rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Professional Networking

This was mentioned in the thread about what one would do if he lost his job.

We should use this forum as an excellent networking opportunity.

I'm young and work in IT at a large corporation so my networking opportunities have pretty weak with making good connections on the outside.

What's a good way to bring us together and actually create a real networking opportunity for all of us to benefit?

Side note before I forget, we will need to be careful about the trolls that lurk on the outside as well. I can see someone posting a list of all our names and locations on Jizzabel for the online world to harass.

Without a members-only locked and troll-free forum (hard to do...you'd have to vet the applicants thoroughly)...the best way to do this is PM someone and eventually exchange emails, etc. if you're on the same page.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Great idea but as mentioned, this would have to be a kind of a private community where members would be screened carefully.

Quote: (09-12-2013 12:46 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Side note before I forget, we will need to be careful about the trolls that lurk on the outside as well. I can see someone posting a list of all our names and locations on Jizzabel for the online world to harass.

Quote:Quote:

Criminal law: This branch of law determines which actions are crimes against the state. In criminal law, there are two approaches to cyberbullying:
Harassment is a crime under the Criminal Code. Harassment is when something a person says or does makes someone fear for his or her safety, or for the safety of others. Even if the perpetrator did not intend to frighten someone, she or he can be charged with harassment if the target feels threatened. Criminal harassment is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Defamatory libel is a crime under the Criminal Code. It is most often treated as a crime if the libellous statement is directed against a person in authority and could seriously harm his or her reputation. Defamatory libel is punishable by up to five years in prison.

I'm not a legal eagle, but if they were to out a member, I'm sure one of the wack jobs would overstep the law. I wish one of the lawyers could give some insight. One group found Matt Forneys old phone number and spread it. These people aren't smart enough to not do something stupid. Fanatics can't think rationally.

We had this discussion on another thread. I'm all for it. Normally members that's been around the forum for a bit will email others, which leads to personal emails, phone numbers, meetups, ect.

Yeah I've swapped emails, and sometimes phone numbers when relevant, with quite a few members. This is the only way I'd feel comfortable outside of a locked section of the forum. Even then, you don't know to what lengths our opponents are willing to go. Especially as the movement grows.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

That's what something like Dynamite Circle is for.

I really see the beginnings of an influential secret society here. People may vilify and laugh at us now, but I can tell you that they won't be laughing when the young guys reading RVF and ROK start taking power in society. All the elements for the creation of such a society are already present: we possess "forbidden" knowledge and are persecuted for it, are outside the orthodox mainstream, and most of us (or at least I do) strongly believe in hierarchical organizational structures.
I've been doing a lot of reading lately on religious and military orders of the past to get an idea of what makes a successful secret society. The military and religious orders of medieval Christendom and Islam are especially interesting to me.

One society that was very interesting was a mysterious fraternity called the "Brethren of Purity", or in Arabic, Ikhwan as-Safa'. They were so secret that even now not a great deal is known about them, but they were big believers in spreading privileged or "gnostic" knowledge to men they thought worthy of knowing it. Their entire approach was frankly "elitist". We know about them from some collected writings that have survived in various volumes of letters (rasa'il). One letter openly talks about their secrecy:

"Know, my pious and merciful brother, that we do not hide our secrets from the people out of fear from the powers of the world, or to avoid inciting the masses. But we hide them to protect [special] gifts to us, as [the Prophet] exhorted us: don't let wisdom fall into the hands of those who do not deserve it, for that is an injustice to it, and don't withhold it from the men who deserve it, for that is an injustice to them."
[Rasa'il #4]

The purpose of the society was apparently to "free" fellow members from their limiting beliefs and help them achieve their full potential with gnostic knowledge. They saw the average man as "prisoners, strangers in the prison of nature and shipwrecks in the sea of matter". Access to special knowledge could help the elect achieve "salvation". If you strip away the cultural context here, this sounds a lot to me like blue pill/red pill talk.

The society apparently had degrees of initiation, but fostered an atmosphere of tolerance for all members and a hunger for knowledge from any source: travel, life, science, philosophy, theurgy, etc. Although they were nominally Muslims, they intensely studied other belief systems and religions, and considered themselves "eclectics". All in all, it seems a lot like Freemasonry.

I guess my point is that we can learn a great deal from the secret societies of the past. It's becoming more and more obvious that the level of intolerance toward red-pill knowledge is only going to grow, and the system seeks to stamp out any disobedient sectors of the population (us). As we become more and more in the minority, it becomes more and more necessary to protect the flame of wisdom from expiring in this New Dark Age we live in.

You should be meeting guys in real life.

I have met several RVF members. When my friends were having a party, I use the services of one of those members (McQueen) even though I could have handled the planning myself.

If you are not buying manosphere authors' books and trying to hook guys up whenever possible, then you are part of the problem and not the solution.

I agree with the OP, some form of networking here (non-anonymous) would be a great resource.

I'm always looking for well-traveled sales execs for offices in Europe, and the best ones, 99.9% of the time, are red pillers who are able to game and convince.

Maybe a locked section that can only be entered after a certain rep or post threshhold, or by personal invites from moderators only? With a few layers of vetting, I'm sure it could be kept safe.

everyone get on linked-in and then start approving skills of other members, soon we'd have all our skills vouched for

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

PM is right now the best option for this, though it has its limitations. I will think of ways to implement this type of feature without hurting privacy of members.