally bombarded by male attention here. The one I'm currently working on had no fewer than 7 guys make a move on her within a 1.5 hour period. The level of desperation among American males for symmetrical female beauty is palpable, at least here in the West Coast.

Learn her language and culture. Vast majority of Russian chicks here in Bay Are date Russians, every Romanian chick I know dates a Romanian guy. Most of those I talked to said that while American guys approach them in hoards, they are shallow and boring, talking too much about nothing (funny that I have the same perception about American women). Another thing is that they often do social gatherings, and bringing an American boyfriend to one of such gatherings, where everyone speaks Russian, would be kinda annoying to the people. If you speak Russian and know her culture, not only you'd be acceptable on such events, you'll also stand out as someone who spent time and effort. They'll appreciate it.

Re-adjustment to US Life

I'm actually not into Russian girls in general. I've done a few of them but something doesn't jive between my personality and the "Russian soul."

The one I'm working on at the moment is Western European.

But given the sheer barrage of cocks du jour offered to her on a platter, I give it a less than 50% chance of panning out.

I wouldn't normally care, but I'm noticing that after just a few months in the US, my standards are dropping precipitously as my options dwindle.

Re-adjustment to US Life

its really a bad combination in the US for men - the pool of quality women is lower and the amount of men who have arent degenerates is much higher.

Re-adjustment to US Life

It's hard for me to tell if it also has to do with me being so busy working and trying to save money that the US sucks. But there are definite advantages and definitely places where the above doesn't aply. Aspen CO for example (And there are plenty of places where this is true) has beautiful landscape all over, no McDonalds (Well actually McDonalds, but that is the only fast food chain within 35 miles and no one eats there), no huge chain stores period. People are super fit, you hardly see any fatties. There are also tons of foreign women. I could have spent my life being a snowboard bumb there and traveling 3 months out of the year (Since most jobs you get 3 months off a year because the place is so seasonal) and been totally happy. The only thing is, I would only be making $25 an hour at most maybe. It's not a place to start a career really unless you work over the internet, and there are a couple of trades where you can make some real money. In all honesty, some servers and bartenders there probably make more money than some lawyers. Even bellmen and vallet drivers rack in the dough if you are working somewhere nice. But I just needed to get out of there and start my "life." Go back to school and be in the city where I can try and get my shit together so maybe in 10 years I'll have enough to go ball out while traveling all over the world. Not saying it's gonna be easy, or that it's even gonna happen, but I'm gonna give it a try. I feel like it's what I have to do right now.

I found it depressing coming back to the US as well, working the rat race. But at the same time you gotta understand, you live in the easiest place to make money in the world, which is gonna pay for your travels. Yeah, money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure buys you a lot of shit that can make you happy, including your plane tickets. 3/4 of the world (I don't know the actualy stat, but I'm pretty certain it's probably more, pretty sure the median yearly income of the world is around $12k a year) don't have close to enough money to travel to any country. If you were born in Haiti, you would probably never leave that island, and probably not more than 100 miles from the town you grew up in. So while we sit here and bitch about how much the US sucks, really, it's not THAT bad. At the same time there isn't a day that goes by I'm not wishing I was in South America with beautiful women surrounding me and super open people. Traveling is beautiful, but you gotta have a means to do it.

I also want to agree with how ridiculous American men are when it comes to trying to get beasts, but this is no different in other places at all. My Brazilian, Argentine, wherever the fuck they're from, a lot of them will bang anything with a vagina. It just varies person to person. It's not just American men. I guess I just can't believe in general how many men are down to fuck beasts period.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Correction, average world income is $10,400 a year. That's lower than the lowest possible amount you can (Legally) make in the US a year if you work 40 hours a week.

Re-adjustment to US Life

IMO, most of the women in the U.S. are not good LTR material but there are some seriously sizzlin hotties out there. Yes, for most people perception is reality. Most guys' social circles (if they have one) won't have skinny, hot fashion models/actresses. However, someone thinking that all or most of the females in the US are fat & ugly is borderline delusional. It doesn't matter if that guy lives in some backwater swamp town in Louisiana or on an oil rig in Northern Alaska - he will be exposed to hot girls/women of this country on TV or magazines. I've travelled around the world and I think that the US not only has some of the most beautiful girls/women in the world, because of its large population, it has the highest number of beautiful girls/women. There are beautiful girls/women all over the country. You see them in college, walking around downtown, going to clubs. Not only that, most big cities are one stop shops for feminine beauty. Go to Russia and try to find a hot latina, asian or black woman.

Not to say that they are all over the place in the U.S. Obviously, the concentration is higher in parts of LA, NYC, & SoBe. However, just being anywhere in these cities isn't enough. It's gotta be a particular place & time. Go to a casting for a cosmetics TV ad in LA, NYC or Miami. Go to the hottest current clubs in these same cities. If you can't go to these cities, go to the first 2 weeks of school at most big colleges. Or go to Lake Havasu or Cancun on Spring Break.

I don't see this lifestyle as either pro or anti-American (I don't like saying this term - America is a continent, not a country). Rather, I see the world as my oyster and I travel to enjoy its natural beauty, the various flavors of beautiful women in different lands, the different liquors & cocktails I can drink, and all the wonderful and tasty food I can eat.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Exe, where are you from? I wanna guess Argentina because of the "America isn't a country it's a continent" comment. I hate that one, and I only really hear argis say it (Not trying to dis on you at all). When you go to Argentina, what would they describe your nationality as? Americano, American. So how is this not America and our culture isn't American? But reguardless, I just wanna know where you are from simply because I want to know if this is your view being a foreigner in the US or actually being form the US. I agree with you on a lot of points. There are a lot of beautiful women in the US, just not too many that are good for LTR. Just because a girl is beautiful doesn't mean I'm gonna date her.

Re-adjustment to US Life

America has some fine ladies and their pretty approachable, especially during the day. I remember trying to day-game in Germany a year ago and the girls (while very hot) were so stiff.

The biggest plus is the great diversity and ability to find any type of girl u want.

However, I agree - not good LTR material for the most part.

My issues with America are more political/social - such as the decay of the middle class and the widening income disparity.

Re-adjustment to US Life

I wanna guess Argentina because of the "America isn't a country it's a continent" comment

But it's true.
America is an entire continent, people call the US 'America' because there is no name for the country.... like canada=canadian, etc.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-22-2010 01:33 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Exe, where are you from? I wanna guess Argentina because of the "America isn't a country it's a continent" comment. I hate that one, and I only really hear argis say it (Not trying to dis on you at all). When you go to Argentina, what would they describe your nationality as? Americano, American. So how is this not America and our culture isn't American? But reguardless, I just wanna know where you are from simply because I want to know if this is your view being a foreigner in the US or actually being form the US. I agree with you on a lot of points. There are a lot of beautiful women in the US, just not too many that are good for LTR. Just because a girl is beautiful doesn't mean I'm gonna date her.

It's the United States of America, the U.S. of A, the U.S.A, or just the US. In Hawaii, it's 'the mainland', for expats outside the US it's 'the States' as in 'back in the States...'

Check out the title of the post. It says 'US life' not 'American' life. For most people, especially ones born & living in the U.S. this is a hard one to accept & change. It's such a commonly used word it'll be hard for anyone to do anything about it anytime soon. I don't have a substitute or better word for it. In Argentina, they called me 'yankee' or 'norte americano'.

Re-adjustment to US Life

Quote: (11-22-2010 02:16 AM)exe Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2010 01:33 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

It's the United States of America, the U.S. of A, the U.S.A, or just the US. In Hawaii, it's 'the mainland', for expats outside the US it's 'the States' as in 'back in the States...'

Check out the title of the post. It says 'US life' not 'American' life. For most people, especially ones born & living in the U.S. this is a hard one to accept & change. It's such a commonly used word it'll be hard for anyone to do anything about it anytime soon. I don't have a substitute or better word for it. In Argentina, they called me 'yankee' or 'norte americano'.

Wow, that's Argentine inferiority complex at its finest. They want to be included as Europeans AND Americans (I'm joking, not trying to dis Argentines as a whole)? No one would ever be offended in Brazil if someone said you were from America. America isn't a continent. There's North America and South America, and you can refer to them as "The Americas" but there is no continent called America. And it's hard for me to believe people called you "yankee" or "norte americano" over "Americano." Can anyone else who's been to Arg. vouge for this? I do know some morons in Argentina who think it's not right to say you are american, but most don't give a shit that I know. Anyone who does can suck a big one, because I'm an American man whether you or anyone else likes it or not. What, should I tell people, "I'm a United States citizens?" Fuck no! I'm American! "For those that don't like it, eat a dick." Don't change who you are for anyone. I'm American, and proud to be who I am and where I've come from.