rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Approach Thread

Approach Thread

I decided to make a thread documenting my approaches. What I did well and what I did poorly. Ideally, I would like to make an approach everyday.

Approach 1. Hot Tub.
I was going about my routine looking for an approach opportunity to spring up. I went to a coffee shop, then a yoga class at my gym. I didn't see anything pop up. Afterwards, I contemplated changing into my swimsuit to go swimming. Instead, I just went out to the hot tub and stuck my feet into the hot tube there while wearing shorts and a tshirt. Two women from the yoga class came and sat down in the hot tub. One was older, the other was later 20s/early 30s. This was not really a cold approach because the older woman had already opened the younger woman. I just slided into the conversation. After a while, the older woman left.
I felt my conversation was poor because I don't remember being funny once nor teasing her at all. I felt that I gave good eye contact. My energy was maybe a little low. The conversation started off talking about the yoga class, then the various yoga teachers. I mentioned how I liked the new yoga studio so much better than the old one. Next came up work. I have a really hard time figuring out how to dodge this conversation topic. I hate it because it is logical and not emotional. She works as a science teacher....blah, blah, blah....I asked her if the students try to make her laugh and if she was a hard ass. She gave me an opening when she asked what else I did. I brought up dance and we talked about that for a well. She said she liked a particular style of dance. What I should have done at that point was ask her to show me a dance move from that style. This would have changed the interaction to make it more fun.
When we talked about music festivals for a bit. Which was good because it was something she likes.
I lead the conversation around to science. Which was bad because it was logical, not emotional.
I made another mistake when I noted her water bottle because I made my comment like I was asking for advice. I noted that she had a steal water bottle and how drinking out of plastic water bottles is suspect because of the leaching issue and you never really know. This is bad because it made me seem less confident.
She left shortly after.

Approach Thread

At least you approached that's probably better than me, try reading Day Bang for tips on what to say in these scenarios.

Approach Thread

Approach 2.
Saturday night. I end up talking to a girl I had talked to last year, but nothing came of it then. She had forgotten my name. I felt like I gave good eye contact. I avoided talking about work/school themes and instead talked about interests. My best question was asking her what her favorite dance moves were. Looking back, I could have asked where she wants to take her dancing. I felt like I didn't connect to her emotionally, which is a weak point in my game. I also wasn't funny this time. I don't know if she was available because she said she was on a guestlist. I should have asked her who she came with or who put her on the guestlist. She excused herself.
I had other short snippets of conversation the night. I was wearing a one piece white surgical coveralls. People asked me what I was dressed as. I found the most amusing conversation was to say that I had actually killed someone earlier and didn't want to leave any forensic evidence. I danced with a girl who was wearing a wedding ring, but her friend pulled her away.