rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm sitting on 10 datasheets and I don't know what to do with them

I started to withhold publication because of how my Croatia and Helsinki writings went viral in those respective countries. I got reports that I did damage to one bar in particular (Milliklubi), temporarily making it one of the biggest sausage fests in the world.

Here are the cities I have sheets on:

Montreal, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Chisinau, Moldova
Lublin, Poland
Warsaw, Poland
Bucharest, Romania
Cluj, Romania
Iasi, Romania
Kiev, Ukraine
Odessa, Ukraine

To keep the data useful, I was thinking of packaging them and selling for a nominal fee (e.g. $3), simply to prevent them from going viral, but this seems weird to me. I like sharing travel data for free, since it will attract more international experts that can join our community.

Thoughts?

Post them on the forum. Make it so only RVF members who are logged in can see the thread. Problem solved.

I remember the days we thought a data sheet wouldn't make a difference, but sounds like times have changed. I agree with DD, make it where only members that contribute can see. It sucks to hold back information, but there are just too many lurkers. I've passed out the address to this forum many times, but no one joins, just mines the forum w/out contributing.

Post generalities about the places on your blog(s), e.g. girls, culture, etc., so you can continue to attract new readers but put the specific venue information either in paid form or on the forum.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I'm definitely interested in Cluj, Romania. I have a chick there that I've been in touch with for a couple of years who is from there. She was living in Transylvania for many years, but is back in Cluj (she's from Cluj-Napoca). She wants me to come for a visit, so I'd definitely be interested in your report from there.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (09-21-2013 10:03 AM)Soma Wrote:  

Post generalities about the places on your blog(s), e.g. girls, culture, etc., so you can continue to attract new readers but put the specific venue information either in paid form or on the forum.

Ingenious!

Data sheet on Toronto please make that public, so people from around the world can see how bad it really is.

Otherwise, on the forum for members only or heck why not charge $3 and throw in a Ukraine data sheet.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Haha. I think the problem with Milliklubi was the actual mainstream publication on ROK about top international bars for getting ONS. I wouldn't necessarily say many of these data sheets on RVF in general have killed cities however...least I don't think they would.

Haha, yeah Milliklubi has certainly gone to shit (not sure what it used to be like though). I was in Helsinki last week and hit up Milliklubi almost every day. The weekends are OKAY there, but it was completely dead on the weeknights, and tons of funny looking tourists. I also met a couple of girls at Milliklubi who would rival any American girl I've ever met in terms of attitude

Yep. Redact actual venue names and make people pay the 3 bucks for the non-redacted version.

Sloots gon' sloot.

This is why a private forum or where only members who have contributed can access to prevent the freeloading leeches from mining the forum in all impunity.

Quote: (09-21-2013 11:03 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2013 10:03 AM)Soma Wrote:  

Ingenious!

Since joining the forum, and this topic comes up, I liken it to back home and trout fishing. Experienced fishermen have secret spots for native trout and keep it quiet. It takes a long time to find these places, and even then you only take what you need, as it can get fished out quick. Telling everyone else can ruin it for the rest of the season. Those that put the time in and can share places take others of the same mind.

Some of us on the forum do the same. Keep it general, but save the intricate information for meetups. I kept a few spots in Santo Domingo quiet cause literally 3-5 "PUA"'s could stomp through there in and destroy the exotic factor, or put expats in a bad light. Not everyone has the same skill set or courtesy as we do.

Sometimes it takes lots of money and effort to come up with the best places off the beaten path, and sharing that openly with anyone that can use it without contributing isn't really a consummate relationship. Reminds me of that movie The Beach.

Definitely interested in a Chisinau data sheet, paid or unpaid. The best all-around chick I've ever met is from there. Would love insights into the general nature and attributes of Moldovan women and what the atmosphere is like over there.

I've been wondering how much of an economic impact this forum has had on bars or restaurants that are mentioned here.

Many times I have decided against posting things as I want to keep a degree of privacy. A few examples...

- Posting pics of apartments I rent with location, cost, etc...
- Posting pics of girls, venues, bars, etc...
- Detailed stories of how a hook up went down
- Reports on some what unknown bars/clubs/towns

The list could go on and on.

I would love to post much more info but I don't care to make it public to everyone. I think to myself, if I post a picture of this apartment with details about it to help you guys out is their a chance one of the girls I hooked up with sees this? If so will that cause me drama I have no desire to deal with?

I know that this forum is indexed in google and view by thousands who are not members. If it was possible to create a thread that was only viewable to the 7,000 members and not indexed by google I would be much more willing to post specific details.

I don't think it is a good idea to have the majority of threads like this. Maybe restrict the ability to create such a thread to members with 500+ post and 10+ rep points. Then guys like me who don't have that much could request making such a thread to the mods and get it approved.

I think we all keep this off the forum on purpose because of the fact that it is public information. I guarantee the travel info here would be even more sharp if it was member only.

What about a members only sub forum?

I would also suggest that it be only for members with 10+ post so only "active" members could participate and keep people from joining but never adding to the conversation.

There is no plans for a private forum at this time.

Quote: (09-21-2013 01:12 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Is there a reason why?

I mean it's possible to just write a data sheet in a way that doesn't draw too much attention to one venue. You don't have to hype up an establishment as doing so can be counterproductive if you ever want to return. Just highlight general areas or just say "venues xyz had good ratios....to find these type of girls go to these spots, etc..." If one decides to mention the exact spot they pulled from, just know that comes with a risk. There's a wide degree of flexibility as to how someone can write a data sheet.

Quote: (09-21-2013 01:21 PM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2013 01:12 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Is there a reason why?

I also agree that a limited-scope private sub-thread might be a good place for data sheets. If the info isn't going to be sold and the goal is to share information with the right type of people, then I think a forum specifically for datasheets is a good idea. Only people who pass a certain posting threshold and are in good standing would be able to view it. You'd still get a large number of members who can view and contribute, but it will also keep the wrong type of people away as well, or at least minimize their damage.

Roosh,
You are really limiting the potential of this community to turly explode in QUALITY by not creating a private section. This section doesnt have to be a paid section but at least limited to people who have contributed value before.

Case in point two examples:
There a loads of biz forums out there but the very best content is found on the private section of it. For example, the DC (Dynamite Circle) is filled to the brim with gold where people talk freely in a trusting environment about things they would never disclose in a public forum. Another example is Enter China, the private community of the Elevator Life boys about living and doing biz in China. The calibre of content is simply phenomenal. There are a few members from here are members there and can testify to that. You can bet your life that none of them would post the same high calibte of content in a public forum! This forum is no different.

Heres a thought: give it a try for a 30 days period and see how it goes. You may very well be surprised if not astonished positively by the jump in quality in the private section. As corny as it may sound, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Additionally, I think the only area that would become private would be the travel section. It's not like prominent members would ditch the other areas of the forum. If anything, you might end up with a higher quality forum because of other men trying to get into the private travel area.

I think your greatest challenge will be deciding who does and does not get into the private area. Paid? Based on reputation? Based on travel experiences being vouched by other members?

Quote: (09-21-2013 02:17 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I think your greatest challenge will be deciding who does and does not get into the private area. Paid? Based on reputation? Based on travel experiences being vouched by other members?

I would not make it paid. Just private.

I think you should keep the bar pretty low. Anyone who is a RVF member with 20+ post would take that 7,000 members number down to probably less than 2,000.

The main goal I would think is just to make it so it is not viewable by the public and indexed by google.