rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which opener could I have used at the security check?

I was inside a club and I was standing in the line to go through the security check. There were a group of girls in front of me. A group of 3. There were to two security ports, so two lines.

The 3 girls were at the other line. 2 went through security but for some reason the 3th girl got delayed. She wanted to take my spot while she was standing in the other row, to catch up with her friends, then hesitated and pulled back.

I told her" if you want to go first that is ok with me."
She told me "no it is ok, it doesn't matter". She gave my a good 5 seconds eye contact and welcoming smile plus giggle. I think she wanted me to opener her but I was thinking about which opener I wanted to use. Before I knew it she was already gone to catch up with her friends.

Which opener could I have used here. The two generic openers: "you look like you are having fun" doesn't make sense using while standing in the line. Asking her "Are you from ..." didn't also make sense since she was obviously local. Which opener could I have used?

Haha, I HATE when I get ambushed by a girl who's IOIing like crazy.

I want to decide on a go-to generic that I can muster the brainpower to blurt out no matter how gorgeous she is.

The most toally versatile I can think of is "Hi. What' s your name."

Actually, that beings back a story I heard. I had a female friend who had hit the Wall hard, but had once been a big slut and fucked an NBA player who picked her up cold as he as driving by.

I badgered her until she remember what were the exact first words he said to her. I wanted a reference from the top.

"What's your name?"

Do cognitive rehearsal ahead of time. Visualize being stunned by a hot girl, feeling numb, but still saying "What's you name?" with a smile.

Personal but not intimidating. A "within normal limits" action in all times and places. If she doesn't like that, she is NOT into you.

"What kind of friends just leave you behind like that? Let's go find you some better ones." And when she laughs, add "you can pay me in beer"

Quote: (09-08-2013 02:47 PM)pointbreak Wrote:  

"What kind of friends just leave you behind like that? Let's go find you some better ones." And when she laughs, add "you can pay me in beer"

No, they were not that far away, hehe

Quote: (09-08-2013 02:42 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Haha, I HATE when I get ambushed by a girl who's IOIing like crazy.

I want to decide on a go-to generic that I can muster the brainpower to blurt out no matter how gorgeous she is.

The most toally versatile I can think of is "Hi. What' s your name."

Actually, that beings back a story I heard. I had a female friend who had hit the Wall hard, but had once been a big slut and fucked an NBA player who picked her up cold as he as driving by.

I badgered her until she remember what were the exact first words he said to her. I wanted a reference from the top.

"What's your name?"

Do cognitive rehearsal ahead of time. Visualize being stunned by a hot girl, feeling numb, but still saying "What's you name?" with a smile.

Personal but not intimidating. A "within normal limits" action in all times and places. If she doesn't like that, she is NOT into you.
Hey, that is a good way to handle it. It is soo simple, I don't know why I just didn't ask her name but.... how do I proceed after asking her name?

Dude, even better if they're right there. Make a scene about standing in between them and say something like "look at your friends ditching you like that...here, come with my crew, no need to thank me" loud enough so the girls behind you can hear you and go "omg nooo we're not ditching her, we're right here" *giggle*
It sets a playful mood and your bros can now join you from the line and the two groups can hang out; that way you don't have to entertain everyone the whole time and can focus on your girl, after having shown social proof by being the one who got the two groups to hang out in the first place.
Obviously this exact situation won't present itself again but you get the idea. Playful yet dominant.

Out of the blue, belt out:

"If these people knew who I was, I wouldn't be standing in line with the commoners."

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:35 PM)pointbreak Wrote:  

Dude, even better if they're right there. Make a scene about standing in between them and say something like "look at your friends ditching you like that...here, come with my crew, no need to thank me" loud enough so the girls behind you can hear you and go "omg nooo we're not ditching her, we're right here" *giggle*
It sets a playful mood and your bros can now join you from the line and the two groups can hang out; that way you don't have to entertain everyone the whole time and can focus on your girl, after having shown social proof by being the one who got the two groups to hang out in the first place.
Obviously this exact situation won't present itself again but you get the idea. Playful yet dominant.

This is excellent in that situation, but not generic. The reason I'm "selling" "What's your name?" is that he sounds like he's freezing up when ambushed.

"WYN" can be used anywhere anytime. Even when a fucking plane is circling down to a crash landing hahahah

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:41 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Out of the blue, belt out:

"If these people knew who I was, I wouldn't be standing in line with the commoners."

Hilarious.

Guys, I don't have problem with opener actually, I could also have asked "How is your night?", "what is your name" or something similar.. No need to make it complicated.

The thing is like XXL said in my other post is leading the conversation. How do I lead the conversation from talking about superficial things like "how are you doing?", "what is your name?" to lively conversation and make report? It seems I lack intuition

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:24 PM)Videl Wrote:  

Hey, that is a good way to handle it. It is soo simple, I don't know why I just didn't ask her name but.... how do I proceed after asking her name?

Well, I was just thinking of a universally usable response when you're "ambushed" and her beauty is just blanking your mind.

If you get a good reponse with pupil dilation ( sounds like it was already happening) learn to make comments about a shared situation you're in.

The hard part is you can't always come up with something witty, so just say something about a situation that's obviously true.

For instance in that situation "Seems like it's a bit hard to actually get into the place."

Just a factual comment, usually you can come up with somehting like that even if you're a bit stunned.

Stunned is not bad. It means your genetics are responding to hers.

Even going clumsy direct is better than silence. The chances of her asking your number unless you are a gorgeous 6'4" model are less than ~1/100.

The chances of her responding with her number to a FIRST SENTENCE "You're cute, want to come here and dance with me some time?" are way better than 1/100. If you're good looking and within 2 notches (12 years) of her age-bracket its probably at least 1/5 .

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:47 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:35 PM)pointbreak Wrote:  

This is excellent in that situation, but not generic. The reason I'm "selling" "What's your name?" is that he sounds like he's freezing up when ambushed.

"WYN" can be used anywhere anytime. Even when a fucking plane is circling down to a crash landing hahahah

You are hella funny guy [Image: tongue.gif]

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:50 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2013 03:24 PM)Videl Wrote:  

Well, I was just thinking of a universally usable response when you're "ambushed" and her beauty is just blanking your mind.

If you get a good reponse with pupil dilation ( sounds like it was already happening) learn to make comments about a shared situation you're in.

The hard part is you can't always come up with something witty, so just say something about a situation that's obviously true.

For instance in that situation "Seems like it's a bit hard to actually get into the place."

Just a factual comment, usually you can come up with somehting like that even if you're a bit stunned.

Stunned is not bad. It means your genetics are responding to hers.

Even going clumsy direct is better than silence. The chances of her asking your number unless you are a gorgeous 6'4" model are less than ~1/100.

The chances of her responding with her number to a FIRST SENTENCE "You're cute, want to come here and dance with me some time?" are way better than 1/100. If you're good looking and within 2 notches (12 years) of her age-bracket its probably at least 1/5 .
So, I first make small talk about the surrounding, chit chat, and then drop conversation baits in the conversation about myself, right?

I'm a guy who asks more questions than talk. I need to loose this bad habit. Actually now I train myself to use more baits then questions in conversation. It is something you need to train yourself.

But in those situations it is very hard to come up with ad-hoc things to say. I don't know how some guys pull it off but they start talking and never stop.

You should have been like, "They give a really good pat down here." or, "Hey can you hold my drugs for me? I'll hook you up when I get inside." Or, "You know if you wanted my number you could have just asked inside you didn't have to ditch your two friends to ask me for it."

Quote: (09-08-2013 05:54 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

You should have been like, "They give a really good pat down here." or, "Hey can you hold my drugs for me? I'll hook you up when I get inside." Or, "You know if you wanted my number you could have just asked inside you didn't have to ditch your two friends to ask me for it."

How would you procede after that?