rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

presidentcarter moves to Moscow

I'm going to remain a little vague about the details, but it's just been confirmed that my boots will be on the ground to stay in Moscow as of mid October.

I can't fucking wait!

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

-

Admit it. You also thought this thread was about President Jimmy Carter expatriating to Russia.

I am so fucking jealous right now. Hats off to you, good sir.

[Image: clap2.gif]

Get ready for a wonderful time in your life.

Awesome man. Any idea how long you will be staying? Have you been there before?

Huzzah! Way to make it happen.

Congrats bro have fun!

You going to do a live update piece a-la slubu/fisto/Ali style?

Congrats. I remember talking to you about this a year ago at the DC Meetup, and you made it happen.

[Image: agree.gif]

what's your setup mr president?

moscow is expensive yo.

Besides girls what's the upside to living in Russia or Ukraine? This is just about girls right?

Quote: (09-13-2013 01:08 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Besides girls what's the upside to living in Russia or Ukraine? This is just about girls right?

Moscow:
- Business Opps

Ukraine:
- Cheap

Both:
- Directness of people, no bullshit fakeness (if that bothers you, like it does me)

But yes, the girls are a rather massive upside. So much so it outweighs all the negatives. At least for me.

What is the local food like in both places?

Also, how well stocked are the grocery stores compared to the US? Good luck trying to find something like lean ground beef or whole wheat tortillas in Bangkok.

Hell, some days I go to the store and they dont even have broccoli.

Food in Moscow is generally good in restaurants, although service is spotty. As far as grocery stores, high end stores like 7th Continent will typically have all your needs met, but it will be pricy. Produce is more expensive than in the US. Foreign brands can be 3x as much as local brands, e.g. Tropicana Juice vs. Industrial Squeezade. The grocery store I went to when I was there had pretty much everything you could want, comparable to US stores.

As of now, I'll be there indefinitely. Probably a few years at least.

I've never been anywhere other than Western Europe and speak only very basic Russian, so that should make for an interesting first few months.

I'm there mainly for the adventure, to learn the language, and to try and bang some broads. I'd like to be able to transition into a role there in my field (banking, finance, etc) once I'm there for a while, but until then I'll be teaching English (surprise surprise).

I'm not the rich man I used to be and will be living a pretty spartan existence. My housing, albeit it soviet style, will be provided so that's a big expense I won't have to worry about. My pay will be shit though, at least until I can supplement it with other gigs.

So yeah...not planning on going out huge every weekend and blowing wads of cash. I'll be going at it in a much slower, gradual way a la Roosh's "What's The Rush" article. I'll spend my time studying the language, making sure I am delivering at my job, working out, and doing my best to game the women that cross my path day to day.

Food wise...I'm sure "exotic" things like bananas are $$$ or impossible to find but hey, I heard you can buy a sack of potatoes for like $1 so I'll just carb load all the time.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

There's bananas, don't worry. [Image: smile.gif] Do you know where your housing will be? In the ring or out of the ring (i.e. metro ring)?

I'm sure you can get cheap vodka.

Might go blind though.

Quote: (09-13-2013 01:46 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

As of now, I'll be there indefinitely. Probably a few years at least.

Sounds like a future Russia expert in the making. Looking forward to the reports about your journey.

[Image: youtheman.gif]

Welcome to hottie Heaven!!) You won't regret it, no matter what happens it will be a great life experience I'm sure.

We have bananas here too!! But you can forget about artificial sweeteners or inexpensive fruits and vegetables out of season))

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Well it will be very interesting to see what a frugal life style in Moscow is like vs. non-frugal tourist lifestyle. I really hope you keep some kind of diary thread, as many of us will be interested. Hell, slubu will probably move in with you soon. [Image: wink.gif]

Good luck bro I'm in the US now but sometimes I wish I never left Russia as things were getting better for me while I was there. I love the place and will visit again someday. You'll definitely lose weight while you're their the foreign foods are expensive the local foods are cheap but shitty the Russian knock offs for coke and ruffles was terrible and the real coke and ruffles wasn't always stocked and when stocked was double the price. You better learn to cook before you go experiment and check out ALL the different food markets because some carry some things that others don't as its not all uniform like here in the US 7-11 or winn-dixie. There are a lot more upsides than just the girls. Russian society is overall more honest as the government doesn't have the credit to create financial bubbles like they do in the US. You can be a real self-made man there plenty of opportunities are available like in real-estate, entertainment, etc., they are at replacement level now birth rate wise so we'll see.

Quote: (09-13-2013 02:12 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Well it will be very interesting to see what a frugal life style in Moscow is like vs. non-frugal tourist lifestyle. I really hope you keep some kind of diary thread, as many of us will be interested. Hell, slubu will probably move in with you soon. [Image: wink.gif]

I'll probably do a diary thread if not a blog. Lothario had told me that me and slubu look alike. Maybe we can run some twin game. I'll even pretend to be from Cali. [Image: wink.gif]

Seriously though what kind of response will I get when I tell them I'm from Alabama? This?

[Image: whoa.gif]

Yeah I have met both Slubu and presidentcarter, Both are solid players they have the same height and built and features but what do I know , to me all the white boys look the same except Ali [Image: smile.gif] ........ JK .....

It would be epic to see both Slubu and president carter doing some damage together in the motherland.

Yo President I am tuned to your thread now ......

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Good luck in Moscow, I have a question for you Slavophiles, have any of you ever checked out professional hockey games while in Russia? If I ever make it over there (which I'm tempted to after reading all of these Russia threads), I'd definitely go to some Russian super league games as its the second best hockey in the world after the NHL. If I ever decided to stay there for a few months, I'd probably take my hockey gear with me and play some pick up games or even join a league, seems like it would be a good way to make some friends and stay in shape.

Quote: (09-13-2013 03:30 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Good luck in Moscow, I have a question for you Slavophiles, have any of you ever checked out professional hockey games while in Russia? If I ever make it over there (which I'm tempted to after reading all of these Russia threads), I'd definitely go to some Russian super league games as its the second best hockey in the world after the NHL. If I ever decided to stay there for a few months, I'd probably take my hockey gear with me and play some pick up games or even join a league, seems like it would be a good way to make some friends and stay in shape.

yeah I've been to a KHL game - was pretty good hockey. I saw CSKA Moscow play Spartak a couple years ago when Hasek was in goal for Spartak and Yashin was playing too. There are a lot of ex-NHLers playing for the Russian teams. Not NHL like exactly but certainly high quality. They play on a bigger international rink so it's a little less hitting but faster and still fun to watch. I would def go again if somebody wanted to hit up a game.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Congrats! I just moved to London but I am expected to move next year to Moscow too. So I'm excited to read your stories until I move there myself.

Quote: (09-13-2013 03:30 PM)scotian Wrote:  

You sound so fucking Canadian in this post...... [Image: biggrin.gif]

*Why do Canadians do it doggy style?

So they can both watch the hockey game....