rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you like untucked button down shirts - Untuckit

I like the untucked button-down look, but often times the tail is too long and it doesn't look good. I found this company that makes button downs with short tails, specifically so they can be worn untucked. I ordered one as an experiment. I got it mailed, wore it today, and it looks really sharp. Good quality and looks good.

http://untuckit.com/collections/button-downs

Take care of those titties for me.

Good concept. You could also just take a regular shirt and have it hemmed straight across. The Korean lady at my dry cleaner hems all my jeans for $10. I'm sure a shirt will be about the same.

If I was getting my shirts fitted I'd take them to a real deal tailor though.

Team Nachos

This is how i like to wear my shirts. I have wide shoulders and slim waist so tuck in looks kinda weird.
If you have some good shirts but they are a tad long to be worn untucked, then i would go with Parlay44 advice and get them hemmed. Wouldn`t cost too much.

Quote: (09-28-2013 05:46 PM)Downunder Wrote:  

This is how i like to wear my shirts. I have wide shoulders and slim waist so tuck in looks kinda weird.
If you have some good shirts but they are a tad long to be worn untucked, then i would go with Parlay44 advice and get them hemmed. Wouldn`t cost too much.

Do they look "doctored" when hemmed?

Quote: (09-28-2013 05:53 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2013 05:46 PM)Downunder Wrote:  

Do they look "doctored" when hemmed?

All depends of how good the seamstress is i guess.
But really no one is going to know or pick up on it when you are out and about. Get one done and see what you think.

If you find a decent seamstress she'll know what she's doing. Try one shirt first obviously. Don't walk in there with your whole wardrobe.

Team Nachos

I thought it was a good idea but after looking at the price tag I am like WTF?

If you buy slim fitting casual shirts, they just come at right length.

Only real dress shirts come at longer length.

anyways, for that price, I think it's better to just alter your favorite shirts you already have.

I've had a lot of shirts hemmed and it looked fine. Some are longer due to functioning better tucked in. I found years ago having them hemmed opened a lot of options with shirts. Express has decent tail length off the rack. Alterations shouldn't be expensive as its a simple procedure. When shopping for off the rack though I always wear a blazer to have a way to measure shirt length, and generally what will match up better.

Here's a good guide for how long shirts need to be for them to look good untucked:

http://www.primermagazine.com/2011/spend...n-up-shirt