rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

20Nation and THC go to Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
0Nation and THC go to Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
As some of you know THC and I have been in the DR for the last month. In an hour we are going to Haiti. THC speaks fluent French so our advantages will change, but it should hopefully help keep us out of trouble.

I've heard very mixed reviews about Haiti on the forum and from locals. I haven't been able to find much information on Haiti so if RV'rs have been there let us know if there are any need-to-see places or need-to-know rules about Haiti.
Now this should be an adventure! Good luck gentlemen.
Wow, have fun. Haiti is a shit hole. I can't wait to read these posts. I was working in Haiti for a few months.
Hotels are overpriced, hard to find restaurants, women are ugly, traffic is terrible. I did like the beer and rum, music, the food, some nice beaches.
Quote: (11-12-2013 08:04 AM)patron Wrote:  

women are ugly

7 months down there and I never got my Haitian flag, if that says anything.
Good luck guys, from what I've read on-line, you'll want to stay in the Pietonville area, have fun and take lots of pics. Should be interesting how well each of you do since now the language advantage has been switched and THC has the upper hand.
You guys got bored of banging a different girl every day so you decided to go to the armpit of Hispanolia? [Image: smile.gif] Well, it will be an adventure for sure.
I feel like you guys will find some jewels there.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
Good luck guys this will be very interesting. Just be careful down there boys!
The Haitian girls in the Dominican Republic are hotter than the Haitian girls in Haiti. I think all the hot girls move to the DR. I think their diet sucks and they have babies at such a young age. It ruins their bodies. The Pentionville is the best area, that is where all the rich people live.
20Nation, THC, best of lucks in there. We will be awaiting your reports!

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina
Interested to hear if you guys are fearless raw doggers. RAW DOG 4 LIFE!!
You need to bring Fisto down for security
[Image: 50_photo-0.jpg]Have fun!

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump
We just arrived after a full day bus ride. We got the obligatory taxi scam out of the way... We agreed on a price but somewhere half way he says "actually it's kind of far, I can't do it for that price".

So when we arrived we got into an argument where he was asking double of the price, while he knew where he was driving us all along. Things got a bit heated and the hotel security and owner came to mediate. It's not even about the money but out of principle. He finally caved in an we found a compromise. Still, I feel we paid too much.

I expect to be paying a lot of "white tax" here.
[Image: popcorn3.gif]
Checked out at that hotel this morning, it was in the middle of nowhere. They recommended us to take a taxi back to Pietonville, but we decided to give the local public transportation a go.

As I walk out the hotel I hear "Bonjour, on se connait, n'est pas?!" (we know eachother, right?) I look back and a black girl is walking towards us. I didn't reckognize her at all.

"Non, pas du tout" (not at all)
"Si, vous habitez à Saint-Domingue!" (you live in Santo Domingo) "I saw you in Calle de Conde!"

Hmm, I really didn't remember her but I went along with it. She wasn't cute, but she was very friendly. She explained us how to get to Pietonville with the public transportation and the right price we should be paying.

We took at taxi to the bust station and then we took the Haitian version of a Jeepney to Pietonville. We sat packed in the back of a truck. There seemed to be always room for "one more", so it got really cosy after a while. Pressed against two fat black women, in 40°C (104F) heat and for nearly half an hour, but you can't argue with the price.

Total price: 40 gourdes ($0.90) each - wow, we got overcharged a LOT yesterday by that taxi driver.

We walked around Pietonville for a while and we just found a hotel.

Going to find some Haitian food now and explore the area a bit.
Santo Domingo to Port au Prince. Trip time about 8 hours. Cost is $60. This price includes the $20 dominican exit and the $5 haiti entrance fee. There are 3 bus lines that offer the direct trip.

Santiago to Cap Haitian. Trip time 6 hours. Cost is around $40. Caribe tours offer a direct trip.

I usually drive when I go to Haiti.

There are 4 currencies in Haiti:
Dominican Pesos
American dollars
Haitian Gourdes
Haitian Dollars (This curreny does not exist) but you will see prices quoted in HD. You need to multiply by 5
THC....How much are you paying for the Hotel Rooms? How long are you planning on staying in Port au prince? DO you plan on traveling to any other cities in Haiti?
Really interested to follow along. Good luck guys.
What would be incredible if you guys videoed your adventures in Haiti or the DR with shooting scenes of everyday life, interacting with locals, chat with girls etc...no need to show your faces on it. Post the vids either on the swoop the world site or create a YouTube channel. This would truly be epic!
Quote: (11-13-2013 03:41 PM)patron Wrote:  

THC....How much are you paying for the Hotel Rooms? How long are you planning on staying in Port au prince? DO you plan on traveling to any other cities in Haiti?

Hotels seem to be expensive here, we walked around a found a few at 100 dollars a day, which is above budget right now.

Right now I've found a place where I negotiated the price down to $55 dollars a night, I'll be staying in this hotel (in Pétionville) here for at least a week.

Not sure yet if I'll check out other cities in Haiti. I'll probably just stick to P-au-P.

Quote: (11-13-2013 08:16 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

What would be incredible if you guys videoed your adventures in Haiti or the DR with shooting scenes of everyday life, interacting with locals, chat with girls etc...no need to show your faces on it. Post the vids either on the swoop the world site or create a YouTube channel. This would truly be epic!

Ha VP, I already started making some videos along the way from DR to Haiti, that I planned to make it into a montage, but more with the focus on travel.

I'd like to get some action with the girls in there and post in on the SwoopTheWorld youtube channel. But being white in Haiti makes you stand out quite a bit, 20N or me couldn't be casually filming from a distance.

I'll see if I can find a way around it.

Here's some pics from today:

Walking around, exploring the area
[Image: 2v7zd4k.jpg]

The colorful favela houses nearby
[Image: 2i0pyea.jpg]

Having a beer with 20N
[Image: 2a6p5xe.jpg]

This local beer "Prestige" is actually pretty good!
Some pictures of Haiti[Image: attachment.jpg15393]   [Image: attachment.jpg15392]   [Image: attachment.jpg15391]   
Most hotel rooms are $100 night, which I think is crazy. I love that prestige beer.
Had my haitian flag in Montreal [Image: smile.gif] Not the prettiest face but solid body with big tits and ok ass. Plus I needed to try black. Nevertheless the woman was older than me and screaming all night, it felt good.

Good luck with the travel!
$100 a night, good god! I assume they probably don't have airbnb in Haiti do they?

I mean $100 a night is astronomical, but for the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere you'd think you could find something cheaper. Hell, I'm in Vegas right now and I've driven past multiple places for $30 a night.
Yeah i got my haitin flag back in the states. She used to tell me how sometimes she just wanted to quit her job and go back to Haiti. Where she could just chill on the beach in front of her families mansion as the servants did everything for her. It made me curious to come see this place, it's pretty crazy... pretty third world.

100$ a night is what we were seeing at first but we found a deal for 55$ a night. Way more than we should be paying, but there just arent many tourists in haiti.