rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trends I've Noticed While Clubbing Over the Years...

Been clubbing for a while now, and over the years I’ve noticed some trends in the clubbing scene - none of which bode well for the average guy looking to pull for a one night stand.

Roid monkeys everywhere. 5 years ago you’d see normal guys dressed in conservative button-downs. Now, every club I walk into now feels like the Jersey Shore. Muscle-bound roided up wannabe MMA fighters with short faux hawks and tattoos draped in tight affliction shirts are all over the place at at every club.

More whales. Lots of big girls at clubs these days. With rising obesity rates, it’s not a surprise. But rather than being sweet and pleasant to compensate for their lack of desirable physique, these girls generally exhibit the worst behaviour. They’re also generally loud, aggressive, show fattitude, and are the biggest c*ckblocks – pun intended. Sadly, the widescale (pun intended) prevalence of big girls also artificially inflates the value of the skinny girls. And while fat girls are everywhere, it’s comparatively rare to see a fat guy at a club. Fat girls go to clubs. Fat guys stay home.

Girls on cell phones. The biggest change from 5-8 years ago. Girls constantly texting and messaging each other on their cell phones and blackberries. Open one girl, and the other will pull her blackberry like clockwork to not feel neglected. She’ll shoot a few texts telling her friends where she is, her friends come find her, and soon that 2-set you just opened erupts into a 4-set and then expands into a mixed 6-set. Keeping the attention of 2 ADD club girls in an overly stimulated environment is hard enough as it is – any more and it’s damn near Herculean. Which leads to…

More c*ckblocking. This has always been common, but it’s more dramatic and vicious than ever before. Open a girl and if her friend’s not getting attention, she’ll pull away your girl almost immediately… even if her friend likes you and has a genuine rapport. In the ADD-addled culture of entitlement of today’s woman - she wants attention too, and her needs come first. Which leads to…

Girls night out The most annoying tendency of girls these days – all the girls on “girls nights” there to “just dance with the girls”. These are the gaggles of hens you see in every club dancing exclusively on their own in a circle. Every guy who approaches them is a creep/creepy/creeper and will get shot down. If she dares venture towards dancing with a guy, she will get pulled back into the circle by an overprotective friend trying to “save her”. Running dance floor game is tough because of this and due to…

Loud ****ing music. Clubs have always been loud, but every club today has the volume cranked up at a supersonic scale. This makes any sort of verbal game damn near impossible.

Lack of dancing between men and women. A few years ago it was common to see men dancing with women bumping and grinding. Today it’s rare. What’s most common are women on a “girls night out” dancing in circles amongst themselves with guys leering from the sidelines. There’s hardly any grinding. Part of the reason is the song selection – today fast dance pop is in and it’s not conducive to grinding. 5 years ago snap rap/crunk was all the rage – perfect grinding music and perfect for getting physical escalation going.

Sausagefests. Ratios are more lopsided than I can ever remember.

With all these factors compounded, the general trend today in clubs is away from the one night stand. With girls not respecting guys at all, the prevalence of the shaming terms like “creeper” discouraging guys from approaching, cell phones and texting and the abandonment all social etiquette, and the preponderance of overempowered women on “girls nights”, you wonder if any guy pulls one night stands at clubs today. Is any guy is going home with a girl he met that night at the club these days? All I’m seeing after last call are fights break out between sexually frustrated roid rage douchebags going home alone yet again and not getting any.

Even Assanova, a true player, has commented on the recent death of night game:

Quote:Quote:

A couple of days ago, I said that night game was dead. Of course it isn't, but it is in the worst condition that I've seen it in ever since I first started going to them. What I've noticed, at least in my city, is that the days of just showing up and leaving with a random girl are gone. Before the economy went to ****, and text messaging became cheap, all I had to do was just show up to a bar and I'd easily leave with a girl.

Now things are a little different. When I say that text messaging is a problem, I don't mean that women are just jumping on their cell phones when a guy approaches them. What I am saying is that cheap text messaging has allowed people to only stick with their group of friends.

http://www.realassanova.com/2010/10/is-n...-dead.html

All of this leads me to believe that girls today go clubbing to seek attention for attention’s sake and not to meet men. Guys, don't waste your time and money at clubs. Game elsewhere.

I'm old but I've hated clubs for a long time. After 40, your ears do NOT like that volume, it's objectively bad for you.

Gunwitch commented he sticks to lone wolves, girls out alone. There are plenty of them, today in less than 1/2 hour of doing errands, I saw (3) 8+ girls on the street or in the stores today alone. I would think they're more available as you imply-- no worrying about what their less attractive friends think.

I think they feel sorry for Sister Fattie when a guy is full on into them, adn don't want to seem like a disloyal friend just because she's got a chance to get some dick.

Defenses seem WAY up in clubs as are more superficial chicks into drinking, not athleticism. Equals your whale factor.

This write-up is incredibly accurate, and it's why I've grown weary of clubs and lounges lately. Good job.

Good post spinaroonie.

I have some really strong opinions about girls with cell phones. First off, why are you “going out” if you have you head buried in a phone. Couldn’t you do that at home?
Furthermore, why not wrap your arm around a man rather than a cell phone?

Also, who in the hell are these people texting? If they are so important why are they not there? And also, what does this say about your friends. It says that someone who is not there is meriting more attention that the people that aren’t.

Quote: (10-27-2010 12:28 AM)spinaroonie Wrote:  

Been clubbing for a while now, and over the years I’ve noticed some trends in the clubbing scene - none of which bode well for the average guy looking to pull for a one night stand.

Roid monkeys everywhere. 5 years ago you’d see normal guys dressed in conservative button-downs. Now, every club I walk into now feels like the Jersey Shore. Muscle-bound roided up wannabe MMA fighters with short faux hawks and tattoos draped in tight affliction shirts are all over the place at at every club.

More whales. Lots of big girls at clubs these days. With rising obesity rates, it’s not a surprise. But rather than being sweet and pleasant to compensate for their lack of desirable physique, these girls generally exhibit the worst behaviour. They’re also generally loud, aggressive, show fattitude, and are the biggest c*ckblocks – pun intended. Sadly, the widescale (pun intended) prevalence of big girls also artificially inflates the value of the skinny girls. And while fat girls are everywhere, it’s comparatively rare to see a fat guy at a club. Fat girls go to clubs. Fat guys stay home.

[b]Girls on cell phones.[/b] The biggest change from 5-8 years ago. Girls constantly texting and messaging each other on their cell phones and blackberries. Open one girl, and the other will pull her blackberry like clockwork to not feel neglected. She’ll shoot a few texts telling her friends where she is, her friends come find her, and soon that 2-set you just opened erupts into a 4-set and then expands into a mixed 6-set. Keeping the attention of 2 ADD club girls in an overly stimulated environment is hard enough as it is – any more and it’s damn near Herculean. Which leads to…

More c*ckblocking. This has always been common, but it’s more dramatic and vicious than ever before. Open a girl and if her friend’s not getting attention, she’ll pull away your girl almost immediately… even if her friend likes you and has a genuine rapport. In the ADD-addled culture of entitlement of today’s woman - she wants attention too, and her needs come first. Which leads to…

Girls night out The most annoying tendency of girls these days – all the girls on “girls nights” there to “just dance with the girls”. These are the gaggles of hens you see in every club dancing exclusively on their own in a circle. Every guy who approaches them is a creep/creepy/creeper and will get shot down. If she dares venture towards dancing with a guy, she will get pulled back into the circle by an overprotective friend trying to “save her”. Running dance floor game is tough because of this and due to…

Loud ****ing music. Clubs have always been loud, but every club today has the volume cranked up at a supersonic scale. This makes any sort of verbal game damn near impossible.

Lack of dancing between men and women. A few years ago it was common to see men dancing with women bumping and grinding. Today it’s rare. What’s most common are women on a “girls night out” dancing in circles amongst themselves with guys leering from the sidelines. There’s hardly any grinding. Part of the reason is the song selection – today fast dance pop is in and it’s not conducive to grinding. 5 years ago snap rap/crunk was all the rage – perfect grinding music and perfect for getting physical escalation going.

With all these factors compounded, the general trend today in clubs is away from the one night stand. With girls not respecting guys at all, the prevalence of the shaming terms like “creeper” discouraging guys from approaching, cell phones and texting and the abandonment all social etiquette, and the preponderance of overempowered women on “girls nights”, you wonder if any guy pulls one night stands at clubs today. Is any guy is going home with a girl he met that night at the club these days? All I’m seeing after last call are fights break out between sexually frustrated roid rage douchebags going home alone yet again and not getting any.

A couple of days ago, I said that night game was dead. Of course it isn't, but it is in the worst condition that I've seen it in ever since I first started going to them. What I've noticed, at least in my city, is that the days of just showing up and leaving with a random girl are gone. Before the economy went to ****, and text messaging became cheap, all I had to do was just show up to a bar and I'd easily leave with a girl.

Now things are a little different. When I say that text messaging is a problem, I don't mean that women are just jumping on their cell phones when a guy approaches them. What I am saying is that cheap text messaging has allowed people to only stick with their group of friends.

All of this leads me to believe that girls today go clubbing to seek attention for attention’s sake and not to meet men. Guys, don't waste your time and money at clubs. Game elsewhere.

Great write up bro!...I had some girls from Oslo, Norway visiting me this past weekend in Atlanta and they were commenting on the amount of text-messaging that girls and guys were doing and the amount of weave and big-boned girls they witnessed in a few clubs as well. Overall I would have to say that women outside of the USA are just more classy overall. The way my girls from Norway dressed and carried themselves and danced really stood out and seperated them from the ahem "Pack" so to speak.

I posted on another thread (can't remember which right now) on a study done by a Dr. of Psychology and Sexology expert. She studied women's arousal genes, and found that a man can see a naked girl, in a cherry thong, and spectacular perky tits and IMMEDIATELY be ready for sex. I agree.

On the other hand, a woman can see a very physically fit naked man, with six pack abs and all, and she will not be sexually turned on, until that same naked man tells her how beautiful she is.

Point being: Women can get turned on sexually by mere attention, and be actually satisfied with just that. Us men, well, we are much harder to please and require at minimum a bareback blow job to be pleased.

Mixx

Quote: (10-27-2010 09:52 AM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

[b]Girls on cell phones.[/b] The biggest change from 5-8 years ago. Girls constantly texting and messaging each other on their cell phones and blackberries. Open one girl, and the other will pull her blackberry like clockwork to not feel neglected. She’ll shoot a few texts telling her friends where she is, her friends come find her, and soon that 2-set you just opened erupts into a 4-set and then expands into a mixed 6-set. Keeping the attention of 2 ADD club girls in an overly stimulated environment is hard enough as it is – any more and it’s damn near Herculean. Which leads to…

Great write up bro!...I had some girls from Oslo, Norway visiting me this past weekend in Atlanta and they were commenting on the amount of text-messaging that girls and guys were doing and the amount of weave and big-boned girls they witnessed in a few clubs as well. Overall I would have to say that women outside of the USA are just more classy overall. The way my girls from Norway dressed and carried themselves and danced really stood out and seperated them from the ahem "Pack" so to speak.

Lmao @ Int....you brought nordic honey's to the ATL...props...I know the Tyler Perry crowd was probably charbroiling themselves......

I don't mind cat's working out...just after 21 you should not be fighting or looking to start a fight...One of my boys is 33 and still tries to fight ppl...i'm like "you look so dumb"...master degree, professional, married, 2 kids.... [Image: sad.gif] pathetic...

I fight as a sport Caramel (not so much now..just train and Im a corner man / cut man..but that is a hobby..I still bang with a few pros though) But since I'm involved in that scene people ask me all the time and my answer is always the same. I still cannot stand dudes in gay ass Afffliction, Tap Out , skulls and bloody crosses and shit. It tries too hard.

I really hate dudes that try to thug out in a club though. Some guys will never grow up.

Back to clothes, many of the girls I've scooped like the fact that I'm muscular (not ripped now that Im 33 and I love beer and Popeyes haha) but I'm thick and strong. Still I do not need to wear shirts that are too small for me. I wear loose, but fitting jeans, decent shoes and a Facanable button up shirt for instance. I have always maintained that there is never a good reason for a dude to be up in the club with a skin tight shirt, wife beater or some other shameful shit just to try and show off his bar biceps etc. If you are strong or an athlete girls will know, and they will also like the contrast of the strong yet well dressed man, instead of the strong, prison yard looking guido with a wife beater and corny ass tribal tats.

great post.

i dont think it is as extreme as you are making it out to be though, well atleast in my neck of the woods. in nc u can still go out and dance and take home a grl. its difficult if u dont look like brad pitt but its doable.

the thing i HATE about south america is the clubs are like pitch dark! u cant hardly see what anyone looks like and the music is WAY to loud.

thank god it isnt as bad in the US. but in south america it is just ridiculous.

@rocco, i think dudes need to wear form fitting shirts that show off their body. not skin tight, but def ones that are fitted around the shoulders, and chest. at the very least it needs to be fitted around the biceps

a loose/baggy shirt looks like shit imo.

Dash, I know what you mean. I am not talking like the "white T" look that I still see grown ass men wearing in DC area...not talking about hige XXL stuff that shows no shape or form , but I mean a nice fitting shirt. Again it should not look like you borrowed it from your little brother and the buttons should not be straining, about to pop off once you wear it.

Great, very accurate write up, these seem to be the trends these days. Best post I've seen in the girls forum in a while.

OMG this is all true. Not mention the whales around here. Fat people don`'t like nightclubs

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

spinaroonie,

Ha. Bastard. I have had an outline for something like this for 6 months and haven't wrote it up yet.

I have a few more aspects to add and I hope to write it up by the end of the year with that signature G Manifesto swag.

Good work. I repped you. So to speak.

I agree. The ratio in the clubs are terrible for us single dudes. The amount of text messaging going on by the gals distracts her from enjoying her night. Girls holding hands walking in groups all the way to the washroom or dancefloor kinda irks me,, shows that they are immature imho.

I don't think that this situation will work here, but in Goa India a buddy of mine told me that a club had a minimum 1-1 ratio or more women than men. What the owner did was that each guy had to come in with a girl.... any girl. So you'd see guys outside asking the girls to just come into the club with them and thus assuring a 1-1 ratio.

Where I see more women than men are in latin bars... boys learn how to dance that shit!!! it'll create easy openers for you and at the same time its a great workout. As well, in restaurants. I usually see groups of girls in a trendy restaurant sitting and talking. I know the pua's and roosh will hate me for saying this, but have the waiter send over a bottle of wine to the table in the $30 range. If they are unthankful, well 30 bucks down the tubes,, but that is one way of opening in a restaurant. I am an amateur at this, so boys feel free to add in more!

As well, outside of the clubs in the patio/smokers area its much more quiet and you can actually hear people speak. So, I like to game here.

Quote: (10-27-2010 05:42 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Where I see more women than men are in latin bars... boys learn how to dance that shit!!! it'll create easy openers for you and at the same time its a great workout.

I've found that being a great dancer in a club won't help you get girls. You should just dance competantly. Girls will watch and admire a great dancer, but not actually dance with him.

Quote: (10-27-2010 05:56 PM)ZTheGreat Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2010 05:42 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Where I see more women than men are in latin bars... boys learn how to dance that shit!!! it'll create easy openers for you and at the same time its a great workout.

I've found that being a great dancer in a club won't help you get girls. You should just dance competantly. Girls will watch and admire a great dancer, but not actually dance with him.

Whenever I go to a latin bar, I usually see a few top dancers dancing with multiple partners. So,,, when I asked my dance instructor about this, she says women just line up to dance with those kinds of guys. Your point has some truth to it, but if they don't ask you to dance, at least you can [Image: smile.gif]

Very accurate observations. I think the whole texting thing is down to the girl trying to portray that she has "somewhere better" to be, or that she at least has other options. It's an over the top and arrogant attempt to look cool/important. Girls with iphones are particularly irritating, updating the facebook status (statii) by the hour, as if anybody gives a shit.

Lol, sounds like Vegas! Probably just bad choice of venue in this case. One thing I like about my town is that is has a healthy variety of scenes and the douchbags and loud ghetto bitches can be easily avoided since they like to congregate at certain places.

True, I've seen this more.

Isn't that the stupidest thing ever? I can't understand why people would get dressed up, pay a cover, pay for drinks, just to dance with friends of the same sex all night. How the hell is that fun? That's one area where men will just never understand women.

Yep. I hate having to repeat shit over and over when I'm talking.

Go to a club that plays dancehall or reggaeton.

It's always been lopsided, haven't seen much change there.

At age 34, I'm at the end of the line with clubs. Everyone is going to outgrow them at some point. I'll still go here and there if it's with good company but I don't have any yearning for the club scene.

If you have a salsa scene in your city, that might be a better place to go. People there actually WANT to dance with the opposite sex, people are there to have a good time instead of "see and be seen" and I don't see much in the way of douchebag types looking for fights. There used to be the most awesome little club in my town that played salsa and samba. Full of local Brazilian girls. It closed several years ago...broke my heart. [Image: sad.gif]

If you have a salsa scene in your city, that might be a better place to go. People there actually WANT to dance with the opposite sex, people are there to have a good time instead of "see and be seen" and I don't see much in the way of douchebag types looking for fights. There used to be the most awesome little club in my town that played salsa and samba. Full of local Brazilian girls. It closed several years ago...broke my heart. [Image: sad.gif]
[/quote]

Perhaps theres a business opportunity here to promote a club to do a latin night or even open up your own place. Anyhow, salsa lessons can get expensive if you do privates. Finding a latin gal to practice and date, might help[Image: smile.gif]

Girls on cell phones. The biggest change from 5-8 years ago. Girls constantly texting and messaging each other on their cell phones and blackberries. Open one girl, and the other will pull her blackberry like clockwork to not feel neglected. She’ll shoot a few texts telling her friends where she is, her friends come find her, and soon that 2-set you just opened erupts into a 4-set and then expands into a mixed 6-set. Keeping the attention of 2 ADD club girls in an overly stimulated environment is hard enough as it is – any more and it’s damn near Herculean. Which leads to…

I havent been to the club in forever, this post makes me not wana even step inside one

This is why I rarely have nightclubs as my first event of the night anymore but If a friend invites me out, or if the event is free; I head straight for the patio area.

clubs are fun. drinking with the fellas, dancing on some honeys.

they just need to turn down the volume and not have it so dark in the bitch

What I dont understand about clubs is why guys would pay to get in to them.

My general rule is that, if it has a cover charge then (unless I can blag my way in or get on the guest list) I am not going in.

If you go to London you can walk into Harrod's or Selfridges for nothing. Department stores that cost hundreds of millions to own, staff and run and yet guys think its acceptable to pay to get into a bar or a club?

Why?

Paying just to enter a place of business does not make sense.

The worse one I saw was in Peru. There was a club that had ladies night. Girls entered for free and drank for free for serveral hours. Guys? Had to pay to get in. Cover charge did not even include one free drink. Nothing.

The worst part? For the period the girls were drinking for free, guys were not even allowed to enter the bar. Not even if they paid cover. They had to wait outside until the girls "free" drinking period was over (at which point most girls left).

Of course the girls are not drinking for "free". The girls drinks are being paid for by the stupid horny guys whose game is so bad that they are happy to not only buy drinks for girls who are complete strangers but are happy to be locked out of the bar whilst they drink them in the vain hope that their poor excuse for game will be good enough to get some action with drunk girls when they are finally let in.

Nice post especially the loud music fucks it up for me in the clubs here.. But Im the online wiz of pickup, prefer to sit at comfort at home having the honeys come to me, never the less Rio was alot more fun than Denmark going out.. [Image: biggrin.gif]