rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exercise, alcohol, and libido

For the past few years I've been running every other day and doing bodyweight exercises to keep in shape. I know that exercising is great for all aspects of your health, including your libido. Sometimes after a good run I'm popping rods like crazy. They're usually rock hard and refuse to go away. However, other times after I go running (Same distance every time) my body just feels exhausted and it's next to impossible for my soldier to stand at attention. It's extremely random and I can never predict it.

I also have a similar problem when it comes to alcohol and sex. I've been seeing a girl for a while and we usually go out for drinks and then come back to my place. Whiskey dick has always been a problem for me, but sometimes I've performed my best and been at my hardest after some heavy drinking, and sometimes I'm limp as a noodle when I'm sober. Again it's completely random.

The past 2 times I've had this girl over I've been unable to perform. Last night she was over and I just called it a night and figured I could give it a go in the morning. Then the morning came, I got hard for about 20 seconds and then it went away. When this happens I usually just go down on her until she comes and she's content and completely forgets about my problems.

I know that a lot of guys have performance problems, and I wanted to know what you guys think it could be. I'm attracted to this girl and I've gone to town on her countless times before. But the way I'll perform is completely unpredictable and I don't know what will happen until we're in the middle of things. I usually try to not masturbate for a couple days....But again sometimes I've been my hardest after masturbating earlier in the day.

Any solutions you guys can think of?

Stress in your life? It's a serious killer of a boner, and will eventually kill you.

Avoid alcohol, it does the same to me.

You didnt mention how long your runs are, but you may be overdoing the SS cardio and increasing your cortisol in the process. Perhaps try switching over to HIIT sprints on some days.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (09-22-2013 06:52 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

You didnt mention how long your runs are, but you may be overdoing the SS cardio and increasing your cortisol in the process. Perhaps try switching over to HIIT sprints on some days.

My runs are usually around 3-4 miles. I actually did HIIT sprints on Thursday and got really burnt out from doing them, but sometimes HIIT sprints get me pumped up and get the juices flowing.

And Redwoodsandwaves, stress could also be a major factor. I had a bit of it brewing beneath the surface this weekend.

Maybe you're just growing tired & bored with the girl?

I know when the novelty wears off of a new girl, I'm not too into sex with her anymore unless I take some sort of aphrodisiac.

Quote: (09-22-2013 12:03 PM)Pyre Wrote:  

Maybe you're just growing tired & bored with the girl?

I know when the novelty wears off of a new girl, I'm not too into sex with her anymore unless I take some sort of aphrodisiac.

I definitely agree that being with a new girl is always the most exciting. I did some thinking and realized this could be part of it. When I'm with her we fall into a routine - Go out, get drinks, come back, and fuck. I'm not horny 24/7 and even when I'm with a girl there's a chance I might just not be feeling it. Thinking back on this weekend I definitely did try and go by "the script" rather than just roll over, go to sleep, and try in the morning.

Maybe you're not comfortable with her? I know for me personally, as I'm a fairly introverted and quiet person, if I'm not comfortable around a woman the anxiety can get in the way of performance (which is why I don't aim for ons/same day bangs).

Quote: (09-23-2013 03:47 AM)Sumanguru Wrote:  

Maybe you're not comfortable with her? I know for me personally, as I'm a fairly introverted and quiet person, if I'm not comfortable around a woman the anxiety can get in the way of performance (which is why I don't aim for ons/same day bangs).

Yeah, men and women talk about male sexuality like we're fucking robots. And some guys just aren't very emotional about sex, so they see it as being a weakness when someone is. Unfortunately, the continuation of society depends on people pair bonding so children can have healthy environments.

I remember even when I was 16 and HAD TO masturbate at least once a day, I got a girl in bed who I knew had a boyfriend and was impotent.
There's no way that was stress related, it was the feeling of being toyed with, though I didn't realize it at the time.

You may be stressed and in denial, dehydrated, not getting enough sleep, and if you replace low intensity cardio with HIIT you'll be even more tired -- HIIT requires more rest.

Could be just overtraining. If your body is exhausted, don't exercise. If you have tons of extra energy, run longer.

You may want to look into better/longer sleep. It can absolutely better your life. First thing I did was cut my caffeine about 90%.