rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stare down or not to stare down?

Is staring contest good or bad for your game?

Yesterday working out in the gym. I'm not buffed up type, just began working out months ago, I'm tall though. I wanted to do some shoulder press on the machine but I was still recovering from previous exercise. So I sat down, looked straight ahead. From the corner of my eye, I see cute, brunnete, tall, almost Russian like body staring me down. I'm first like, one second eye contact then brake it off, but she was still staring me down. So I turned my head again and we stared like 8 seconds. Then she breaks eye contact and me too.

I always catch girls staring at me, usually when I turn my head, they quickly brake off.. and sometimes I can see they are embarrassed while they are looking at the ground because they are caught. After that they act like I don't exist.

She was done with her exercise. She was walking in my direction, I turn my head, bam, caught her again staring, and she brakes eye contact again but this time, which I don't often get, with a bitchy look. I raise my hand and then point to her earbuds, she pulls one out. I say," what kind of music are you listening?" She says "Daft Punk."... I say "that is good music to listen to when working out".

So, I opened her she was walking and I was sitting. Meanwhile I had an audience of 5 guys there. I was kind of nervous because this is the first time I open in a gym with audience. Additionally I was stunned by her body. She was thin long legs, her ass and little boobs were all accentuating her long legs.

I proceed: then I say "have you been working out here long?", she says "for about 6 months".. I'm thinking what to say next.. before I know she continues her walk. After that I didn't approach her anymore.

So to sum it up.
1. Is having a staring contest good or bad for your game?
2. Is catching girls staring at you good or bad for your game?
3. How could I have prelonged to conversation with that brunette girl in the gym? I was stall or I'm to slow to follow up.

Staring is an IOI - if she's staring at you for some time then that means it's time to game. It's good for your game; catching them staring at you, and if they pass your boner test, approaching them is good for your game.
About that brunette, you should've approached the first time and your questions sound forced and generic, something any other guy would've asked, but just keep approaching, nothing useful comes overnight, and approaching and talking will become as natural to you as breathing. The secret to talking is in "threading" (it's desribed in Bang, I forgot the name) - finding a "hook" and then developing a new "thread" based on that "hook" instead of talking about the same story; for example a story about a hospital may go like this: hospital-nurse-bed-missing your bed at home-wanting a beer from your fridge-drinking beer with your friends at a bar...
Just remember, any topic that you feel is shameful WILL become shameful - if you feel there's no shame at all in talking about how you clogged the toilet after a bad meal, and you act like it's no big deal and you a comfortable talking about it, then it's not at all an embarrasing topic - just like kids teasing one another, the more you complain, the more embarrasing it becomes, and more and more kids join in on the fun, while ignoring it completely and acting like it's no big deal makes the other kids stop teasing you almost immediately.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

1. yes, but don't just stare...look away and then look back or while holding your stare make a smirk or smile her way then look away.
2. yes, you want them to stare at you. peacock out! lol
3. Usually I ramble on so she has no choice but to stop and listen/chat. You'll know sooner then later whether she's worth pursuing by her body and facial expressions. the key is to work on the social skills and not think of what to say, just let it come naturally. you're already doing more then the other loser's just standing on the sidelines watching your interaction.

Quote: (09-10-2013 10:56 AM)mental Wrote:  

Staring is an IOI - if she's staring at you for some time then that means it's time to game. It's good for your game; catching them staring at you, and if they pass your boner test, approaching them is good for your game.
What is boner test? LOL [Image: smile.gif]

Quote:Quote:

About that brunette, you should've approached the first time and your questions sound forced and generic, something any other guy would've asked, but just keep approaching, nothing useful comes overnight, and approaching and talking will become as natural to you as breathing.
Thanks, that is true. Most of the things I learnt I only know because I was in the situation and tried it out.

The secret to talking is in "threading" (it's desribed in Bang, I forgot the name) - finding a "hook" and then developing a new "thread" based on that "hook" instead of talking about the same story; for example a story about a hospital may go like this: hospital-nurse-bed-missing your bed at home-wanting a beer from your fridge-drinking beer with your friends at a bar...
Thanks for reminding. If I remember threading is like linking. You start on one topic, when you open that topic, new possible topics can appear while you are talking and then you continue to the topic you choose when you finished with current topic. Do I understand the concept?

Just remember, any topic that you feel is shameful WILL become shameful - if you feel there's no shame at all in talking about how you clogged the toilet after a bad meal, and you act like it's no big deal and you a comfortable talking about it, then it's not at all an embarrasing topic - just like kids teasing one another, the more you complain, the more embarrasing it becomes, and more and more kids join in on the fun, while ignoring it completely and acting like it's no big deal makes the other kids stop teasing you almost immediately.
So how would you have approached the conversation? From start to finish. I like to see how you would lead the conversation [Image: smile.gif]

It is true that I sometimes jump from topic to topic without threading/linking. I have to learn natural conversation.

Quote: (09-10-2013 12:40 PM)Deacon0228 Wrote:  

1. yes, but don't just stare...look away and then look back or while holding your stare make a smirk or smile her way then look away.
I did this.

2. yes, you want them to stare at you. peacock out! lol
[/quote]
I agree

3. Usually I ramble on so she has no choice but to stop and listen/chat. You'll know sooner then later whether she's worth pursuing by her body and facial expressions. the key is to work on the social skills and not think of what to say, just let it come naturally. you're already doing more then the other loser's just standing on the sidelines watching your interaction.

Would you give me example how you would have lead the conversation from start to finish? Continue where I stalled [Image: smile.gif]

Boner test.....

Verb/noun/adjective: A test to see if the girl is able to give you hard on. If she can get you hard, she passes the test and is fuckable. If not, next.

Tasha has a nice rick on the skinny body *hard on*...she passes the boner test.

Lindy West DOES NOT pass the boner test.

http://www.rooshv.com/the-boner-test

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (09-10-2013 05:06 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Boner test.....

Verb/noun/adjective: A test to see if the girl is able to give you hard on. If she can get you hard, she passes the test and is fuckable. If not, next.

You mean while she has her clothes on?

Quote: (09-10-2013 05:09 PM)Videl Wrote:  

Quote: (09-10-2013 05:06 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Boner test.....

You mean while she has her clothes on?

That depends on you. The question is...are you sexually attracted to her?

I'll leave a passage from the link

I once had a lady friend who would write my school papers, sew my torn jeans, cut my hair, cook me dinners at her house, teach me to drive manual transmission, and ask to spend the bulk of her free time to be with me. She easily had the best personality I’ve ever encountered on a girl, and yet, I never made a move on her. It didn’t matter how great she was, but she didn’t pass the boner test.

The strength of my boner completely determines both my desire and ability to have sex. If I saw a man making out with a crossed-eye unattractive girl, I used to have the same reaction as everyone else: “disgusting.” Now I think, “She’s gross, but at least she can pass some man’s boner test.” That is what counts because all boners are equal in the eyes of god.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

If you get caught in a staring contest, immediately start approaching and keep eye contact locked if she breaks it, still keep it if she looks again.

Open her with a friendly joke about how she must love staring contests. Offer to have another one. Make her flinch during the second contest with a hand wave in her face so you win and she calls you for out cheating.

Never pass up this type of opportunity, it won't be anymore obvious unless she bumps you walking by with her tits and says hello or asks a question.

Guys are always at their best player-dom when they are fun and aggressive. Surprising a girl and putting her out of her comfort zone puts you in control. I also think you approaching and standing taller over her with a fun smirk exudes much more dominance that sitting and trying to catch her attention while she strolls by.

I also think questions are a tough road to go down. Making statements about what you noticed about her is semi-direct and I think a great way to day game confidently. Girls love having things noticed about them, they all work so hard for attention. Give it to them in small bites, they will want more.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

She wants fun, flirtatious, and aggressive. Do not ask questions. Keep giving semi-direct statements and if one avenue shuts down, you simply reframe into a new conversation, drop a non-sequitur, suddenly 'remember' a funny story, mention that cool place you were just at, whatever you can think of.

I can walk up to any girl in a bar and start a ~5 minute+ conversation, guaranteed, that she will actively participate in. Be an interesting person and it gets easier and easier with time. I don't care if she's a doctor, model, lawyer [ick], waitress, marketer, hr drone, athlete, au pair, nanny, librarian, editrix, graphic designer, tailor, or pizza pie delivery gal. If you are interesting, they will be interested it speaking with you and trying to figure you out -- even if their boyfriend just stepped outside to make a call. Or especially then.

My rule is -if I catch an attractive girl looking at me I stare her down and make her break eye contact first. Letting a girl win a staring contest with you is letting her win a dominance contest which is not attractive to her. The bolder girls will hold your gaze for a remarkably long time-maybe testing you- don't back down.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

If a woman is staring at you, you should probably walk up and talk to her.

If you catch her looking at you and she looks away and then looks at you again, you should definitely walk up and talk to her.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

If you ever see a woman staring at you, immediately go over. It's not even a question. {Assuming she's worthy, obvs]

Quote: (09-17-2013 02:09 AM)horn Wrote:  

If you ever see a woman staring at you, immediately go over. It's not even a question. {Assuming she's worthy, obvs]

Go over and say what? Why you are looking at me?

Quote: (09-17-2013 04:42 AM)Videl Wrote:  

start with
"Hi, I'm Videl. What's your name?"

I think it is totally fine to say "I couldn't help but notice you looking in my direction."

Since you are at the gym, you can say, "I am doing a workout right now and have to get back to it, but can I get your phone number to meet up later?"(assuming she passes the boner test)

The art of eye-fu*king, as I sometimes call it. I've been fortunate where I've had a lot of hot chicks do that to me at work, back in college, bars, etc. The whole, staring at you hard, stuff. But I've been unfortunate where I capitalize on less than 5% of those instances. Almost defeats the purpose. Lol.

I think girls are intrigued by the mystery of "I wonder what he's all about". But when you do approach them, they snap out of the trance and it almost makes you seem "single and available" in a sense, where you may not be as wanted as you were 60 seconds before that. It's an interesting strategy to master, turning eye contact into a phone number or date.

Quote: (09-17-2013 04:42 AM)Videl Wrote:  

3-5 second rule always applies.

1) Hi, my name is X.'
then you can ask for theirs, or not, depending on how you plan to frame the convo. This is pretty failsafe. If you don't hit it off OMG you still opened a girl!

2) I noticed you looking in my direction, let's introduce ourselves.'
Again, you can go first or wait. Anticipation is good.

go cocky-funny:
3) 'Are you Mrs. Horn?' "No...."
'Oh, ok, I thought you were someone else. My name is Mr. Horn...'

Sometimes I start the eye fuck, then they stare back. I think part of it is it's just fun for them to toy with the guy. Always approach though.

Take care of those titties for me.