rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

online dating - profile viewed alot but no responses

I am an American guy in Hong Kong. Using a paid dating site (lovestruck) which seems fairly popular here and in the UK but don't know for sure as I am new to this.

On this site almost all the girls are Chinese but seem to have decent English skills as the site is all in English. Most r local but some seem to be ABCs or British born Asians.

My profile is getting a decent amount of views, mostly by Chinese but some expats here and there. However, i never get a response to my messages (maybe twice) , even from girls who viewed my profile first.

I thought it could be any of the following:

1) my messages suck - at first I tried the boring hey u r cute, I noticed so and so about ur profile . That hasn't workded so I started trying to be wittier/more challenging. I tried playing matchmaker to throw girls off and said "hey r u still single? I know someone that might want to meet for coffee". Still no responses.

I guess there is still different messaging I can try, tho I am new to the online dating thing.

2) pictures - U can only put up like maybe 5 pics, I got a couple of headshots, one from me in thr studio after recording a song, and one from a costume party. I think this is good enough, especially since girls R clicking on my profile due to my pic in the firstplace

3) negative thinking that maybe these hk Chinese girls just want an Asian guy and aren't actually interested in a foreign guy. This thought crossed my mind but id rather not think like that. (im not white btw, am light brown, but I already had good success in Japan so this shouldn't be too much of an issue. However. U don't see the same number of expat-Asian girl couples as U do in Tokyo)

the site doesn't offer much in the way of being able to write much text about itself beyond a short 1-2 paragraph blurb.

Any advice?

You're ugly, you should kill yourself.

But seriously, take a page out of the marketing playbook and utilize a call to action at the end of your messages, and in your profile. TELL them to write you back.

Also, is your profile too complicated? Here with Thai girls you have to keep it simple because so many speak little English. Don't try to be too cute or witty because they may not get the joke.

Another thing to make sure of is that you are not offending any local customs or anything like that. In Thailand you don't want a photo with your shirt off in your profile like you may back in the US. It isn't normal for Thai people.

Also avoid the word "fun" with Thai girls because for some reason many of them seem to think it means sex.

Obviously Thailand and HK will be different, but you get the idea. I'd bet that you are writing something in your messages or profile that is putting them off. Maybe hook up with another foreigner who has been there longer and uses online dating to check it out for you.

Only dating should be a supplement, a tool that you can use, not a single avenue to meet women.

Why not stick with regular day game and hitting up bars and clubs?

With day game alone, if you put the effort in you can have more women in your life than you can handle.

Thanks for the advice. I think I might simplify my message a bit and use that call to action, RioNomad.

And yes, I am only using this as a supplement. I actually have a date tomorrow with a girl I met in some club the other night! I'll be working on some daygame now that the weather is cooling down.

Quote: (10-02-2013 07:57 AM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

I tried playing matchmaker to throw girls off and said "hey r u still single? I know someone that might want to meet for coffee". Still no responses.

[Image: jaguars-fan-cant-believe-it-nfl-fan-gifs.gif]

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

I think the problem is with your messages. To say the least, they're awful. Use the good old "Let me guess, you're (insert ambiguous attribute here)" opener and perhaps make a short reference to something out of your profile. If you're getting views but not replies, it has to be your messages.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Cool let me give this a spin with some new messaging and check back in later

DonovanVC: Thats interesting
Chinesegirl: Whats interesting? / Whats that?
DonovanVC: You
Chinesegirl: OMG (giggle like a schoolgirl)

I have used this many times, also if they dont respond call them out on it, i guess a lot of guys here wont approve this but if i ask them something and they dont respond i say: hey im talking to you dummy, i got a couple of numbers this way from girls that supposedly blow me out before.

I just banged a girl the other night who initially viewed my profile but didn't hit me up. I messaged her telling that I noticed she was checking me out, she sucked and that she could have said hi.

If I didn't message her in the first place I never would have got the notch.

whoa.

You really have a long way to go.
See, the guys who clean up in real life, clean up online.

Like Nascimento said, online dating is a supplement. Newbies resort to online gaming (like a lot of betas) because they can hide behind their computers. Its an impersonal (and if I may add, pussy)way of pick up, you can edit your responses, act "alpha" etc. Besides, even if you do get lucky, you're setting up yourself for failure. Women are master manipulators, and will burn you if you don't know well.

I understand that you're asking for help with your online profile, but perhaps you can take your game offline for a bit? Read up on game - Roosh, CH, Krauser, many of the forum members here, and then go the fuck out. Get slapped, get embarrassed, improve on your conversation and reading women in general. Women are everywhere, test your game everywhere. You will suck a lot, then a little less, then not at all. Jedi game can be learned, but you do need to put in the hard work. You'll learn faster if you have a mentor to guide you through the finer nuances, but hey, don't let that be an excuse.

If you still do wish to persist with your online efforts, look up El Mech's posts. He's fantastic at text, and I believe he also wrote good stuff about online game.

Caveat - Although game is universal, there will be environmental differences. Make sure you don't commit unnecessary faux pas, over correct and give up on yourself (or get thrown in jail).

Cheers.

Quote: (10-02-2013 07:57 AM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

I am an American guy in Hong Kong. Using a paid dating site (lovestruck) which seems fairly popular here and in the UK but don't know for sure as I am new to this.

On this site almost all the girls are Chinese but seem to have decent English skills as the site is all in English. Most r local but some seem to be ABCs or British born Asians.

My profile is getting a decent amount of views, mostly by Chinese but some expats here and there. However, i never get a response to my messages (maybe twice) , even from girls who viewed my profile first.

I thought it could be any of the following:

1) my messages suck - at first I tried the boring hey u r cute, I noticed so and so about ur profile . That hasn't workded so I started trying to be wittier/more challenging. I tried playing matchmaker to throw girls off and said "hey r u still single? I know someone that might want to meet for coffee". Still no responses.

I guess there is still different messaging I can try, tho I am new to the online dating thing.

2) pictures - U can only put up like maybe 5 pics, I got a couple of headshots, one from me in thr studio after recording a song, and one from a costume party. I think this is good enough, especially since girls R clicking on my profile due to my pic in the firstplace

3) negative thinking that maybe these hk Chinese girls just want an Asian guy and aren't actually interested in a foreign guy. This thought crossed my mind but id rather not think like that. (im not white btw, am light brown, but I already had good success in Japan so this shouldn't be too much of an issue. However. U don't see the same number of expat-Asian girl couples as U do in Tokyo)

the site doesn't offer much in the way of being able to write much text about itself beyond a short 1-2 paragraph blurb.

Any advice?

Soooo. . .make your profile something vanilla with a hint of alpha, and don't mention anything about relationships etc etc. something like "Treating women right blah blah blah" is good Get a decent clear picture.

When you browse throuhg the girls just browse through the pictures of the girls that are attractive, and bookmark them, do this untill you have about 200 or so.

Them make a stock message, something like "I'm not sure if we're a match, but maybe we can see where this goes, feel free to send me a msg" something like that.

send that to the 200+ women.

DO NOT READ THEIR PROFILES!

This is important. you've seen the hamsterizations of online girl profiles on this site, and you should already know that women do not do what they say on profiles (unless they are over 28, but you should not be messaging women older than 27 on internet sites anyway)

pretty much nothing on a girls profile is relevant. You can read her profile if she responds and only its to see if she says she's a tranny(also called "newhalf" in Japanese terms lol) or not.

Online game is just as good as the other four major types of game, it's just that many many MANY guys do it w r o n g. but that's another discussion for another day.

If you have any more in depth questions, feel free to pm me.

oh and P.S.

NEVER compliment a woman on her looks untill after you banged her.

If you say something like "you're cute" as a first message to her, then you have already lost her. stop it.

Isaiah 4:1

Quote: (10-03-2013 11:27 AM)CJ_W Wrote:  

Them make a stock message, something like "I'm not sure if we're a match, but maybe we can see where this goes, feel free to send me a msg" something like that.

while I think copy/paste openers are fine, you might not want to use the same one 200 times because your account can get flagged for sending out the same message. So either maybe alter them slightly each time or use different' copy/paste openers. I agree with the rest of what you are saying though.