rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is Sao Paulo like (in comparison to Moscow)

I am to move next year to either one of these two places as part of an international assignment for the company I am employed by. The thing is, I have lived in Russia but I have never been to Brazil to South America for that matter.

I am aware that I possible couldn't have chosen bigger opposites than these two countries/cities, so comparing is pointless, but what about game and women. What is a better territory so to say to improve my game?

When I was on Sao Paulo it seemed like it was big on social circles. Whenever I met anyone they were out in large groups.

The girls are cute for the most part. But I think Brazil is a dangerous place to be at the moment.

Personally I would go with Moscow.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Don't go to Moscow if you're not white.

Quote: (09-15-2013 11:54 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

I am white and lived in SPB.

Quote: (09-15-2013 11:15 AM)DQA Wrote:  

I am to move next year to either one of these two places as part of an international assignment for the company I am employed by. The thing is, I have lived in Russia but I have never been to Brazil to South America for that matter.

I am aware that I possible couldn't have chosen bigger opposites than these two countries/cities, so comparing is pointless, but what about game and women. What is a better territory so to say to improve my game?

It's funny but I don't think Moscow and Sao Paulo are that different. Both massive "second world" cities, with the same problems (ugly, expensive, terrible traffic, violent and dangerous in certain areas). Moscow has a far better public transportation system though (i.e., metro).

Game-wise: Sao Paulo is surely more challenging. You have a lot of competition from Brazilian guys, who go out to "hunt" and approach aggressively, as opposed to the Russian guys who don't approach at all. Also, the girls are accessible, but far more westernized than in Moscow (especially in the higher end places). An 8 or 9 in Sao Paulo is much more difficult to pick up than in Moscow (at least based on my experience) - you have to be in the right social circles.

For these factors, I'd say Sao Paulo is as good as a "game training camp" as it gets, so if you want to improve your game, that's the place to go. Be prepared to spend mad $$$ at night.

If you want to bang 7s and 8s with more ease, then surely go to Moscow. The Russian girls are hotter and more accessible anyway.

Why do you say that? I'm an American but my parents came from India. I was thinking of moving there to teach English and enjoy the women. Would it not work out for me?

Quote: (09-15-2013 05:14 PM)shotgun Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2013 11:15 AM)DQA Wrote:  

It's funny but I don't think Moscow and Sao Paulo are that different. Both massive "second world" cities, with the same problems (ugly, expensive, terrible traffic, violent and dangerous in certain areas). Moscow has a far better public transportation system though (i.e., metro).

Game-wise: Sao Paulo is surely more challenging. You have a lot of competition from Brazilian guys, who go out to "hunt" and approach aggressively, as opposed to the Russian guys who don't approach at all. Also, the girls are accessible, but far more westernized than in Moscow (especially in the higher end places). An 8 or 9 in Sao Paulo is much more difficult to pick up than in Moscow (at least based on my experience) - you have to be in the right social circles.

For these factors, I'd say Sao Paulo is as good as a "game training camp" as it gets, so if you want to improve your game, that's the place to go. Be prepared to spend mad $$$ at night.

If you want to bang 7s and 8s with more ease, then surely go to Moscow. The Russian girls are hotter and more accessible anyway.

Sounds very much like Toronto. Is class an issue in Sao Paolo? Is there s large discrepancy between the foreigners from northern Countries (Canada/USA/Europe) and locals or is that a moot difference?

Quote: (09-15-2013 09:04 PM)DjembaDjemba Wrote:  

Sounds very much like Toronto.

Have never been to Toronto so I can't comment on that. I've read some bad things about Toronto nightlife on this site. Sao Paulo's nightlife is not bad at all, but it's no Moscow either.

Quote:Quote:

Is class an issue in Sao Paolo?

Yes, it is. Social inequality is big here, and that is reflected on the general attitudes of the population.

Is there s large discrepancy between the foreigners from northern Countries (Canada/USA/Europe) and locals or is that a moot difference?

In what sense? Looks? Or value perceived?

Quote: (09-16-2013 05:52 AM)Akula Wrote:  

@Ao85 In my opinion you're dangerously close to race trolling on this and other threads (IRT?? [Image: smile.gif]).

I know you had a hard time in Moscow but FWIW I've got an Indian friend here who does reasonably well (has 3-4 girls on the go typically, he spends a lot on them though more the sponsor types typically, but he still loves it here, does well), and my Egyptian friend is getting married to a Russian girl and did ok too here. Both guys have lived here 5+ years and still like it. Just sayin' - I know it's tougher for some guys here though. But making bold statements like you just did on this thread are borderline race trolling I think, at least the way I read the forum rules and regulations, and could potentially steer guys away from coming here without getting the full picture.

@DQA as you know Moscow is a lot of fun, lots of upsides and downsides I'd say too. First off is the weather - if you're here full-time and can't get away to somewhere warm it can be brutally cold and dark in the Winter. If you're freelancing and get away say once a quarter or 3x per year it makes a big difference.

It's also expensive as hell, and the traffic can be brutal. But its a ton of fun on the weekends esp during the Summer and the girls are just much better looking than the average Anglosphere girl. Restaurants here are really good too. Its also a very interesting place to live with a decent amount of art and culture. I like it but it's not for everyone, but someone from Sao Paulo should not have too much trouble I'd think as they are both massive 2nd world cities, with Moscow arguably safer, especially in the center.

As for women, I think there are just more beautiful Caucasian and even Asian-looking women here than there are beautiful women of all types in Brazil. It's a tough call, but percentage wise I think the Russians have a higher % of beauties. I only spent a month in Brazil though. But I don't ever remember seeing anywhere near as many stunners on the streets in Brazil as I do here.

My Moscow datasheet has a lot of info I'd say :

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26844.html

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

@DQA as you know Moscow is a lot of fun, lots of upsides and downsides I'd say too. First off is the weather - if you're here full-time and can't get away to somewhere warm it can be brutally cold and dark in the Winter. If you're freelancing and get away say once a quarter or 3x per year it makes a big difference.

It's also expensive as hell, and the traffic can be brutal. But its a ton of fun on the weekends esp during the Summer and the girls are just much better looking than the average Anglosphere girl. Restaurants here are really good too. Its also a very interesting place to live with a decent amount of art and culture. I like it but it's not for everyone, but someone from Sao Paulo should not have too much trouble I'd think as they are both massive 2nd world cities, with Moscow arguably safer, especially in the center.

As for women, I think there are just more beautiful Caucasian and even Asian-looking women here than there are beautiful women of all types in Brazil. It's a tough call, but percentage wise I think the Russians have a higher % of beauties. I only spent a month in Brazil though. But I don't ever remember seeing anywhere near as many stunners on the streets in Brazil as I do here.

My Moscow datasheet has a lot of info I'd say :

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26844.html

Thanks Akula, your insights are very helpful. Having lived in SPB I know that winters can be tough and especially dark. I remember that at some point it wouldn't get light before 10.30 am.

As for prices, would you reckon prices are higher in Moscow than in SPB? Either way, my company will compensate me so I maintain the purchase power I have over here in the UK and they will also provide me with an apartment.

I don't know why, but for some reason I feel drawn towards Russia. I can read Cyrillic, but I better start taking language classes soon.

Russia nightlife is by the way the best I have ever seen. It beats places in Barcelona and London. Looking forward to meet some Russian girls again.

Quote: (09-16-2013 04:01 PM)DQA Wrote:  

Thanks Akula, your insights are very helpful. Having lived in SPB I know that winters can be tough and especially dark. I remember that at some point it wouldn't get light before 10.30 am.

As for prices, would you reckon prices are higher in Moscow than in SPB? Either way, my company will compensate me so I maintain the purchase power I have over here in the UK and they will also provide me with an apartment.

I don't know why, but for some reason I feel drawn towards Russia. I can read Cyrillic, but I better start taking language classes soon.

Russia nightlife is by the way the best I have ever seen. It beats places in Barcelona and London. Looking forward to meet some Russian girls again.

From my 3-4 trips to St. Petersburg, Moscow seems to be to be at least 25-35% more expensive on average. Nice restaurants seemed way cheaper to me in St. Petersburg, and drinks at bars/clubs were I think on average maybe 50-100 rubles cheaper? (i.e. 100-200 rubles in Peter, more like 200-300 rubles on average in Moscow, with some drinks at high end clubs like 400-500 rubles).

I'm sure Sao Paulo has gotten more expensive since I was there a few years ago, but Moscow has to be a pricier place than Sampa too. It's crazy here sometimes with how expensive things are, like rent, restaurants, and certain foods, especially once you get into the 'hard to get, out of season' fruits, vegetables and other delicacies. By that I mean strawberries and blueberries are like 2x more than in the US, and you can't get a lot of the nice imported foreign meats and cheeses in many stores and even where you can it's probably 30-40% higher than back home. Examples would be a) a 330 ruble ($10) small jar of Hummus I recently bought, b) $8-10 cashews in a jar (200 grams maybe?) and c) some 350 ruble prosciutto from an average imported Italian maker. Even a Starbucks coffee here is like 200-250 rubles which is $7-8.

All that said, if you shop at Metro or Ashan and go to the less pricey bars and clubs you can definitely eat more cheaply, you just have to pick and choose the right spots. Apartments get cheaper outside the 3rd ring and near the MKAD, but the latter is pretty far out and would be a long metro ride in. Transportation on the metro is cheap, and you can get gypsy cabs for reasonable prices ($5-15 per ride depending on how far you are going) or take the bus/trolleybus which is also cheap.

I have not been to Russia so I can't give you an accurate comparison, but I feel like people might be sleeping on Sao Paulo a little bit in this thread. I think it has some serious advantages.

-The weather is much, much nicer in the winter.
-Although it's an ugly city, you're not too far from the beach and even some nicer inland towns.
-It's easy to get to Rio, the rest of Brazil, and even other spots in South America.

I also thought the nightlife was great and the women were beautiful, but like I said, haven't been to Russia to compare. Check out some of the old data sheets and threads posted on SP if you haven't already:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2411.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-11314.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1906.html

I've been to both for a week. I speak Portuguese, but not Russian. If nightlife is important, I say Sao Paulo for the short term, Moscow if you're going long term.

I will concede the girls and the infrastructure to Moscow. But I'm going to stick up for Sao Paulo on one point. It's nightlife in Sao Paulo is consistently good throughout the week. In Moscow, the weekends are great, but the week can be slow.

In Sao Paulo, you can find clubs at maximum energy and lively bars on any day of the week. In Moscow, there was definite difference between the energy during the week and during the weekend. If I'm doing a short term stay, I'll want consistently good nightlife every day of the week to maximize my potential bangs. Long term, I don't mind if a place has hit or miss nightlife depending on the day of the week. This way, you have the greatest chance to get night bangs in a short time, or to have a good haul over the long term if you have other priorities in addition to girls.

Quote: (09-18-2013 10:29 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

I've been to both for a week. I speak Portuguese, but not Russian. If nightlife is important, I say Sao Paulo for the short term, Moscow if you're going long term.

I will concede the girls and the infrastructure to Moscow. But I'm going to stick up for Sao Paulo on one point. It's nightlife in Sao Paulo is consistently good throughout the week. In Moscow, the weekends are great, but the week can be slow.

In Sao Paulo, you can find clubs at maximum energy and lively bars on any day of the week. In Moscow, there was definite difference between the energy during the week and during the weekend. If I'm doing a short term stay, I'll want consistently good nightlife every day of the week to maximize my potential bangs. Long term, I don't mind if a place has hit or miss nightlife depending on the day of the week. This way, you have the greatest chance to get night bangs in a short time, or to have a good haul over the long term if you have other priorities in addition to girls.

These are pretty good points that I can't argue with. As Slubu found out when he was here, most of Moscow is fairly quiet Mon-Wednesday and the city goes crazy over the weekends.

Looks like I'm gunning for a Sampa trip this May. Wednesday to say a Sunday night. Let this new challenge commence....

Quote: (02-07-2014 06:56 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Looks like I'm gunning for a Sampa trip this May. Wednesday to say a Sunday night. Let this new challenge commence....

I will try to bust out an updated datasheet these coming weeks. IIRC the last one on this forum is from 2010. I have done a lot of venue experimentation last year, so I have plenty of info on SP clubs.

Thx Shotgun! Acabei de enviar uma mensagem ao teu inbox. Look forward to hearing back.

Sao Paulo has quite possibly the worst traffic in the world.

If not, its definitely a top 5 contender.

A better city if you're looking to stay away from expensive Rio is Belo Horizonte.

Quote: (02-07-2014 10:16 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Sao Paulo has quite possibly the worst traffic in the world.

If not, its definitely a top 5 contender.

A better city if you're looking to stay away from expensive Rio is Belo Horizonte.

Brigado pela dica mas ja fiz um data sheet de BH - http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-613-po...#pid470532

And...I'd go to BH again. Just need to try out Sampa for contextual purposes. Also agree Belo > Rio in terms of cost & women. Great mixture of nature, culture, people, some nightlife, and women. Missing a beach but who cares? haha

Missing a beach but who cares?

I care... those mineiras better be worth it...rs

Haven't been to Moscow yet but numerous times to Sampa and I will just say this: I dont think there's a city on this planet which can compete with the MASSIVE nightlife options that this humongous city offers. You could hit a new place every night of the week non stop for six straight months and you wouldn't be even scratching the surface of it.

Moscow might be one of the most expensive cities but Sampa is far from being cheap. It's quiet common to pay 200 , 300 up to 500 Reais entrance into a club....the talent in the high end places in SP is among the highest anywhere in the world.

Another positive point for SP is the variety of thet types of girls there, from brunettes to blondes to mulatas to blacks not to forget the Japas, the Japanese Brazilian girls which are stunning. The high end talent in SP can compete with Moscows IMO. It's that high!

Weather is of course better in SP as its warm most of the year with the exception of winter (June-aug) but nowhere near as cold as in Moscow.

Language wise Portuguese is easier to learn than Russian.

All in all, I'd say both are world class cities with fantastic women, among the very best anywhere. If you want variety and warm weather, unmatched nightlife every night if the week, with amazing beaches and sights, incredible parties and events year round like Carnaval then SP will keep you busy and very happy for 10 lifetimes easily.

Don't get me wrong I am in no way or shape or form dissing Moscow. I am very much looking forward to visiting in the very near future. I realize I may be biased as Brazil is my favorite playground and I'm Brazilian by heart but I am also a big fan of those stunning Ruskies.

I dont know, but ive been told:

[Image: apples-and-oranges-300x225.jpg]

@ VP - How are the English levels in Sampa?

My Portuguese is more than fine, but I'd like to test out some cheat lines in English west side Sampa.

Brigado pela sua opiniao.

Quote: (02-08-2014 06:41 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

the talent in the high end places in SP is among the highest anywhere in the world.

Another positive point for SP is the variety of thet types of girls there, from brunettes to blondes to mulatas to blacks not to forget the Japas, the Japanese Brazilian girls which are stunning. The high end talent in SP can compete with Moscows IMO. It's that high!

I agree that the high end from Sao Paulo can compete with Moscow's top-tier trim, but Moscow has a higher average than Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo has a slight problem with gordinhas (although not to the degree that the US does), but there are almost zero fatties in Moscow. If they do exist, they certainly stay home. Add to that Brazil's problem with butterfaces, and Moscow has an easy victory.

I actually prefer the Brazilian vibe, but there's a reason for the popularity of Russian girls

Brosemite,
English is pretty common in the middle to higher end venues with quiete a few who do speak it fluently. I personally, prefer to approach and game in Portuguese and use very little English with girls there. Like in any country, the very top talent do not as they don't need it to speak English.

Brasileiras are probably my favorite girls as they are über fun and super sexy and warm and I vibe very well with them as I love their culture and understand it. A lot of time, girls do not believe me that I'm not Brasilian. But that's a big art part of the fun with them.