rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The new C-note goes high tech

I think it went into circulation October 10th, 2013.
Any sightings in the wild fellas?

C-note goes high tech

It's all about the Benjamins, or C-notes if you prefer. C is the Roman numeral for 100, hence the stately sobriquet. Whatever you call it, a freshly designed $100 bill goes into circulation today. The new bill sports the most advanced security features of any U.S. denomination, including a 3-D security strip that bisects the bill.

The blue strip shows tiny images of bells and the number 100 that shift as the bill is moved. "It's thousands of micro-lenses that make the images look like they are moving," says Sonja Danburg, program manager for the currency education program at the Federal Reserve Board.

Another updated security feature is a color-changing bell in an inkwell.

[Image: banking-blog-100-front-redesigned-note.jpg]

Additional features include:
•A portrait watermark of old Ben Franklin himself.
•The number 100, which shifts from copper to green.
•Micro-printed words hidden around Franklin's face in the portrait.
•Raised printing.
•Plus, an extra-large 100 on the back of the bill that makes it easier for the visually-impaired to see what denomination they're grabbing.

Toss out the old bills?

It might go without saying, but all currency in circulation right now will continue to be worth the face value, regardless of how many new designs are issued.

"The Federal Reserve doesn't recall older designs. All designs from 1914 remain legal tender," says Danburg.

As you can imagine, not too many bills will last a century. But hundred-dollar bills tend to be the longest-lived as people use them less.

The average lifespan of a $100 bill is 15 years, according to the Fed. That's about three times longer than the average $5 bill, which gets passed around a lot more.

Confounding counterfeiters

It's not for aesthetic appreciation that bills are updated. According to Fed, all redesigns are driven with security in mind.

At one point in the country's history, as much as one-third of all currency may have been counterfeit. The problem was so bad that the Secret Service was created in 1865 to fight fake money.

Thanks to improved security measures, counterfeit bills are much less of a problem today.

As of September this year, there were $1.16 trillion in Federal Reserve notes in circulation, according to the Federal Reserve. "Less than one one-hundredth of the currency is reported as counterfeit," says Danburg.

It wasn't until the 1990s that the security measures we know today were implemented. Series 1990 added microprinting and a security strip. In 1996, the modern design entered circulation. At that point $100 bills with large portraits, watermarks and color-shifting inks debuted, according to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

Here's a close up.
[Image: The-New-100-Bill-2013.jpg]

Team Nachos

"Creepier portrait"
Disgrace to one of America's founding fathers to associate him with the hamster word "creepy"

That giant ass 100 makes the bill look a lot uglier.

Quote: (11-18-2013 03:23 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

That giant ass 100 makes the bill look a lot uglier.

It'll look pimp though when you have it folded in a roll with the big 100 sticking out.

Team Nachos

...Meanwhile at the Federal Reserve, they continue to purposely inflate the living fuck out of the dollar.

Quote: (11-18-2013 03:23 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

"Creepier portrait"
Disgrace to one of America's founding fathers to associate him with the hamster word "creepy"

Yeah, what the hell is even remotely "creepy" about it?

It's interesting that American currency is ever so slightly getting more colorful. I wonder if we'll ever have full-blown technicolor currency like Dutch Guilders?

[Image: dutch-back-notes.jpg]

Looks dope.

Gonna check with a bank today to see if they have these bad boys.

^That Dutch cash is very aesthetic. I also like Swiss Franc banknotes.

This won't prevent counterfeiting. It's just as easy to make 50's and 20's.

Notice the Liberty Bell inside the inkwell. I think this is meant to represent freedom being drowned in ink.

I walked into my friends house last week, he had a bunch of cash just laying out and one was a new $100. I thought it was some foreign currency but turned out to be the new $100. I think it looks cool.

Whom is still trying print notes? If you want to counterfeit money you open a bank. All the smart criminals know this.

I got some a month ago. They should be everywhere by now, right?

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

You're right. Linux is harder to use.

It's the most secure out of all three though.

And default installations have an Internet Browser and Word Processor.

So you can use it for browsing the web.

But regular programs are a little harder to use. Use Windows for more features.

Just install VMWare Workstation for Linux and run Windows and Mac as virtual machines.
You can get the VMWare operating system images on BitTorrent.

Team Nachos

I've had some. They're pretty cool and look really nice. Makes me not want to spend em. I want to see how people could possibly counterfeit one of them. Not with that ribbon on the bill.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Quote: (11-18-2013 04:54 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Just install VMWare Workstation for Linux and run Windows and Mac as virtual machines.
You can get the VMWare operating system images on BitTorrent.

Haha just realized I posted in the wrong thread. Thanks for going along with it though.

I was referencing this thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-30178.html

I only care about what color it'll make the fire when I burn stacks of cash for the fun of it.