rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rolling solo?? Think again

I know some people are advocates of rolling solo, and yes I can see benefits to that, but this study finds that being in groups increases attractiveness.

It is a short article, so I won't spoil/fuck it up for you.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/208709/s...h-friends/

Just be the center of attention where ever you go and you're golden.

Quote: (10-30-2013 04:08 PM)bounce Wrote:  

I know some people are advocates of rolling solo, and yes I can see benefits to that, but this study finds that being in groups increases attractiveness.

Instead of making it your goal to be better looking by hiding within a group, why not make it your goal to look better than everyone else?

Social proof is easier when you are with friends, but that doesn't mean you can't have that while rolling solo.

Rolling solo separates the players from the played, the men from the boys and the one bang wonders from the Casanovas.

Rolling Solo = Developing one's game to extraordinary heights.

If you don't know how to run solo here's the instructions:

Go to a bar. Watch.

Watch.

Watch.

Check out what the guys who are successful with women are doing. Befriend them. Learn from them. Pay attention to everything that's happening around you, and what the more experienced guys are doing.

Hone your perceptive abilities so that you can tell at a glance what is happening with everyone in the bar, and what the relationships are. Read up on all the solo material we have on the forum.

Befriend everyone who works at the bar. Then you aren't running solo.

If you are talking about being parachute dropped by yourself into the LV420 of game, then you'd better have experience under your belt or you will get torn apart.

Get experience by doing the steps I mentioned above.

By the time you're 30 you should be living alone and rolling dolo. Nobody says you can't meet up with friends at local bars or clubs. The point is you go alone and you're completely free to do what you like. You're not responsible for or relying on anybody for your successes or failures. Dolo is the way to go.

Team Nachos

At some point, your friends are going to age out of the night scene.

Get comfortable going out solo. It's not a big deal.

It's more time efficient anyway.

I remember I used to worry about girls asking about who I'm with.

It barely ever happens now. Probably because I show I'm confident where I am and they've already seen me talking to other people.

Only guys with no social awareness, who look uncomfortable, and approach like a robot will be given a hard time for being alone.

I only do day game solo and have never gone to the bar by myself and I am 26.

I'm pretty sure the first time I hit the bar solo I'm going to get hit with a brick wall but it shall be fun. It also doesn't help that I'm not much of a drinker so I am not even fluent with all the different types of alcohol and what not. I'm seriously considering taking a bar tending class just at the very least to become more familiar with all the different types of alcohol. As you can probably tell I didn't go to a 4 year university either. I think that is most peoples bar tending academy.

The challenging situations are ALWAYS the most rewarding.

I can't be the only guy on here who actually gets BETTER reactions from girls when rolling solo. The worst I get is something like what happened the other night- ordered one beer for myself and bartender girl asks "is that it?" I say yeah, then the next time I went in that venue she was really fucking friendly. Younger guys think it's some big deal to go out alone, then you get older and realize life is short and you want to play by your own rules all the time after you wasted years at a desk taking orders when you were younger.

Half of game is doing the opposite of whatever the majority of chodes are already doing. Most dudes roll four deep into a bar. Going out solo sets you apart from them. But this is just [Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

I go solo for fear of my friends messing up my game. You can hang with your friends any time, when I go out I'm there to meet cute girls and have fun.

I started game when mASF was popular in 2001. I was 21 and of bar age. I would go up to girls and use stupid pez openers with those pez dispensers. Completely useless, but I got a great start at rejection as soon as I was of age to go to bars. I have used the worst of the worst material until I just stopped using anything. I was going out alone so much that there was no social anxiety because I was practically living in bars every night. I'm in my 30s now and I never get laid when hanging out with friends at a bar. They know I'll eventually leave them at some point in the night to go find some gazelles. I can only stand sitting at a bar stool or a table with friends for so long before I'm timing the amount of hours I have to go hunt during the remaining bar hours before closing time. A social circle has hardly ever worked for me, so fuck that article. I get all my pussy by myself and solo. For the most part, your friends aren't going to help you get yours. Alone is the only way in my opinion.

Forget those scientists they're light years behind us, everyone knows very well how social proof works. But the point is.. going out with your group is just so much more fun. The vibe and all the stupid ideas, challenges, role plays, inside jokes, all that good stuff is much better with someone you already KNOW well.

And think of neediness and how hanging out with your clique eliminates any signs of seeking reaction behavior [solo guys know this feeling very well when they stand there alone stuck in their head looking at the girl they want to approach and over analyzing everything]. That NEEEEEEEED to make it "work" disappears when you're with your group having a good time. Next thing you know you're the ones having more fun than others. You flirt with different girls, hot and not. Then the hot ones become just girls cause you don't need them since cause they're just the little puzzle pieces in YOUR fun. You're in your party, you're not trying to get to their little party. So when you talk to some hottie you don't give off those subtle little needy signals which is inspiring to a girl accustomed to being the source of validation. So when that interaction goes well at first then she invests more than you and that's when things starts to work great. That's how flipping the script is done.

When you're solo stuck in your head and constantly thinking what's next etc it's much harder cause you have to do things to force yourself to let loose and reach that "I'm the shit here" point.

BTW, I can't comprehend how friends just by being there can mess up someone's game, it's just nuts. I know chode married guys with no pu skills yet character that I sometimes go out with and it's fine, we just talk shit, engage girls in our absurd conversations, play stupid games with them, and those guys just tease girls for their own fun giving them a good time and then leave them to me and go home to their wifes. And with girls it's even better cause they love meeting new people especially when a guy can do it in cool/fun/non embarrassing way.

Source: article on the internet. Just sayin'.

Obviously the OP isn't totally comfortable with going out solo and wanted an article to reinforce his current beliefs, which he found. It's all about what works for the individual. Depends on the player. Depends on the group. Etc.

For some people rolling solo works well. I'm a social person and prefer to roll with a group. As long as your friends aren't messing up your game you should be ok

Quote: (10-30-2013 04:08 PM)bounce Wrote:  

Actually, it just shows that being in a group increases attractiveness (although the sample size is small, not very conclusive), not that COMING to the bar in a group increases attractiveness.

Guess what there are at bars? People. Whether you roll solo or not, if you REMAIN solo and don't have interactions with other people, yes, you're going to generally be less attractive.

That doesn't really show that rolling in a group is better, just that you need to socialize to be more attractive.

Duh.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Trash thread. Good luck being a player when your friends start having kids and staying with one girl.

Quote: (10-31-2013 04:43 PM)houston Wrote:  

Trash thread. Good luck being a player when your friends start having kids and staying with one girl.

Yeah I hear that. I get party invites from my coupled up friends all the time. It's gotten to the point where I tell them I'm not coming unless there's some single girls there. The conversations in the couple scene bore me to death.

Team Nachos

If you go to a social setting by yourself, sit away from everyone and make zero approaches of course youre going to be less attractive. If people see you socializing, they feel more comfortable around you.

Parlay ive always been a loner so it wasnt to hard to adjust to going out alone when friends started being good, responsible adults haha. I imagine its hard for loud, talkative guys who have to be with someone at all times.

I've found it works best to try the middle route. Go in solo and befriend a group of guys in the club. This should work in most places, and this way you can use them as a type of 'home base', but you're not tied down to them the way you'd be if you went to a club in a group. They might introduce you to girls they're with, or if they're approaching a group of girls you can use that as an opening. Makes things a bit easier. This works especially well if you're in a foreign country, either because their are other foreigners (who are easy to befriend) or it'll be easy to befriend the locals. I've realised the first people you should be appproaching when you enter a club are not the girls, but the other guys. The article isn't necessarily wrong but at the same time it still doesn't mean rolling dolo isn't a better option...Ceterum censeo Osakam esse delendam!

Yesterday, for the first time in months after having started to go solo in clubs, I went with my friend.
First: he spent the night drinking, wanting me to take a bottle with him. I did not want (too expensive, and I don't like alcohol too much), which influenced the mood.
Secondly: he could not go solo and approach chicks... Wanted me to come and venue change with him, so that he could approach. I don't like talking too much with girls in the club, and prefer the dancefloor approach. Thus at the end I started to grow a bit tired of that, and did not want to do it with him. He left earlier than me, a bit angry about me I think.
I will definitely try the "home base club guys" approach, that Sargon of Akkad preconize. Solo is best ( but I need a home base to remain social, and get in state).