rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bank/ATM Fraud

Bank/ATM Fraud

I ran a search, but didn't find anything on this subject, so I am starting a new thread. I apologize if a thread already exists.

I have my business operating account with Bank of America. Until last Tuesday, when I had to pay a huge amount in federal and state taxes, I had a sizable balance in the account. I generally make both deposits and withdrawals at a Bank of America ATM machine using my business debit card. Earlier tonight, when I went to an ATM machine to make a small withdrawal, the ATM wouldn't let me and said that I exceeded my withdrawal limit for the day. I immediately knew that something was seriously wrong. About two days ago, I used the debit card to make a deposit and a small withdrawal. I have not used the card since then. I then requested to see my balance, and the balance was at least $3,000 less than what I expected it to be. I then immediately called Bank of America and reported the theft. They were surprisingly very helpful and went over some transactions from my account during the last few days. These transactions were all withdrawals and were made at a bank other than Bank of America in areas of a neighboring county where I never go. I only use Bank of America ATM's unless there is an extreme emergency, which there has not been anytime recently. Bank of America said that they would immediately freeze my account, give me a temporary debit card at a Bank of America branch, send me another debit card through the mail, and temporarily add about $3,000 to my account pending investigation.

I have only been issued one debit card since I opened the account. That card always stays in my wallet and my wallet always stays in my pocket. Nobody knows my pin number. When I go to sleep, I lock the door to my bedroom and my wallet is close to me when I sleep. Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened here?

Bank/ATM Fraud

Card skimmer and mini camera to catch your pin attached to a cash machine is one likely culprit.

Bank/ATM Fraud

I just went over my September 2013 bank statement and all withdrawals I made during September were authorized. I think this has only been going on for a few days. Basically long enough to steal $3,000 by withdrawing the daily maximum.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Another reason not to be a debit card warrior. My buds got hacked three times from redbox and gas pumps.

Pay cash.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-19-2013 08:01 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Another reason not to be a debit card warrior. My buds got hacked three times from redbox and gas pumps.

Pay cash.

I always pay cash, but I use the card to take money out at the ATM.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-19-2013 08:01 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Pay cash.

Go in the bank and cash one of your checks when you need money.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-19-2013 08:03 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2013 08:01 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Pay cash.

Go in the bank and cash one of your checks when you need money.

I did that for years when I had an account at another bank and I never had a problem with it. I started using the debit card, because I though it would save time. I may just have to go back to cashing checks.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Well it's really just a numbers game and yours was up is all. Don't let it make you paranoid and the bank will give you the money back as BOA is showing record profits by screwing you and helping you at the same time..

Shit like this sucks because it messes your head up

Bank/ATM Fraud

Cover your hand when entering the pin number and try to pull the card reader before inserting your card... The first one prevents a camera from recording your pin.

I thought this thread was going to be about how to commit atm fraud...

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-19-2013 08:09 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Well it's really just a numbers game and yours was up is all. Don't let it make you paranoid and the bank will give you the money back as BOA is showing record profits by screwing you and helping you at the same time..

Shit like this sucks because it messes your head up

What bothers me at least as much as the bank problem is the fact that while I was on the phone with Bank of America dealing with this problem, the hottest girl I have ever seen in the D.C. area opened me and I was too focused on dealing with this problem to really acknowledge her or talk to her. White girl, 18 to 20, beautiful features, doesn't seem bitchy at all. By the time I hung up with Bank of America, she was gone. I know where she works though, so I will probably get another chance.

Bank/ATM Fraud

It happened to 6 soldiers in my unit on base on '11. Shit is pretty scary.

Every country I go to, I almost always make one major purchase on each of my cards then claimed I never left the country. Always credited back with no problems. No real way to investigate.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Card skimmers are everywhere. Any ATM where you can use a debit card you have to be on the look out for skimmers. And you also need to get text notifications from your account for your transactions.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Bank/ATM Fraud

Just use Credit cards for everything - you got 60 days zero liability no matter what happens. Debit card use is only necessary when you get cash back at a supermarket.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Guys, spend some time on Krebs on Security.

He covers fraud, skimming and similar topics in great detail on his blog.

Many of you interested in this subject will probably enjoy his blog.

Bank/ATM Fraud

What's a skimmer look like?

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-20-2013 02:05 PM)kbell Wrote:  

What's a skimmer look like?

Skimmer
[Image: wouldyou-300x217.jpg]

Keypad used to record PIN number
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQymTA_wGGOC2lOGMhPIZ_...Aw-sRrpd3Q]

Another skimmer
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3GmBRJc5LKpxtgbz_Rdl...nxx227-ypw]

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Bank/ATM Fraud

I always wondered who would use those really sketchy ATMs which are attached to the side of bodegas in NYC. But it sounds like skimming happens at the legitimate ones attached to real banks.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-20-2013 04:47 PM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

I always wondered who would use those really sketchy ATMs which are attached to the side of bodegas in NYC. But it sounds like skimming happens at the legitimate ones attached to real banks.

I'm pretty sure the skimming of my card happened at a Bank of America branch. I'm just not sure which one. It would be pretty easy to catch the person who is doing this because the idiot generally goes to the same bank branch and will probably try to make a withdrawal today, but the ATM will just eat the card because my account is temporarily frozen. I don't think the bank really cares that much. Hopefully, tomorrow I will just get a new card and by Tuesday, my money should be back in my account. I am expecting to have a lot of money coming in this week and I want to be able to deposit it. I'll use the tips which were provided on this thread and hopefully this won't happen to me again. It could have been much worse.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Homies ain't gonna skim the cards of cash poor hoods. Homies skim the cards of people with money!

Bank/ATM Fraud

Quote: (10-20-2013 05:19 PM)Pyre Wrote:  

Homies ain't gonna skim the cards of cash poor hoods. Homies skim the cards of people with money!

True and the Bank of America branches I use are all in good or decent areas. The banks where the unauthorized withdrawals were being made are all in pretty bad areas.

Bank/ATM Fraud

The money is already back in my account and I have a temporary debit card. For some inexplicable reason, the bank allowed the same person to withdraw $500.00 more after I reported the claim and after they supposedly froze my account. They are crediting that last $500.00 tomorrow. I will fill out the forms as soon as I get them and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Bank/ATM Fraud

They've found skimmers with a GSM module attached to a modded pin-pad. This means that a fraudster savvy in electronics can jack your card, your pin (even if you cover it with your hand) and have it delivered to a phone via text. Often, local cops are so clueless and stupid that they leave the skimmer on, hoping to catch whoever put it on when they come to "collect" the stolen data. However, this backfires because of GSM and the crooks end up with more stolen cards.

Yet another reason to ditch the plastic and rock a money clip.

Bank/ATM Fraud

Always use credit cards, as long as you pay your balance each month. And if you do it right, you can pile up miles/rewards easily. And as people mentioned, 0 liability with a credit card. I haven't used my debit card in months.

Bank/ATM Fraud

There's a great blog you can read about ATM skimmers and risks to business banking:

Skimmers: http://krebsonsecurity.com/category/all-about-skimmers/

Risk of internet banking to small businesses: http://krebsonsecurity.com/category/smallbizvictims/

Bank/ATM Fraud

Card fraud happens, not a whole hell of a lot you can do to fight it especially when the theft can occur at a processor without you even being apart of it.

I've started using my credit card for most transactions and using my CC's mobile app to pay it off when i run the card.