rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost a recipe - beef tips in brandy

I used to prepare a bomb dish years ago, it was beef tenderloin tips served in an au gratin dish along with toasted baguette. I remember that it was sauteed and made with demi glace, scallions, mushrooms, and brandy with other herbs and spices, and then that shit was set on fire to burn the alcohol off.

Anyone have a recipe for such a beast?

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

sounds like you'd probably want some creme fraiche in there. If you can't find creme fraiche you can use sour cream. It's basically the same thing.

You'd also want to flambe it while still in the pan, not at the end.

Heat up some oil in a pan til smoking, just enough to glaze the bottom of the pan. Season your steak tips, throw them in the pan and flip them until very well seared and browned on all sides.

There should be some fond, or residue on the bottom of the pan. Add a little butter and 1 thinly sliced shallot and a handful of sliced mushrooms. Cook until the shallot is translucent and the mushrooms have softened. Deglaze the pan with a couple ounces of brandy and a couple ounces of red or white wine, reduce until nearly dry. Add about 1/2 C of demiglace, 1/4 C of creme fraiche, a dash of worcestershire, and return the seared beef to the pan. Cook until the sauce reduces, thickens, and clings to the meat. At the very end, stir in some fines herbs and season with salt and coarsely cracked black pepper. Fines herbs are equal parts finely minced parsley, chives, chervil, and tarragon. You may need to balance the sauce with a little acid; for this particular type of rich dish I would use a dash of sherry vinegar but lemon juice would work too.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Thanks man, much appreciated! Sounds like it. I figured you'd have something good.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.