rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sugar: The bitter truth

You guys should watch this video, really opened by eyes towards sugar

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

That's a long video, but I agree that sugar is toxic. I always feel less healthy when I am eating sugary or refined/processed foods.

The natural sugar that is found in fruits like berries are ok in small amounts (berries generally have the least amount of sugar). I even avoid high-sugar fruits like bananas bananas, mangoes etc...I usually don't feel well after consuming them.

Quote: (09-14-2013 04:38 PM)Spider Wrote:  

That's a long video, but I agree that sugar is toxic. I always feel less healthy when I am eating sugary or refined/processed foods.

The natural sugar that is found in fruits like berries are ok in small amounts (berries generally have the least amount of sugar). I even avoid high-sugar fruits like bananas bananas, mangoes etc...I usually don't feel well after consuming them.

Have you tried consuming them with lots of fat or protein? Eating sugar with fat and protein lowers their effective glycemic index. Eg, http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/10/2506.full

So if you're going to eat something sugary like a banana, have it with some meat or eggs.

Quote: (09-14-2013 04:44 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Have you tried consuming them with lots of fat or protein? Eating sugar with fat and protein lowers their effective glycemic index. Eg, http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/10/2506.full

So if you're going to eat something sugary like a banana, have it with some meat or eggs.

I have not tried that...but I do feel that the vitamins you can get from fruits you can also get from other foods.

I also eat Paleo and try to follow Dave Asprey's 'Bulletproof' guidelines. I don't consume grains at all - there is nothing you can get from grains that you can't get from vegetables.

Fruits taste damn good though (perhaps I'll try sprinkling some diced strawberries on my rib-eye [Image: idea.gif])

As a substitute to sugar you can use Stevia as an alternative. Below are some pros and cons:

Pros
  • Doesn't affect blood sugar
  • Won't rot your teeth
  • Has no calories
  • Sweeter than sugar
  • Found naturally in a Stevia plant from South America
Cons
  • Can cause headaches and upset stomach in some people
  • Long term safety is still in question although its FDA approved
You can read more about it here.

Quote:Quote:

Stevia is a plant that is native to South America. It is probably best known as a source of natural sweeteners. In fact, native people in South America have used stevia as a sweetener for hundreds of years. But the leaves are also used to make medicine.

Stevia is used as a weight loss aid; for treating diabetes, high blood pressure and heartburn; for lowering uric acid levels; for preventing pregnancy; and for increasing the strength of the muscle contractions that pump blood from the heart.

In foods, stevia is used as a non-caloric sweetener and flavor enhancer. Stevia was originally available as a "dietary supplement" in the U.S. It wasn’t allowed as a “food additive” until 2008. That’s when the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status to rebaudioside A, one of the chemicals in stevia that makes it sweet. Stevia is also available as a sweetener in Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Russia, Israel, Mexico, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Columbia, Brazil, and Argentina.

Quote: (09-14-2013 04:57 PM)iWin Wrote:  

As a substitute to sugar you can use Stevia as an alternative. Below are some pros and cons:

Pros
  • Doesn't affect blood sugar
  • Won't rot your teeth
  • Has no calories
  • Sweeter than sugar
  • Found naturally in a Stevia plant from South America
Cons
  • Can cause headaches and upset stomach in some people
  • Long term safety is still in question although its FDA approved
You can read more about it here.

Quote:Quote:

Stevia is a plant that is native to South America. It is probably best known as a source of natural sweeteners. In fact, native people in South America have used stevia as a sweetener for hundreds of years. But the leaves are also used to make medicine.

Stevia is used as a weight loss aid; for treating diabetes, high blood pressure and heartburn; for lowering uric acid levels; for preventing pregnancy; and for increasing the strength of the muscle contractions that pump blood from the heart.

In foods, stevia is used as a non-caloric sweetener and flavor enhancer. Stevia was originally available as a "dietary supplement" in the U.S. It wasn’t allowed as a “food additive” until 2008. That’s when the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status to rebaudioside A, one of the chemicals in stevia that makes it sweet. Stevia is also available as a sweetener in Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Russia, Israel, Mexico, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Columbia, Brazil, and Argentina.

I use Truvia. Tastes much better than plain Stevia - the combination between stevia is erythritol are very good. I use it to sweeten tea, yogurt, deserts etc. no stomach discomfort or headaches either (supposed to be super safe as well, non toxic).

Package looks like this:
[Image: truvia.jpg]

Cool, I've heard good things about Truvia, although there's some debate about whether or not its "natural". I'll have to check it out after I finish my current batch of Stevia.

Yeah, it is a pretty long video but here's the run down of it if you don't have the time -

- Fructose, which is found in Table sugar and High fructose corn syrup, consumption has greatly increased in the past 30 years coinciding with the obesity epidemic. Fructose in the wild usually has more fiber in the item than fructose, which is good as fiber acts like an antidote to the negative effects. Which is also why it is good to have a high fiber diet.

It is important to note that fructose is not glucose. Glucose is a lot healthier than fructose as glucose is our normal energy source and the body can take much larger amounts of glucose in without detrimental effects.

While people are pushing low fat diets, that is not the real problem. As studies have shown that fructose when eaten is treated as fat by the body. Also the brain does not detect fructose as being eaten. By that I mean you are still going to be hungry after eating it.

Fructose can only be metabolized by the liver. That is the only part of the body which can metabolize it. i.e it is a poison.

High fructose consumption leads to all the manifestations of the metabolic syndrome. Hypertension, Type two diabetes, obesity etc.

Fructose ingestion interferes with obesity intervention.

Fructose is alcohol without the buzz as ethanol comes from fructose. It has most of the same downsides.

Man. I thought with your user name this thread was going to be about the history and sugar industry in the DR..

Possibly with some girl pics that work in it.

Quote: (09-14-2013 06:54 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Man. I thought with your user name this thread was going to be about the history and sugar industry in the DR..

Haha, Nah I'm not even from the Dominican Republic. It's a big thing down here because a lot of people think the Dominican Republic and Dominica are the same place.

Quote: (09-14-2013 04:30 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

You guys should watch this video, really opened by eyes towards sugar

Good vid. I try to avoid sugar. BTW, I've always wanted to check out your country, the Commonwealth of Dominica.

Quote: (09-14-2013 07:07 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

Quote: (09-14-2013 06:54 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Haha, Nah I'm not even from the Dominican Republic. It's a big thing down here because a lot of people think the Dominican Republic and Dominica are the same place.
So where are you from and live? Dominica is on my radar big time

@JayMillz Yeah you should. (avoid sugar and visit)

@el mechanico I live in Portsmouth Central. Born in Dominica.

If you guys do come down, I could show you the hotspots.

@YoungD- How receptive are the local girls to foreigners? Your country is listed as one of the least traveled, with 73K visitors annually.

Quote: (09-14-2013 07:49 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

@YoungD- How receptive are the local girls to foreigners? Your country is listed as one of the least traveled, with 73K visitors annually.

Yeah, That is largely due to the fact that we do not own an international airport so the larger planes can't come here and we only have one real port for boats. So it's not that people don't want to come it's just they can't come.

Until our countries leaders take care of this problem we will probably remain on this list. Although most tourists who do visit really enjoy their stay.

'Garfors.com pointed to two glaring reasons. “The island nation is rather small without too many tourist facilities,” the site pointed out.

The second reason is the lack of proper air access. “The only commercial airport cannot handle big aircraft, so the nation is served by propellor planes only,” the site stated.'

Local girls are really receptive to foreigners, as long as you aren't a loser and/or look like one and/or talk like one you should be fine.

Quote: (09-14-2013 07:49 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I read they have a shit airport but it's one of the most naturally gifted islands unlike the DR where they've killed and eaten everything and even sharks don't troll their waters. I have a girlfriend wasperarian that lives there.

Shit airport= no big jets

Holy shit, let's go there! Uncharted territories!!!

Nothing we haven't known for half a century now:

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:04 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I've done my homework on this place but young Dominican please give us the scoop.

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:19 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:04 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I've done my homework on this place but young Dominican please give us the scoop.

It's mostly black lizards there. English speaking West Indian island..met a few of them in the dot and the Big Smoke?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

@ Eel - Yeah, I guess it's if you utilize the information or not.

@ mech - Well you are going to have to tell me what you want to know

@Moma - Haha, what do you mean black lizards and what were the Dominicans you met like?

Best places for foreigners to stay

Which dating sites the locals use

What could we pack in a suitcase to make money selling

Dating rituals? Dos and donts

The best place is Picard, which is basically in Portsmouth. The reason for this is it has the best apartments as there is an American university which is located in Picard (ROSS). Which is also another good reason, there are a lot of students to try to game. Picard has a lot of student parties and hang out bars. It is the best place to stay hands down.

I am not sure what dating sites we use, I would say facebook if any. If there are any dating sites I'm not aware of them, you could maybe check out okcupid to see if you find any on there.

To sell, I would probably bring some kind of up to date gadget. As the Customs charge harshly on these items most people look for people to bring it down for them. So you could make a reasonable amount of money selling it on the ' Dominican craiglist ' page on facebook. I will try to find out more about this.

Do's

- Dress properly, by that I mean you have to dress fresh to be taking seriously
- Depending on the length of your stay you will probably want to rent a transport this will add to your presumed worth, I'm cool with a lot of important people down here I could get you a discount.
- Run your normal game

Don't

- Nothing new that you shouldn't do any way with normal women

Awesome! We have zero intel on your island anything you have to share is appreciated +1 from me to get the ball rolling.