rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

royals

royals

royals

Lorde looks rough as shit. I'm going to say she is a 16 year old wall victim. Here she is performing on Jimmy Fallon:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/...de-royals/

royals

Yea...she's not a looker, but she's thin and I like her music. Some feminist called her racist recently, the one who runs feministing, and that made me laugh. Everything is raciss to some people, it's become a joke. Racism may have meant something at some point, now I honestly think it makes the person claiming racism look worse.

I think the video has a good feel to it. It spoke to my experience because it brought back memories of me fighting with my brother and growing up, sometimes being bored and just living life. We use to fight all the time, not argumentatively, although sometimes that way, but physically. Makes you strong to fight. I like the images of the regular houses and being on the tram.

royals

I hate to admit it, but I do kind of like this song. I like that it has a message that rejects the Kardashian bullshit. Kind of refreshing.

Nobody will understand it, they will just hear "grey goose, throwing up in hotel rooms, yeah!" Never knowing it's a parody.

She isn't much of a looker, but she is in good shape.

royals

Lorde is absolutely talented. I gave her album a few good listens over the past week, it's really, really good. Check out this outrageously good track:

royals

Once again, all the songs on both her EP and album were produced and co-written by a man.

royals

I don't get the hype, her music sounds like shit to me. Royals despite the message, is painful to listen to. I made a cursory play thru the album and I just kept on skipping to the next song, nothing connected for me. The music aside her act is wearing a little thin with me to, the shots at other artists and calling herself a feminist, you've got to pay your dues and put in the time to have the cred to be that cunty and get away with it.

royals

I don't get the last two lines of the chorus. It's like they took a song about one thing and then stapled on some grrl power at the end. Not getting it.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

royals

^agree the last two lines seem to contradict the message and title of the song

royals

That new single she has on the charts "Team" is darn catchy. Quite strange surreal lyrics.

I have to listen to Top 100 pop songs in the gym and I just absolutely despise 99% of it. However, when this song first started getting airplay it caught my attention. Very simple, but quite effective composition and a different tone from most songs today.

Impressive work for such a young artist. Yes, she is odd-looking. Maybe she's part hobbit or dwarf, being from New Zealand.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

royals

If only you knew how bad things really are.

royals

It's a really catchy song, but fuck that chick is weird. Weird looking, dances really fucked up, and the rest of her songs are just icky. I love what kenny powers said, a "16 year old wall victim". That sums it up.

Anybody remember Fiona Apple? Practically the same story, got famous around age 16 and never did much after that. Must suck to be 21 and see that your best days are behind you.

royals

She has great hair.

royals

I'd smash. But on another note, her songs are a nice relief from the crap we've been getting for the last 15 years. Bruno Mars is another good new talent. I don't like all his songs but his superbowl performance was good, and he's an actual performer, not just a dancer with pre recorded sound and flashy lights to distract, which is nice for a change.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

royals

Quote: (02-15-2014 02:01 PM)nek Wrote:  

her songs are a nice relief from the crap we've been getting for the last 15 years.

Agreed. This is the first pop song I've heard in a long time where the lyrics aren't expressly written for stupid people.

delicioustacos.com

royals

This girl sucks, and she's unattractive. There's girls with more talent that are better singers and write their own songs like Banks, Lianne la Havas and Jessie Ware, and depending on how you feel, 2/3 of those girls are worlds more attractive than Lorde.

royals

400 Lux has become a solid addition to the playlist I'll run with a girl over.

royals

Quote: (02-15-2014 10:18 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2014 02:01 PM)nek Wrote:  

her songs are a nice relief from the crap we've been getting for the last 15 years.

Agreed. This is the first pop song I've heard in a long time where the lyrics aren't expressly written for stupid people.

That's what I thought, the first thing I've heard in years that sounds fresh in style.

New trends in popular music are played out, because everyone has universal access to everything ever recorded, so the Beatles coexist with Bjork and Bach. Hard to make anything sound new.

royals

I saw her at a festival recently. She's definitely not a looker, but her voice is the real deal and she's a pretty captivating performer for somebody who hasn't been around that long. I usually don't like pop music, but Pure Heroine is a pretty good record. Like Bosch said though, all her songs were co-written by a man.