rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rant: Whiny feminists again

Whiny feminists are at it again, this time complaining about Penny Arcade's Dickwolves (note: This is something which originally happened years ago, but the femnazis are still complaining about it).

It starts off with a joke that:

1. Only mentions rape in passing
  2. Does not in any way condone rape
Just in case the militant femnazi taliban manages to delete this page, I am including that joke that upset them here:

[Image: attachment.jpg14356]   

Of course, the brigade of whiny feminists get all upset because they need to find some kind of imaginary "rape culture" even where there isn't one. Penny Arcade was having none of their bullshit, and posted this:

[Image: attachment.jpg14357]   

This all happened years ago and the whiny feminists are still upset over it. Here is an obligatory xoJane whine fest from only three days ago: http://www.xojane.com/issues/dickwolves-...e-krahulik

All I am going to say is that I hope Penny Arcade stands strong here, as they do at http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/1/28/dickwolves/ (2011).

As the Adria Richards fiasco taught us, we can successfully push back against whiny feminists who take things too far. Penny Arcade is in the right not pulling the original joke, because it was only offensive to the kinds of people who are actively looking to get offended over nothing.

Quote:Quote:

For many people, myself included, the original comic was far less egregious than the way Penny Arcade was choosing to react to the controversy it spawned.

Penny Arcade responded this way because the comic wasn't egregious, as this idiot even admits.

She didn't find the original comic particularly offensive, but their indifference to feigned moral outrage over an inoffensive comic somehow is egregious. This is how feminists operate.

Make a big deal over nothing. Then make a really big deal over the fact that people rightfully think you're lowbrow degenerate scum.

Wow, that was a difficult read. Notice how the entire thing is framed from a position of self-assured moral superiority. Never will it once cross this puggle's mind that her views are hyper-sensitive and need to evolve or that criticism isn't equivalent to bigotry. A morally superior view doesn't expect an entire culture to sterilize itself in accommodation.

On second thought, I think this is a case of a bunch of ugly women getting upset over nothing. Can anyone find a girl upset over this whole Dickwolf thing who is worth banging?

It's interesting how standing up to the perpetual victims makes them stand down. It seems they only keep pushing on something when someone apologizes, like they smell blood in the water.

The reason feminists are complaining about this again is because at a recent unscripted interview the penny arcade guys said his biggest regret from the last 3 years was pulling the dick wolf merchandise. I wish PA had stayed strong against the whining the first time but instead you got an apology offered for his behaviour.

Quote: (09-07-2013 03:51 PM)placer Wrote:  

On second thought, I think this is a case of a bunch of ugly women getting upset over nothing. Can anyone find a girl upset over this whole Dickwolf thing who is worth banging?

tumblr feminists, SRS on Reddit, people who run to change.org petitions at every opportunity - it's this "outrage machine" which makes you ask questions like who are these people? are they ever not seething with rage? is this how they spend their spare time? what is the meaning of their life?

Earlier this week I first heard about this and was reading an online debate between feminists about whether to continue going to their PAX convention in a hope of "changing the culture from within" (got to ruin a good thing, typical feminist gameplan), or no longer supporting the Penny Arcade guys and going to more feminist/trans-friendly conventions. At that time I saw a link to, and read through the entire timeline of, the dickwolves controversy: http://debacle.tumblr.com/post/304194086...a-timeline

Somebody put together 3 years worth of references to dickwolves that anybody made, anytime. With screenshots and precise dates and everything. I can't believe that's a real person, but they are. Just think, that person's alive, consuming, breathing the same air as you, voting. Breeding, possibly. I just... I can't.

[Image: facepalm2.gif]

Reading through the comments and one poster mentioned how PAX East (Penny Arcade's convention) has banned Booth Babes and now certain types of revealing cosplay. At first I thought they were in support of this, then it turned to "This shows some weird underlying misogyny."

So in other words, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's pretty obvious they banned these things due to the whining of sex negative feminists, but in the mind of sex positive feminists it means you must have weird issues with naked women's bodies.

Just another example of why no one should take any of this shit seriously. It really does all come across as a test to see if you will back down, and you will never be able to please 100% of these weirdos because they are constantly waging their own internal ideological wars as well.

I'd never heard of Penny Arcade. Looks like it's aimed at 15 year old boys playing video games. Seems strange feminists would care what men they'd never fuck in million years joke about, so I looked it up the controversy.

The Thought Police got them already. Here's their apology:

Quote:Quote:

So let me start by saying I like the Dickwolves strip. I think it’s a strong comic and I still think the joke is funny. Would we make that strip today? Knowing what we know now and seeing how it hurt people, no. We wouldn’t. But at the time, it seemed pretty benign. With that said I absolutely regret everything we did after that comic. I regret the follow up strip, I regret making the merchandise, I regret pulling the merchandise and I regret being such an asshole on twitter to people who were upset. I don’t think any of those things were good ideas. If we had just stopped with the strip and moved on, the Dickwolf never would have become what it is today. Which is a joke at the expense of rape victims or a symbol of the dismissal of people who have suffered a sexual assault.

Apology

Word of advice - NEVER apologize to feminists. Just like someone else in another thread said about never apologizing about sex (thus inviting false rape claim) to a one night stand for being too drunk or whatever.

Apologizing is showing weakness, when there should be none. Just laugh at these people, to their faces, and often.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (09-08-2013 05:56 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Word of advice - NEVER apologize to feminists.

Indeed. Tony Harris is someone who stood his ground and the feminists moved on to the next target: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26978.html

I remember a woman like that harassing me in the 1990s. She would bug me and bug me until I told her "Shut up" in an email. She said "Is that all you have to say?". "Yes" was my reply. She left me alone and respected me after that.