rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Paris Datasheet - places of interest & advices

Hello everybody,

Since I've been lurking on this forum for a while, I think I have to give you back some information about places I've been to. Basically, I may go to Poland to work in the next months and I found a lot of information about the polish cities and everything else on this forum, very useful. A very good friend of mine has a polish girlfriend and there are some polish people in Paris. I went out with them quite often and it was my only contact I had with the poles. My English is far from perfect, forgive my mistakes.

I read some data sheets about Paris but there was a lack of information from locals about the places, logistic and other aspects of the city. I'm born in Paris, I've been living here for quite a long time and I will try to give you some advices, places to go and how to save some money during your trips.

I will start with logistic and accommodations as it could be a pain in the ass. Prices are quite high in Paris when you travel and plan to stay a couple of days or a week. All the money spent in a hotel could have a better use. I won’t talk about hostels because I really don’t have any information about this topic.

Accommodations

When you look for a hotel or a place to stay, airbnb and so on, you can easily say that the prices are outrageously high if you consider staying in Paris. Even a couple of days can be a cut in your budget.

To get a more affordable accommodation, just forget about Paris.

You have very nice suburban cities, 2minutes away from Paris by public transportation or bike.

The most important thing is to have a subway station near your place. Many suburban cities around Paris have subway stations and you can reach the heart of the city within 15 minutes. As you may know, the subway network is very good in Paris; if you are near one station you are close from everything. To reach any place in Paris, you won’t have to change lines more than twice. That’s why, when you are looking for a place to stay, just think about subway stations. Even if you stay in Paris, sometimes you are far away, i.e > 10 minutes walking distance, from a subway station, especially in the South-West (16th, 15th and 14th yards for exemple).

I live in a city in the suburbs and it takes me 6 minutes by suburban train to be near Avenue des Champs-Elysées.

Here a list of cities very close by Paris with subway connections:

- Levallois-Perret (Line 3)
- Vincennes (Line 1)
- Neuilly-sur-Seine (Line 1)
- Boulogne-Billancourt (Line 9 and 10)
- Issy-les-Moulineaux (line 12)

Those cities are wealthy, meaning it is safe. You have other cities I didn't mention here because it can be dangerous if you don't know where to go, get lost and/or you are a foreigner - especially in the North-.

Next time you will look for a hotel or an apartment, check those cities first, you may have good surprises. Just ask to the owner how far it is from the subway stations.

Logistic

Now that you know where to stay, we're going to talk about logistic, how to move around the city at the lowest prices.

Walking

It can sound obvious, but Paris is not very big and you can easily walk in the city without taking the subways or others means of transportation. In spring and summer it's very nice to walk around. Sometimes, you think you are far away from somewhere because it’s 3 subway stations from where you are. Usually, stations are very short, hundreds of meters, it’s more convenient to walk than waiting for a subway.

Biking

You don't need to buy a bike.
What you have to do is to register here: Velib
Basically, you can go from a spot to another one using a bike. It's very convenient, and you can save a lot of time, and money. At night, you just grab a bike instead of taking a very expensive cab. Most of Parisians use it, especially the youth, and it's not a problem if you have to come back home with someone.
You just have to look for the bike stations in the city, and here we are, enjoy.

PS: you have also bike stations in the suburban cities.

[Image: 7644428956_une-station-de-velib-a-paris.jpg]

Subways, Trams & Bus

You have a map of the different networks here : RATP

The problem is: the cost of a ticket is quite expensive, 1.70€ for a ride.

The solution is quite simple. You just buy a week pass or monthly pass, called NAVIGO. It costs around 20€ for a week and 65€ for a month. With this pass, you can use the bus, trams and subways inside Paris every time you want without any restriction. Plus, it shows to people you'll meet later that you know how to deal with. In Paris, only tourists use tickets.

Cars

Like the bike, you can rent an electric car in Paris.
It's called Autolib'
You have many stations in Paris and in the suburban cities. The traffic is quite insane at peaks hours.

[Image: Autolib.jpg]

Bars, Pubs & Nightclubs

I will give you some names of places I often go to or I used to go to when I was a student. Later, I will update with others places that can match what you are looking for. Moreover, you have to know, like in every cities, some places become very famous and then, one year later, it’s crap. It happens in Paris with “hipsters places”. Every year you have ups and downs, you just have to ask people to know where to go and they will tell you. The following places I’ll mention are basically “standard”, meaning that they don’t change years after years and remain the same. I will mention it when it’s “hypes” places.

PS : when you read "75006" for example, it means : 75 for the city (Paris) and the number (6) is the yard.
An address like 75006 means it's in Paris in the 6th yard.

Bars & Cafés

Brasserie O'neil

20 Rue des Canettes, 75006 Paris ‎

It's located in the Latin Quarter (i.e. students quarter), in an area where you have plenty of bars and Pubs.
It's a brasserie where you can eat meals from the East of France and drink.
I love this place because they make their own beers, very tasty ones even if I'm not a very good connoisseur. It's not very expensive, the bartender speaks English.

The crowd is heterogeneous. You have people from their mid-twenties but also families, some tourists.
It's not a place to meet someone, but just to enjoy a good beer, to chill. Usually, I go to this place quite early to warm up with friends, from 5pm to 8PM, with friends.

[Image: 11.jpg]

Le Piano Vache

8 rue Laplace, 75005 Paris

It has been my favourite bar for a long time. It's a rock bar, the owner is quite old, > 60 years old, and a big fan of Muse. The prices are not very expensive and it's always packed on Friday and Saturday. During the week, the bar is very small but at the end of the week they open another place at the back of bar. This place is very famous among the students.

The place is packed with students because a lot of up-scale and the best universities of Paris are just around. The neighbourhood is beautiful. The age range is about 18-25 years old. Sometimes you meet some foreigners but they are also students.

I highly recommend to go to this place on Friday evening. It closes at 2am, it's just perfect before hitting a nightclub later. You have live concert sometimes.

[Image: image.jpg] [Image: pv1-590x416.jpg]

Le Tourville

43, avenue de la Motte-Picquet, 75007 Paris

It's also a brasserie, you can eat, but it's quite expensive. I never ate here and never went during rainy or cloudy days. What it's interesting in this place, is the terrace. If faces south and you have the sun all the afternoon. It's located in a very nice yard, a couple of minutes from the Eiffel tower.

Many tourists and French like to sit there and usually it's crowed during sunny days. It's a good place to go to chat and to do some day game.

[Image: outdoor-seating.jpg]

Le Pub St-Germain

17 Rue de l'Ancienne Comédie, 75006 Paris

It's used to be a very nice place, but now it has lost a little bit of its presence. Anyway, it's a perfect place to go for a date. It's a little bit dark, you have nice sofas, the music is not very loud. They close quite late, around 6am.
Prices are quite expensive too.

It's located in the Latin Quarter, if your date goes wrong, you can still hit the pubs and bars around.

[Image: 3cb7edcb165405c27d00feaf9b748edf77b145c3.jpg]

Pubs and dancing bars

the Cork and Cavan

70 Quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris

(I will update tomorrow, it takes me quite a while to write in English )

Absolutely amazing sheet on Paris! One of the best sheets I've seen in here overall!
Some fantastic tips about the Velib and Travigo! Damn, the monthly bus/metro/trains pass (Travigo) is cheaper in one of the most expensive cities as well as the most visited and most beautiful city in the world Paris than it is is Toronto! That tells you how f-up things are in that shit hole! lol

Welcome to the forum man! Keep'em coming those awesome tips about Paris! Great to see another Frenchy in here![Image: smile.gif]
Your english is spotless! Probably better than the majority of people I know here in Canada.

What would be a good option for someone who wanted to spend say 2-3 months in Paris? Which arrondissements would you recommend? Or would you say it'd be better to be based out of the peripherals cities you've mentioned above? What would be a good budget for accommodations both cases (within and outside of Paris) for a 2-3 months stay?

Un gros merci mec![Image: smile.gif]

Merci Zuma. I would not have thought to stay in the suburbs to save cash. If it's really just 6 minutes, that makes a lot of sense.

Look forward to your insight on the best place to meet lots of girls.

(To continue, if Rooshv could add this part to my first post, please. It could be clearer )

Pubs and dancing bars

the Cork and Cavan

70 Quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris

This Irish pub is located in the east of Paris, where you have a lot of arty people, and students living there. You have many bars and pubs around.

This pub is owned by an Irish and you have bartenders who are English/Irish. The place itself has nothing special, it's quite small, you can sit, the music is not too loud. You have Japanese beer, Azawi or something like that.

The point with this pub is its location. You are just in front of a channel. It means, during sunny days, spring and summer, you have thousand of people along the channel, drinking, eating. You can buy a drink at the pub and then go outside. Or, you have a supermarket 10 meters away, where you can buy something.

This Channel is very famous, and during summer you have so many people that it can take you 4-5 hours just walking and talking to the groups over there. People who like gaming outdoor, it's perfect.

outside the pub :

[Image: the-cork-cavan-pub-canal-saint-martin-L-UguOqb.jpeg]

Along the channel, in front of the bar :

[Image: 2876191_b7ca0fda-cfc6-11e2-ac64-00151781...40x280.jpg]

Even during the day, you have many people.

Le Violon Dingue

46 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, 75005 Paris

This pub, dancing bar, is located 20 meters from the previous bar I mentioned : Le Piano Vache.

Basically, what you do is, start with le Piano Vache and then you hit this pub around 1am. Before, it's quite empty.

In this pub, you have many foreigners and the bartenders are mostly English speakers. Students are the majority of the crowd. The pub closes quite late, around 5-6am during weekend.

What is interesting is that you have a cave where you go down, with a DJ, music, a bar and a dance floor. It's quite dark and you have a lot of girls. I had some ONS here with both, foreigners and French.

[Image: 3062-le-violon-dingue.jpg]

Café Oz

18 Rue Saint-Denis

8 Boulevard Montmartre

3 Place Denfert-Rochereau

It's an Australian chain of bars in Paris. It means that you have both French and foreigners inside. Those bars are quite famous as it's very easy to meet girls here. It closes around 4-5am. It's cheaper than a nightclub and you have some talents.

I used to go to this place, but not on Saturday, too much crowded.

Those places have nothing specials I would say. It's a common dancing bars that you have plenty in every cities. But, I have always did good inside.

If you have to pick one, go to the Denfert-Rochereau one. It has a huge terrace.

[Image: gdsbv-terrasse-facade.jpg]
[Image: 1155_646394295374761_1144005933_n.jpg]

Le Pompon

39 Rue des Petites Écuries 75010 Paris

This bar seems common at the first glance. You have tables and chairs with an old decoration, it's very nice, and the people seem very quiet.

Everything starts around 11 pm when they open a door to go down a little cave where you have a bar, Dj, and dance floor. It's very small but you have a lot of talents here. It's a very trendy place. The girls are quite poosh, expect a big bitchshield. Prices are quite expensive and it closes not very late, around 3 am. I never met a foreigner here, it's a very "Parisian" place.

Inside, small, nothing spectacular :

[Image: le-pompon2-.jpg]

Down under, an other story :

[Image: le-pompon-paris.jpg]

L'alimentation générale

64 Rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud, 75011 Paris

This place is located in a district with a lot of bars, pubs, concert halls.

I have to tell you that this place is quite trashy and you we will meet the girls next door type. I like this place, nobody cares, the music is mainstream, everybody dances and drinks, it's easy to meet people here and dance with girls. You have some talents but not very poosh girls with high heels. Mostly students or girls in art, music. it closes very late and it's not very expensive. Also, it's a very "french" place and I have never met any foreigners here. Moreover, you can eat some here.

[Image: alimentation-generale-un-chic-a-brac-culturel.jpg]

La Bellevilloise

19-21 Rue Boyer, 75020 Paris

This place is very big and very famous among Parisians. You have art exposition, cinema sometimes, live concerts, restaurants, a very nice terrace, etc. Many things happen here, druing day or night.

It's better to check the program, sometimes you have very famous Dj's playing here. You have a basement where everything happens, but you can relax at the first floor. Isolating is very convenient in this place. It's very crowded during Friday and Saturday.

Terrace :

[Image: la-bellevilloise-pc7kww.jpg]

Basement :

[Image: G-144-4.gif]

(I will update tomorrow with some more and nightclubs)

Great follow up and great addition to this already awesome DS!
Looking forward for more! And I'd appreciate if you could answer my questions!

Merci!

Quote: (09-02-2013 05:45 PM)zuma Wrote:  

When you look for a hotel or a place to stay, airbnb and so on, you can easily say that the prices are outrageously high if you consider staying in Paris. Even a couple of days can be a cut in your budget.

To get a more affordable accommodation, just forget about Paris.

You have very nice suburban cities, 2minutes away from Paris by public transportation or bike.

Suppose money wasn't an issue. Where in Paris would you recommend staying/living?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I'm writing this from a Paris wifi hotspot right now. I speak near-fluent French but I'm going nowhere with the local girls, they're surprisingly friendly but none seem to be DTF. Thought they'd hate Americans but actually among the young US culture is pretty popular. Is it social circle game only? Data is lacking about France, people seems to be saying girls are promiscuous but I ain't seeing it, seems nearly as bad as Northern Italy. I get the feeling they don't take you seriously when you're foreign yet are more likely to be forgiving, my French buddies are telling me I'm getting a great treatment compared to what they get due to foreigner status but they're fucking and I ain't! Noticed there is quite the jungle fever, Black dudes must kill it here especially those pulling off the G-look, not sure about other ethnicities though. Any tips? Should I try a nearby city instead of the capital?

France is still very socially stratified. Once you find the social circles where you fit in it will start to work and in France that just doesn't mean your circle of friends. The social thing is at play even when you meet girls in a bar or on the street. I've met French girls who say stuff like, "you work all the time, I am proletariat (working class), I don't think this is going to work" or (looking at my wing and not having talked to him at all) "You're with HIM? I'm surprised". For Americans a lot of times the "signs" that the French look for aren't all there, so it's completely up to you to make your place based on how you look, your manners and how you present yourself. All those manners your mother may have told you about still count a lot in France. Some Americans slide right in, and others never, ever get it happening.

All that stuff is going to play a factor in whether or not girls think you're a curiosity and they just want to talk to you because you're American, or the kind of guy they want to know at another level. If you don't like to wear a sport coat and nice shoes when you go out, you might like the student-style places listed above on here, but even those will work even better if you dress better. On the other hand, in Paris those baba-cool gangsta look, or the bobo hipster type guys, are never going to get close to girls who are going for guys who dress up when they go out. So if you're looking at them as competition, they have their own places where they go and the girls there see them as from their social group. That's a different set of places than what you see here. But not all the black guys are doing the g-thing, the ones you describe are mostly 1st generation French, a lot of others are more classy and can roll in the top level and get the top girls. I read a magazine article once about the recent immigrants and their children and they interviewed a bourgeois french guy from some wealthy western suburb. His last comment on the issue was "they will never walk like us". That's Paris.

You should try out a bunch of different areas and see where you get the most traction. Start out in the daytime, go to some cafes, sit next to solo or two sets, talk to the girls and if they're the kind you want to meet, ask them where they hang out at night ( a lot don't really go out, paris nightlife is expensive) then when they tell you ask how you should dress when you go there (even if there's no dress code, they will give you feedback on your style).

Different styles are Rue Oberkampf (hipster style) in the 11th, Places around rue Mouffetard in the 5th (like Piano Vache listed above) and around rue du roi de sicile in the 4th are more international and probably the easiest places to start out (try Lizard Lounge, Stolly's, the Long Hop). In Montmartre in the 18th there are a bunch of cafes where you can hang out and meet party girls in their 20s who are probably pretty open to meeting anybody. If you want to meet the hottest girls, go to the more upscale type bars and cafes in Saint Germain and around the Champs-Elysees. These are full of upper class French and wealthy foreigners. In the clubs you can find Russian, Brazilian, EE, Northern European girls who are students and models. You have to work your way up into the top clubs by meeting people who already go to them, because it's a lot easier to get in if you go with somebody they know.

Thanks it was my impression that the class system was pretty rigid, not as bad as Brazil's but more than the UK's but strangely people are extremely open to interracial relationships just within their social class, I've seen every possible combination, feels like Brazil in that respect. Thanks gonna try the alternative spots, hell if I fail I'll just hit the touristy spots, got my first Swedish lay in a Champs-Elysées club 2 days ago. Ironically Paris is a gold mine regarding international chicks, every single nationality in the world is in the place at any given time, crazier than NYC or Rome.

Quote: (09-04-2013 08:57 AM)PaybackTime Wrote:  

strangely people are extremely open to interracial relationships just within their social class

This is only strange if you think it is taboo. Applying US stereotypes to France won't help you out.

I agree with the person above that social circle is the most important thing in France, especially in Paris, when you want to meet girls. Basically, in Paris the girls are harassed all the day by the men, mostly recent immigrants. The girlfriend of my brother, who is blonde and very cute, told me that each day she can be approached 20 times, in the subway, in the streets. And if she wears skirt and heels it's even worst. It means that they have a HUGE bitchshield when they talk to a stranger, especially in the streets where they are not confident with. I let you imagine when you try to approach a girl in the evening in the street when she has been harassed 20 times during the day.

In bars, clubs, they are also harassed by the hungry for sex kind of guys and the later you approach a girl in this kind of places, the more you are to be rejected. Because they are fed up.

That's why social circle are very important because the girls feel safe and relax when they know that you know someone. The best parties I had were private parties in apartment or houses in the countryside. The girls were easy-going, everybody knew someone that the girls knew, so they talk freely and they are very nice.

You have also places in Paris, bars and clubs, where the selection at the entry is very hard. If you don't know someone inside, the bouncer or you are not know to come often, you can't get in. It's to prevent anonymous people to come in. And it's also a trick for the guys to keep the girls for them. The best way to manage to go inside is to go with a pretty girl or two. Then you have 80% to go in. Money is a key factor too. If you say to the bouncer that you want a table and a bottle for 300$, they might let you go in even if you don't have any girls with you this night.

I have a couple of friends working at the TV and for fashion shows and that allows me to go to private parties during fashion week for example. If you don't know anybody, you cannot find this place, you won't know where it happens, and of course even if you find it, you won't get in.

Quote: (09-02-2013 06:08 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

What would be a good option for someone who wanted to spend say 2-3 months in Paris? Which arrondissements would you recommend? Or would you say it'd be better to be based out of the peripherals cities you've mentioned above? What would be a good budget for accommodations both cases (within and outside of Paris) for a 2-3 months stay?

I would say, it will bethe best option to find something in the city of Boulogne-Billancourt because you have two subways line that reaches this city.

Quote: (09-03-2013 08:17 PM)Soma Wrote:  

Suppose money wasn't an issue. Where in Paris would you recommend staying/living?

You have hotel from 100€ to 20 000€ per night, it depends what you are looking for. 5th, 6th and 7th are the most interesting yards in Paris in my opinion. You are in the heart of Paris, everything by walking distance and the neighbourhood is beautiful.

I'm cool with mixed relationships, I myself have smashed quite a number of latinas and mulattas, it's just surprising to what extent they're common, the French are often portrayed as classist and chauvinistic, I guess they're only the former! This is worse than Manhattan, I got denied entry in Le Baron, has never happened to me before. 20 times a day? LOL Parisians got some balls.

Thanks for the data sheet Zuma by the way, one of the best on the forum, pics should be standard!

Le Baron was very famous years ago and it was extremely difficult to go in without any invitation or someone used to go in with you. I don't know what does it look like now, but I think it has lost kind of its superb.

When I say 20 times a days, I mean harassed. Like :"hey lady, you're beautiful , do you have a phone number ? ... hey are you listening .. ? BICTH !" But it's mostly african and arab descendant guys doing that.

Don't forget that when we are talking about Paris it's not France representative. Paris is 2 millions inhabitants only and it's very special. If you go to some second tiers cities you will have a complete different mindset. Most people coming to Paris said that the French are bla bla bla and this and that, all the clichés. But it's not France. It's Paris. If you want to have a true overview of France and the French, just don't go to Paris.

When you're talking about mixed couples, you have to be careful too, don't sink into cliché. Most girls dating non-white people are from the suburbs and they are low-mid class. In the upper class it's not very common, even if you have some successful black or arab with blonde or brunette. In the upperscale clubs for example, you won't see many blacks and almost no arabs at all. Even in some students bars or pubs, they are not very common. And it's even worst in the countryside where you cannot barely see an immigrant for days sometimes.

So you're kind of confirming what I was saying, working-class whites go out with working-class minorities since there are few successful minorities, mixed relationships just don't happen in the upper-middle and upper-class, it's the same throughout the continent. Oh yeah I get the picture, it's not game but nearly sexual harassment but I still see alot of those couples around so it must somehow work? Or are they a byproduct of social circle game like regular couples? Which I suppose is the case since segregation is low in France compared to anglosphere countries, at least in the projects/working-class. Generally I feel male competition is high in Paris due to the amount of tourists, general money floating around and immigrants, it's not really an open place for the PUA thus why so few people here report great results unlike London strangely.

Couldn't disagree more ^^^

Give us a rundown of your approaches. You daygaming? The parks in Paris are a goddamn goldmine.

I didn't do a single club approach. I stuck to bars only. I also encountered what Zuma describes above; despite being well dressed and willing to drop cash, bouncers wouldn't let me into clubs because I don't speak French very well and wasn't a regular. I'm not a bad looking guy either.

French dudes are good looking and well dressed but what I gathered from their women is that the girls are sick of them. French men seem very image-conscious and self-involved. Go in there with a fun, playful, cocky vibe. There's nothing pretentious girls love more than a guy to come along and snap them out of their rigid bullshit.

Again, give us more data about how you're running approaches. The fact you speak semi-fluent French might be what's hurting you. Don't be afraid to flaunt your "American-ness". I got nothing but love for the U.S. while I was there. I'd open in French, quickly lose the conversation, but start laughing about my terrible accent and the women found it endearing across the board. Especially girl clerks in stores and markets.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Spent a couple afternoons opening sets at the entrace of Le Parc Monsouris/Denfert Rochereau and in front of La Sorbonne (back to skool) pretending I was a lost exchange student in the latter's case, I've got a few numbers which all turned out flakey. Then spent a couple of nights hitting on stunning North African urban chicks at La Bellevilloise, in ghetto/Northern Paris, I actually got a date scheduled this weekend with one and the rest was night game at Champs Elysées, 1er arrondissement clubs where the moneyed congregate, went to La Machine du Moulin Rouge too with poor results, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, should I hit less posh, more local, pro-US places like anglo-themed bars or even alternative spots? I speak fluent French with a Quebec accent (mother is French-Canadian) which should theoretically be in my favor but I still got no results. Actually it's pretty clear I'm American, I dress urban and pepper my speech with English slang so I do have that Bronx grit about me but wondering if I should suit up instead maybe I look too hood but then in a suit I don't really use my USA capital

What were your results?

I just spent 3 nights in Paris. Tues-Fri.

Checked out the neighborhoods Zuma mentioned in this guide.

Paris is not a particularly friendly city. I would echo what Thedude said about Parisians being quite self involved. Most dislike speaking English. Parisians are usually seen drinking, but rarely did I see them drunk. Especially compared to the UK.

Parisian women are fairly bland. I only saw 1 true dime piece in 3 days, and going out each night. On the plus side there are very few fuglies. British girls dress way hotter, and act sluttier. Parisian women dress nicely, but not sexy. There are far fewer fatties in Paris than in the UK.

Many parisian men are tailor fitted. Ones who are not often rock a skrillex esq buzzed bottom half of hair, while kept short on top. I did not see many running game, but those who do are quite aggressive & persistent. Despite their strong efforts, I did not see any of them gain much traction beyond a minute of rejected hand holding, and general begging for attention. As a result, bitch shields are set to high just about everywhere.

The Eiffel, Notre Dame cathedral, and Louvre museum are indeed jaw dropping spectacles upon first look. As to how long they'll hold your interest depends on your tolerance for outrageous admission prices, and Asian photo zergs.

American tourist girls are everywhere. The most often seen configuration are 4 sets. Two blondes, one brunette and a token asian. They seem to enjoy just being in Paris, not doing anything in particular except chatting about cafes and food. It's a very female oriented city, with hardly any feminine sex appeal for a man. A girls girl, if you will. They think it is romantic for some reason, but I struggled to find the romance in it myself. Just a big sprawling urban metropolis. I chalk it up to good marketing.

Cafes - the primary feature of this city. In Dublin it's the pub. In Paris it's the cafe. There is a different cafe on almost every corner and street.

Lots of American & Asian tourists. Buildings are almost all the same height. Food is expensive, but not as much as London, and tastes better at least. No 7-11's that I found or quick bite convenience stores.

Venues hit:

Social club

Hipster beyond belief. Clothing that the 1980's rejected. Girls doing Elaine dancing in pairs. The girls I approached were not even hot, with cunty attitudes. Funny enough, the DJ played a song with a hook "she's cunt. she's pussy." Very appropriate. No one on cell phones! The girls just dance with each other here, while french blipsters try to weasel their way in with little success.

Rex club

Bigger, more traditional nightclub, sans any sexy outfits. Again though, the girls were all more into the dancing than socializing or meeting anyone. Offers for dick were not being made much here, nor were they being accepted by the local Parisian girls. I had a few tourists from Portugal & Spain open well enough, but the language barrier was unbearable to push to anything of substance.

---
Why don't I get any eye contact in paris?

I suspect the city itself is too big, intrusive and distracting for one. Girls don't seem interested in dick much here compared to the UK.
--

The Romeo

Salsa club. Except no one was dancing salsa inside. Just weird bouncing & bopping to Salsa music. WTF? Get me out of this crazy place.

Moulan rouge

Apparently this was a swingin' place back in the day. The Friday I went was techno night. 70/30 guys ratio. The rest of the neighborhood surrounding Le rouge is a great place to get hustled by aging prostitutes, and swarthy strip club promoters. Aspiring Ewan McGregor's looking to meet their Nicole Kidman would do well to seek lady marmalade elsewhere.

Latin Quarter

There are many venues here. Close to the Univeristy, but they were all busts, or active face control. Having peaked inside the ones that turned me away (along with every other guy on the line), I wasn't missing much.

Bottom line:

As a city? Overrated.

As a game destination? Terrible. It's at the bottom of my list. Right next to Dublin.

Quote: (09-21-2013 06:56 AM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

I just spent 3 nights in Paris. Tues-Fri.

Checked out the neighborhoods Zuma mentioned in this guide.

Paris is not a particularly friendly city. I would echo what Thedude said about Parisians being quite self involved. Most dislike speaking English. Parisians are usually seen drinking, but rarely did I see them drunk. Especially compared to the UK.

Parisian women are fairly bland. I only saw 1 true dime piece in 3 days, and going out each night. On the plus side there are very few fuglies. British girls dress way hotter, and act sluttier. Parisian women dress nicely, but not sexy. There are far fewer fatties in Paris than in the UK.

Many parisian men are tailor fitted. Ones who are not often rock a skrillex esq buzzed bottom half of hair, while kept short on top. I did not see many running game, but those who do are quite aggressive & persistent. Despite their strong efforts, I did not see any of them gain much traction beyond a minute of rejected hand holding, and general begging for attention. As a result, bitch shields are set to high just about everywhere.

The Eiffel, Notre Dame cathedral, and Louvre museum are indeed jaw dropping spectacles upon first look. As to how long they'll hold your interest depends on your tolerance for outrageous admission prices, and Asian photo zergs.

American tourist girls are everywhere. The most often seen configuration are 4 sets. Two blondes, one brunette and a token asian. They seem to enjoy just being in Paris, not doing anything in particular except chatting about cafes and food. It's a very female oriented city, with hardly any feminine sex appeal for a man. A girls girl, if you will. They think it is romantic for some reason, but I struggled to find the romance in it myself. Just a big sprawling urban metropolis. I chalk it up to good marketing.

Cafes - the primary feature of this city. In Dublin it's the pub. In Paris it's the cafe. There is a different cafe on almost every corner and street.

Lots of American & Asian tourists. Buildings are almost all the same height. Food is expensive, but not as much as London, and tastes better at least. No 7-11's that I found or quick bite convenience stores.

Venues hit:

Social club

Hipster beyond belief. Clothing that the 1980's rejected. Girls doing Elaine dancing in pairs. The girls I approached were not even hot, with cunty attitudes. Funny enough, the DJ played a song with a hook "she's cunt. she's pussy." Very appropriate. No one on cell phones! The girls just dance with each other here, while french blipsters try to weasel their way in with little success.

Rex club

Bigger, more traditional nightclub, sans any sexy outfits. Again though, the girls were all more into the dancing than socializing or meeting anyone. Offers for dick were not being made much here, nor were they being accepted by the local Parisian girls. I had a few tourists from Portugal & Spain open well enough, but the language barrier was unbearable to push to anything of substance.

---
Why don't I get any eye contact in paris?

I suspect the city itself is too big, intrusive and distracting for one. Girls don't seem interested in dick much here compared to the UK.
--

The Romeo

Salsa club. Except no one was dancing salsa inside. Just weird bouncing & bopping to Salsa music. WTF? Get me out of this crazy place.

Moulan rouge

Apparently this was a swingin' place back in the day. The Friday I went was techno night. 70/30 guys ratio. The rest of the neighborhood surrounding Le rouge is a great place to get hustled by aging prostitutes, and swarthy strip club promoters. Aspiring Ewan McGregor's looking to meet their Nicole Kidman would do well to seek lady marmalade elsewhere.

Latin Quarter

There are many venues here. Close to the Univeristy, but they were all busts, or active face control. Having peaked inside the ones that turned me away (along with every other guy on the line), I wasn't missing much.

Bottom line:

As a city? Overrated.

As a game destination? Terrible. It's at the bottom of my list. Right next to Dublin.

This is coherent with my experience in Paris for a short period of time as well. Although, I suppose it may be different if you stayed there for a long-term arrangement; it is not necessarily somewhere you go for a week just to game.

I am looking at work opportunities abroad and an option has come up at a place in Paris. My concern is less about the project, but more about the issue of friendliness/cultural integration. My gut reaction is of France not being exactly welcoming to outsiders. The threads on here seem to be mixed.

My spoken French is minimal, just Canadian high school level from 15 years ago. It's something I'd definitely work on if I went there. The company is 80% french and they say they do work in English but I have to believe they will be speaking in French a lot of the time unless it's about something an English person needs to be hearing. The French guys I've worked with previously did it because it's faster. I've also heard of favoritism towards French people within the company compared to outsiders.

Anyone have experience working in a mostly French company or how long it might take to develop a social circle as a foreigner?

Currently [Home]

Paris is a double edged sword in a way that you don't really get to experience much local talent (french girls), majority of foreigners are north americans who are not so attractive but if you hangout in the right places you will be meeting girls from scandinavia/EE everyday.

For logistics, go to local classified website like leboncoin, a lot of people during the summer leave on vacations and sublet their apartments. So you can easily get one in a decent central location for as low as 500 eur/month

Damn, this is a great data sheet, good job!

How cheap can you get long term accommodation in central Paris?

I've heard about private small rooms with shared facilities for about 300-350 euros per month but I don't know if that is possible to find.

What is the going rate for a small studio apartment? What is the standard terms if you want to break the lease?

800 euro

Quote: (11-12-2015 06:02 PM)Cheetah Wrote:  

How cheap can you get long term accommodation in central Paris?

I've heard about private small rooms with shared facilities for about 300-350 euros per month but I don't know if that is possible to find.

What is the going rate for a small studio apartment? What is the standard terms if you want to break the lease?

I've heard about private small rooms with shared facilities for about 300-350 euros per month : They exist (just under the roofs) and are called "chambres de bonnes", but be advised that, couple years ago, they have been deemed illegal (for not having access to water inside the room itself, and if they are under 9 square meters)

http://www.jeudi-noir.org/2007/01/30/le-...-de-bonne/

And if you aren't French or have any connection in France, are the landlords normally interested to sign a lease without a 'dossier'?