rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Belgrade Summer Nightlife Guide

I lived in belgrade for 3 months in the summer of 2010. Serbian women are some of the hottest in the world and 70% of the people speak good English. However, the clubs are the worst I have ever been to for pick up.

The nightlife is divided into seasons. During the summer, the only clubs that are open are called "splav" which means raft. All the clubs inside normal buildings are closed during the summer. Don't make the mistakes I made and try to show up to some cool club you read about on the interwebs (Stefan Braun for example) because you can expect it to be closed. I have no idea what winter nightlife is like. I suspect I would actually like it more than the summer.

MUSIC
The clubs play either house or turbofolk (awful Serbian pop music). Women like the turbofolk so those places have more women but the music might make you want to kill yourself. On Weds and Sundays you can find Hip Hop nights.

THE SPLAVI
Splavi are barges floating on one of the two rivers that disect the city. There are two main areas of splavi: One in Zemun by hotel Jugoslavia and the other in New Belgrade. There are 5 or so splav clubs in each of these areas. Both areas are pretty similar. Zemun area is bigger.

I hate Splav dispite them being filled with tons of super hot women. They are tiny, usually packed and unbelievably loud. My friend and I can barely talk to each other in one and we are loud as fuck. There is no hope of pulling off any verbal gaming in these places. Furthermore, none of them have any actual dancefloors. Its just tables and people kind of dance in between them and around the bar areas. I went to so many different ones and they are all about the same. The busiest one with the hottest women is Blaywatch in Zemun which plays turbofolk.

If you want to be able to game, I recommend coming early. The clubs get busy about 1am and opens around 11pm. between 11-1 the music slowly gets louder and louder until it is impossible to communicate with anyone after 1am.

THE KALEMEGDAN FORTRESS
There are two outdoor clubs in the fortress. Bitef Art Cafe summer plays rock cover band stuff. It is alright but the women are not nearly as hot as they are at the raft clubs. THE ONLY GOOD PICK UP VENUE is Cinema in the fortress. Its a big open air club/lounge place. It has cover bands playing. Its not too loud and there are hot chics. Its only busy on the weekends.

SILICON VALLEY
The collection of high end bars on Strahinjica Bana street in Old Belgrade is called silicon valley. The places are all low energy with everyone seated. There are hot girls here out with their girlfriends for a few coctails. I met a serbian pop singer and models by going out here. My favorite bar here is called Luigi's get a "blue frog shaker" its good stuff.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this.

Good and accurate review

Extra: there's a hipster party usually ever friday in the north west portion of the fortress. outdoors, midnight until 4am

Good work on bringing the Data Sheets.

Time to bump this thread as the Blitz Of Belgrade is coming up.

Also the exit music festival is kicking off soon.

Details in the blitz thread.

PM me if you are in.

Quote:Quote:

MUSIC
The clubs play either house or turbofolk (awful Serbian pop music). Women like the turbofolk so those places have more women but the music might make you want to kill yourself. On Weds and Sundays you can find Hip Hop nights.

I love you, finally some foreigner who realizes how fucked up turbofolk is. It is very widespread around the Balkans, including my country too. Before you, I actually heard some foreigners listen to it and say "it seems kinda cool" [Image: tongue.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Important update : 2-3 months ago they changed the law here and nightlife now closes early and pretty much sucks

I was in Pristina, Kosovo before I came to Belgarade for Thus-Sunday and the Wednesday night in Pristina rocked compared to Fri-Sat night in Belgrade.

The nightlife in Belgrade is not dead don't get me wrong but the recent law change delivered it a serious kick in the balls.

Oh well... if you are on vacation or don't work a 9-5 job at all, then sure, it's better for the clubs to stay open all night. It's not like you have to get up early the next day, anyway.
But if you are a local, it works much better if there is a decent closing time - something like 2-3am.
This sets a time constraint for a girl to make up her mind whether she goes home with you or not. In places where it's party-till-the-sun-comes-up, much too often I'd be getting somewhere with a girl, but she wants to stay and dance, while I want to actually get the bang and then catch some sleep and do something the next day (either work, or go to the beach, or whatever).
So I can totally see how it makes sense for a city to enact a new law and limit bar hours, especially on a Wednesday - who cares if Wednesday night ends at 2am instead of 6am - I imagine the city wants its citizens to show up at work on Thursday, right?

Erm, apart from the weekend, everything closes and is dead by midnight - not 2 or 3am.

The only exceptions are the boats on the river and even they were really quiet.

Yeah I was told the boats were the place to be in Belgrade went down one night to find them very quiet. Had trouble finding good night life in Belgrade, hostel owner told us Studenski Trig had loads of good bars, fucked if we could find any.

This is a tragedy. Belgrade may have had the best nightlife in the Balkans.

The laws were quickly passed and there has been a few public "protests" on the issue. The better bars imo were in residential neighborhoods. Venues without that god awful turbofolk. I haven't been there in six months, but I'm told some places just keep on going after midnight, with the music volume turned way down.

Novi Sad remains unaffected by all of this, I guess it'll even benefit.