rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stressing Out About Possible New Job

Alright, so I just interviewed for a sick job, making close to $6k a month with 3 months off a year. I'm hired given that a) I pass my drug test and b) my driving record is ok. That said, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with...

1) I took the drug test and used synthetic urine, but in the process of pouring it in, a pubic hair got mixed in the urine but did not go in the final sample. Could that hair compromise the clean urine if I smoke herb? I know talking about illegal things is frowned upon here, but where I live herb is legal, so it shouldn't be an issue.

2) in reference to my driving record, I got a DUI over 7 years ago, I'm assuming most companies don't check that far into your driving record. Can anyone confirm that?

I have a feeling I'm thinking too hard into and everything will be fine. After every test I've taken that I've tampered with, I've always been super stressed but always ended up passing. If anyone knows the answer to either of the questions though that would probably help ease my mind a little.

Random...but is this a TEFL job? Just asking bc drug and driving records are typical esp. for the Middle East...where a salary of that size and that much time off would also be common.

I took quite a few drug tests in my youth and afaik the hair simply falling into the sample will not compromise the urine; however, I don't know anything about using synthetic urine so that may trigger something on their end depending on how advanced their analysis equipment is (computer vs. dipstick).

Also for the DUI, I think it'd depend on the job. Commercial truck driving job? I'd assume it'll matter. Otherwise you're probably fine since it's 1) a misdemeanor not a felony and 2) very long time ago.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (09-03-2013 07:39 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Alright, so I just interviewed for a sick job, making close to $6k a month with 3 months off a year. I'm hired given that a) I pass my drug test and b) my driving record is ok. That said, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with...

1) I took the drug test and used synthetic urine, but in the process of pouring it in, a pubic hair got mixed in the urine but did not go in the final sample. Could that hair compromise the clean urine if I smoke herb? I know talking about illegal things is frowned upon here, but where I live herb is legal, so it shouldn't be an issue.

2) in reference to my driving record, I got a DUI over 7 years ago, I'm assuming most companies don't check that far into your driving record. Can anyone confirm that?

I have a feeling I'm thinking too hard into and everything will be fine. After every test I've taken that I've tampered with, I've always been super stressed but always ended up passing. If anyone knows the answer to either of the questions though that would probably help ease my mind a little.

I can address #2. In which state are you? Some states have online databases where you can do searches for people's arrests, trials, etc. The one they have in Maryland is called Maryland Case Search.

Google to see if your state has one. If it does and the DUI comes up, there's your answer. With some states, cases drop out of the online files after a few years, so if this is the case you're good -- usually they won't dig any deeper if nothing comes up in one of these searches.

Additional semi-related note: for the states that have online databases, when you get a driving offense if you take it to court, they enter your driver's license into the database. That means your age, height, weight, etc. will be available to everyone for however long they keep it up. If you lie about any of these thing when gaming, this is a good reason to just pay the ticket and not take it to court. Unless you lie about your name or just don't care...

I thought DUIs stay on your record for 10 years.

The job isn't commercial or anything, there are people in the company that don't drive and still get tested.

Regarding duis being in your record 10 years it varies state to state, but in my state, I tried getting my driving record and it only goes back 7 years. So even if the DUI is on your record 10 years your record only goes back 7. I'm assuming that's the same record a company would see right?

When I was in the hiring process for Wynn to host at EBC/Surrender, they require a hair sample drug test; the toughest kind.

I went and got my hair completely stripped, bleached and then dyed back. Went it and they snipped a lock. A week later I got the call: I passed.

To this day don't know how but, I think in your case you'll be fine.

Not sure about the DUI showing. I had a pretty bad driving incident in Vegas over a year ago, but the charges got reduced and it dropped off my driving record after only 1 year, so I would think a DUI would be off after 7 years.

My charge was: Hit and Run of personal property then dropped to Failure to Exchange Insurance Information at the scene of an accident which is a damn joke. Paid $800 and was done.

Quote: (09-03-2013 07:39 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I have a feeling I'm thinking too hard into and everything will be fine. After every test I've taken that I've tampered with, I've always been super stressed but always ended up passing.

A pube will most likely not contaminate your results. Where did you get your DUI? Some states keep them on file for 10 years, as partyonbro said. EDIT: If it has been 7 years since the DUI, you're off like a pokemon. It gets thrown off the database and you will come clean.

Also, the key to not stress out is.....don't do drugs, or at least don't do them for 4 months before a drug test. I used to feel the same when I had to do periodic pee test. Stopped doing stuff and the stress went away since I was clean.

Quote: (09-03-2013 08:07 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

I thought DUIs stay on your record for 10 years.

It depends, in some places it's 7 years and others it's 10.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Thanks for the feedback guys. This would be a huge upgrade to my current situation. Pretty high stakes. I mean pretty damn good money and 3 months off a year to do whatever the hell I want + can collect unemployment for those 3 months I'm off + full benefits.

Typically I would have just quit for a month or two to not have to stress about it, but the opportunity presented itself and I had to hop on it ASAP as the opening wouldn't be around very long. Hell, I won't even start until the end of November, that's how sought after the job is.

Btw some states duis stay on your record for ages, Florida is something ridiculous like 70 years. But the thing is, I don't think your record even really goes back that far. Not sure what employers have access to. My DUI was in colorado.

It sounds unlikely that a hair would contaminate normal urine after momentary exposure, but I don't know about synthetic urine. What brand of synthetic urine did you use?

Good luck bro. Sounds like you should probably be ok.

DUI stays on your record forever but employers usually only check back three years. I was arrested for DUI 20 years and never convicted when the cops swipe my licence it comes right up on there screen I saw it myself in my buddy's cop car a couple weeks ago for fun. My friend got one a few months ago and they pulled another one up from Oklahoma 10 years ago and charged him with a second.

I've actually done some research on hair sample drug testing for a class. The presence of the hair is highly unlikely to have any effect on your test because the analytic procedures used to extract drug substance from hair will not be performed on your urine sample. Any drugs that may or may not be present in your hair will not leach out into the urine.

You should be fine. I don't believe they care about bacteria contamination.

Next time though, just do a MJ detox for 2 weeks with lots of water. Piss tests are easy to pass with a little abstinence.