rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Richard Dawkins slams feminazis

Richard Dawkins talking about the feminist invasion of science. He emphasises the belgian "feminist philosopher" Luce Irigaray, which described Newton's "Principia Mathematica" as a rape manual!

It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic! Almost stand up comedy. This is a new leap into another realm of ridicule!

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

I posted this in the recent religion thread, hilarious isn't it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Story about Dawkins demanding Rebecca Watson (the chick at the heart of Elevatorgate, who Dawkins ended up publicly beefing with) not be part of the Reason Rally a couple of years ago.

http://skepchick.org/2013/09/my-time-wit...our-idols/

People like Thunderf00t and the Amazing Atheist have also vehemently come out against feminism infiltrating the Atheist movement. It appears to be a pretty big schism. Some of the best current criticism of feminism is coming from the secular movement.

Oh sorry I didn't know that. It does deserve it's own thread though!

Quote: (09-06-2013 07:53 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

I posted this in the recent religion thread, hilarious isn't it.

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

Oh, I suppose most guys here also know the videos "The Effects of Emasculation"! Just brilliant! And deserves it's own thread too.

Dawkins is a Beta schlub.

Poor man Hitchens.

Don't know why anyone listens to his tedium.

He's a scientist first, that's why people listen. His Selfish Gene study is absolutely extraordinary. Robert De Niro is pretty beta in his private life, doesn't stop him being an amazing actor.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Looks like Dawkins is actually pretty alpha to me. He was able to force that Dave Silverman guy to essentially bend to his will. The article said about Dawkins threatening to pull out of the conference, "Richard huffed for a moment, Dave continued to placate him, and then he made the video." So the guy was desperately trying to remain in the good graces of Dawkins while Dawkins didn't have to compromise or give up anything.

It just shows that any culture will have leaders and alphas with hordes of betas doing their best to get in the graces of these alphas - this applies to cultures that pride themselves on being individualistic and supposed free thinkers as well.

I'm no atheist, but I don't think the skeptical movement (nor any other movement) will benefit from a bunch of whiny fat ugly girls being a part of it. Dawkins did the right thing bitchslapping Rebecca Watson; no sane community wants to be associated with those kinds of unpleasant ugly women.

Hasn't anybody ever read The God Delusion? The entire justification for the book was white knighting, a woman indoctrinated into christianity basically said "I didn't know I could say otherwise".

Anyhow, the atheist community is too inclusive, same with any mostly male sphere packed to the brim with simps and pussy-beggars.

Quote: (09-07-2013 03:45 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

He's a scientist first, that's why people listen. His Selfish Gene study is absolutely extraordinary. Robert De Niro is pretty beta in his private life, doesn't stop him being an amazing actor.

I quote my own post because it's too late to edit it. People need to get over this alpha/beta bullshit. Loads of impressive men are 'beta', they keep the world ticking over. You need betas to keep things running smoothly, it's one of the few things I give religion credit for, Krauser goes into it in his brilliant interview, which has been posted before, but which I will post again:

Quote: (09-07-2013 05:31 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2013 03:45 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I quote my own post because it's too late to edit it. People need to get over this alpha/beta bullshit. Loads of impressive men are 'beta', they keep the world ticking over. You need betas to keep things running smoothly, it's one of the few things I give religion credit for, Krauser goes into it in his brilliant interview, which has been posted before, but which I will post again:

The thing that bothers most of us about the betas is a lack of a way to keep them in line. As you've said, religion has and still does a good job at keeping them productive and in line. However with each passing day more and more of them go to college and see a "different" world with alpha figures demanding a differently ideology.

In the past, social order and convention (patriotism, nationalism, tribalism, or otherwise) would ensure that the betas would work without question and be the pillars of society.

Nowadays, those conventions and controls are gone. So instead, we have a bunch of betas looking for a leader and a semblance of control where ever they can. Instead of a homogeneous group, they're all splintered and become parrots for whatever cause their leader sees fit.

That's our problem with betas. They're looking for validation in the wrong places.

“In a recent Al-Jazeerah interview, Richard Dawkins was asked his views on God. He argued that the god of ‘the Old Testament’ is ‘hideous’ and ‘a monster’, and reiterated his claim from The God Delusion that the God of the Torah is the most unpleasant character ‘in fiction’. Asked if he thought the same of the God of the Koran, Dawkins ducked the question, saying: ‘Well, um, the God of the Koran I don't know so much about.’”

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-t...an-bashing

If Dawkins is an alpha, let's see him go to Saudi Arabia and mock Islam. Otherwise it's Richard "Chickenhawk" Dawkins.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (09-07-2013 09:58 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

“In a recent Al-Jazeerah interview, Richard Dawkins was asked his views on God. He argued that the god of ‘the Old Testament’ is ‘hideous’ and ‘a monster’, and reiterated his claim from The God Delusion that the God of the Torah is the most unpleasant character ‘in fiction’. Asked if he thought the same of the God of the Koran, Dawkins ducked the question, saying: ‘Well, um, the God of the Koran I don't know so much about.’”

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-t...an-bashing

If Dawkins is an alpha, let's see him go to Saudi Arabia and mock Islam. Otherwise it's Richard "Chickenhawk" Dawkins.

Dipshit doesn't get that the god of the Koran is the same god in the old testament. They're all come from the god of Abraham!

Dawkins has torn Islam to shreds on numerous occasions. You've obviously found one interview where he was clearly being polite. I'm sure if you were on Al Jazeera you'd both be calling them 'rag heads' and so on, wouldn't you?

"If Dawkins is an alpha, let's see him go to Saudi Arabia and mock Islam. Otherwise it's Richard "Chickenhawk" Dawkins."

One of the most ridiculous statements I've read on here. You want him to go to a country and be jailed just to appease some internet tough guys? A Chickenhawk is someone who pushes for war despite not wanting to fight it himself. Often, in America (and Britain with Blair) they think they're on some holy quest too - so the complete antithesis of Dawkins' beliefs. Furthermore, Dawkins has stuck his neck out more than 99% of atheists by openly challenging Islamic clerics.

Him and Sam Harris are the opposite of chickenhawks.

"Dipshit doesn't get that the god of the Koran is the same god in the old testament. They're all come from the god of Abraham!"

I'm pretty sure he knows that, mate.

Considering the state of freedom of speech in Britain bashing Islam isn't a very good idea there.

Quote: (09-07-2013 05:24 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Hasn't anybody ever read The God Delusion? The entire justification for the book was white knighting, a woman indoctrinated into christianity basically said "I didn't know I could say otherwise".

Anyhow, the atheist community is too inclusive, same with any mostly male sphere packed to the brim with simps and pussy-beggars.

No it wasn't. Nowhere in the book did it feel like it was written by anyone with an agenda other than wanting to educate people away from superstition.

Quote: (09-07-2013 10:35 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Dipshit doesn't get that the god of the Koran is the same god in the old testament. They're all come from the god of Abraham!

Christian Bale and Adam West's Batman are the same character too.

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Quote: (09-07-2013 10:35 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

The old testament is patchwork from the religious texts of other older sects (Sumerian religious texts, Akkadian, etc.). Thus the god portrayed is a chimera - fickle, self-contradicting, and prone to inexplicable bloodthirst even by the standards of the day. Most Christians are aware of the difference between the old testament god "of fire and brimstone" and the new testament god of salvation through love. Allah is also different, but like Dawkins, I'm not expert enough to detail the differences. Dawkins probably just doesn't want to run his mouth on a subject he really doesn't know.

Of course feminist are invading science. They are Atheist and well, you know, birds of a feather. Dawkins needs to stop bitching and welcome his sisters-in-arms.

Quote: (09-08-2013 05:08 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

"If Dawkins is an alpha, let's see him go to Saudi Arabia and mock Islam. Otherwise it's Richard "Chickenhawk" Dawkins."

One of the most ridiculous statements I've read on here. You want him to go to a country and be jailed just to appease some internet tough guys?

I think it's fair because Dawkins is a militant atheist who is advocating his belief system in competition with religion. Please keep in mind that I would not ask the same of Antony Flew who was an honest atheist scholar who was only interested in free inquiry and taking the search wherever it leads. He wasn't advocating anything but just searching for the truth.

Paul the Apostle would get up every morning and speak his mind even though he never knew if he would be killed, beaten, or run out of town. That seems more like an alpha. Why can't Dawkins do the same? That way we will know if he really believes it. If two engineers build a bridge, you are more inclined to go over the bridge of the engineer who is willing to go over his own bridge. He has skin in the game so you know he really means it.

Dawkins seems to openly mock and ridicule people in situations where he knows the other person is weaker than him or will not strike back. He seems to have a lot of anger that he wants to release on other people. Maybe he isn't getting enough satisfaction from his third wife. I guess being constantly told she morphed from an ape doesn't make a girl feel sexy.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (09-08-2013 11:37 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2013 05:08 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

One of the most ridiculous statements I've read on here. You want him to go to a country and be jailed just to appease some internet tough guys?

I think it's fair because Dawkins is a militant atheist who is advocating his belief system in competition with religion. Please keep in mind that I would not ask the same of Antony Flew who was an honest atheist scholar who was only interested in free inquiry and taking the search wherever it leads. He wasn't advocating anything but just searching for the truth.

Paul the Apostle would get up every morning and speak his mind even though he never knew if he would be killed, beaten, or run out of town. That seems more like an alpha. Why can't Dawkins do the same? That way we will know if he really believes it. If two engineers build a bridge, you are more inclined to go over the bridge of the engineer who is willing to go over his own bridge. He has skin in the game so you know he really means it.

Dawkins seems to openly mock and ridicule people in situations where he knows the other person is weaker than him or will not strike back. He seems to have a lot of anger that he wants to release on other people. Maybe he isn't getting enough satisfaction from his third wife. I guess being constantly told she morphed from an ape doesn't make a girl feel sexy.

Some good points there. However, your final sentence reads to me as if your actual problem is the fact he's an atheist and you aren't. You went from being objective and reasonable to making another personal slight (albeit it light-hearted) on the man. Also, humans didn't 'morph' from apes! We share a common ancestor with OTHER Great Apes, of which Homo Sapien is one. If we morphed from (other) apes, there wouldn't be any (other) apes around.

-deleted-

Quote: (09-06-2013 07:41 PM)LEMONed IScream Wrote:  

Richard Dawkins talking about the feminist invasion of science. He emphasises the belgian "feminist philosopher" Luce Irigaray, which described Newton's "Principia Mathematica" as a rape manual!

It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic! Almost stand up comedy. This is a new leap into another realm of ridicule!

Why is he wearing so much makeup?

His whole schtick revolves around mocking religious people. Not so much the religions. If he was serious about lifting the consciousness of society, his intent would be to help. Not ridicule.

I just can't take this dude serious. He is too much P. T. Barnum and not enough Plato.

Quote: (09-08-2013 04:01 PM)Gold Doubloon Wrote:  

His whole schtick revolves around mocking religious people. Not so much the religions. If he was serious about lifting the consciousness of society, his intent would be to help. Not ridicule.

I just can't take this dude serious. He is too much P. T. Barnum and not enough Plato.

They are fair criticisms of him. Often, his methods require improvement. I admire him more for his scientific accomplishments than his rebuttals of religion. Although I do agree with much of what he says about religion.