rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Down Low on Oslo, Norway

Just spent the weekend scouting Oslo Norway. Here's what I think;

The City

Very lively. I was expecting a much more sober state of affairs after my time in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Lots of people walking about. Good energy. This was a pleasant surprise. Especially in November.

Most folks I interacted with were warm, friendly & happy. Much nicer and smiling when compared to Reykjavik (no expression) or Helsinki (subtle annoyance) demeanor.

Not a young city. Mostly middle aged and older folks, with many families around.

More diversity than Reykjavik or Helsinki. Almost as many SEA's, middle eastern and Somalian looking locals live here as native Norwegians. There are plenty of white blonde people, but I saw more dark haired folks, and brown people overall.

The most cigarette smokers I've ever seen in a tier 1 city. Oslo people love to smoke. Not allowed indoors.

I could write a whole section on the high cost of living in Oslo, but will just give a few personal examples. This is the #1 topic of conversation in Oslo, and it gets old harping on it; $60 per night bed in a 4 bunk hostel room. $1.67 to use a public toilet at the mall. $6 apple muffin. $4 for a bottled water (carry around 1 bottle and refill it, rather than keep splurging for a fresh one). $18 club entry. $19 single serving Jim Beam on rocks. $13 late night gyro/pita.

The Girls

Looks wise, nothing to write home about unfortunately. On par with western anglo quality. The average Norwegian girl is a 5. The average EE girl is a 6 or 7.

A rare dime piece, when found, is a vision of glory. The hottest Norwegian is hotter than the hottest Ukrainian. The Scandinavian face has higher *potential* pretty. The average EE or Ukrainian is definitely sexier, better curves, etc.

Speaking of curves, Oslo girls definitely got ass. It's more big & round though, rather than the finely sculpted waist, hips & legs that Ukrainian girls are blessed with. Norwegian ass takes the brute force approach to inducing boners.

The best surprise for me in Oslo, was the girls had some of the nicest and sweetest personalities I've experienced on my whole Euro tour. I would say a tad sweeter and nicer than even Wroclaw Poland, and much more so than the other 2 Scandi countries I've been to.

Online Game

Not much in Oslo.

The most action I found was on the Tinder app for Android. There are lots & lots of girls using it here. Problem is, meeting them in person from such an app is not a skill I possess. I relatively slay old school desktop sites like Cupid & Match. But these phone dating apps are still a mystery to me for getting dates, much less a phone number. I find the girls are happy to txt back and forth forever, but as soon as I proposed a voice chat or coffee date, they gave excuses or went radio silence.

On one memorable Tinder exchange I said, "maybe you & I should try a voice chat?" She said, "Voice chat? Oh, Norwegians don't do that." I asked her "then how did so many people got born here?" She said, "We get drunk. Then stuff happens."

Night life

I wandered into many different downtown venues. On Friday night, none had enough targets except Lavvo. Saturday had many more people out & about, but I still ended up back at Laavo, as they had the most numbers of quality available.

Lavvo is a classy high end scene. 70/30 sausage ratio, but Oslo guys dont approach, so ratio was a non-issue here.

Interestingly, 2 separate worlds inside this club exist. It had some of the hottest blondes I've ever seen, seated either at high value mixed tables, or in the VIP surrounded by tons of square jaw, suited UP, blonde hair flash Gordon looking bros. The 7's were much more accessible, found standing around the regular part of the club. I've seen this on display in LA, but it's more extreme here.

I connected with a petite brunette on Sat night for a few hours. I isolated on the couch, and we had a nice makeout. Her legs however, were closed tight like a vice grip when I ran my hands along them. Ultimately my heart just wasn't that into her, and I let her go after she asked to go back to the dance floor for the 3rd time. I've been screening for "potential mother of children" lately rather than club sluts, which is reducing my lays, and powering my ever decreasing interest in night clubs.

That said, I definitely had a fun time at club Lavvo. If I lived in Oslo, I'm sure it would be my regular spot before retirement from clubs.

Daygame

Like Helsinki and Reykjavik, very few HBs to be seen during the day. Those that are cute/young/blonde usually roll in pairs and tris. Lone wolf targets were rare.

The best place I found for daygame was the main city street, Karl Johans Gate. The big shopping mall is called Solo City, and is "ok". It's adjacent to the train station, but it doesn't have nearly as many targets as Karl Johans.

It gets dark at 3:30pm. Street game gets better at this time too. More cute girls go out as it gets darker. Less old folks. Come 7pm, the streets are much more dead. 3:30-7pm are the best hours for day game. Friday & Saturday had lots of targets. Sunday was dead, as all the stores close. Apparently Norwegian business is swimming in money?

Approaching is Oslo is very easy, because the girls are so friendly. I spit proper game at about 2 dozen different girls over about 8 hours combined total. A few coffee insta-dates, but I didn't get anyone back for privacy. Reason why, 9/10 had a serious boyfriend. I found this statistic higher than other cities I've run day game in, which usually runs closer to 50%.

Still, I would not dissuade players from running day game here. With a few more hours/days in field, I'm sure great success can be found. The girls are just too friendly to not give it a go.

Bottom Line

I'd be lying if I didn't say it felt discouraging to put in so much work, and get no sex. I recognize that luck is a big part of this numbers game based sport. With that in mind, I still liked Oslo.

Oslo women are not tops, but they are good. I would not say they are particularly difficult. In fact, they're ultra friendly. If I spit game all week instead of 3 days, I'm sure a penis would be inside a vagina.

If not for the insane cost, I would recommend it. But bankroll is a real factor, so I'm on the fence until further thoughts.

Stockholm tomorrow! With that, this Euro tour will come to a close.

Thank for the report Courage. I had this norweigian girl that keeps me saying to visit het next time i am around europe, and you just confirmed what little i know about those women.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote:Quote:

It gets dark at 3:30pm. Street game gets better at this time too. More cute girls go out as it gets darker. Less old folks. Come 7pm, the streets are much more dead. 3:30-7pm are the best hours for day game. Friday & Saturday had lots of targets. Sunday was dead, as all the stores close. Apparently Norwegian business is swimming in money?

I love that time of day in Scandinavia. The sky still has some colour, but all the street lights are on, the windows are lit with candles, and there is a crispness to the air. Scandi girls love their "Cozy".

Be that cozy.

Man you've been churning out data sheets left and right, well done. Favorite city so far?

You say the average girl in Norway is a 5, that is a bit harsh. This time of year might not be the greatest time to visit.

What is the average American girl then?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (11-17-2013 09:47 PM)Vuk Wrote:  

Man you've been churning out data sheets left and right, well done. Favorite city so far?

Going to leave a little suspense until I finish up my last city this week. I have 15 cities in a spreadsheet, with ratings for all sorts of factors such as daygame, clubs, cost, weather, level of english, eye contact, etc. Final Euro write up will be sometime next week.

Quote: (11-18-2013 12:38 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

You say the average girl in Norway is a 5, that is a bit harsh. This time of year might not be the greatest time to visit.

What is the average American girl then?

4 or 5