rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Argan Oil

Argan Oil

Magical stuff!

Not expensive either. Cost around $20-25 for a bottle. You only use a couple of drops per day.

Argan oil is an anti-aging serum that keeps hair and skin well nourished and in check. It is very good for me because of my bad genetics for aging (white) and propensity for dry skin.

You can look into this further but here's one review:

Quote:Quote:

Now Argan oil is gaining popularity as a "miracle ingredient" in the Western beauty product industry. It has extremely high levels of Vitamin E and 80% fatty acids which make it perfect for healing many skin ailments as well as protecting against premature aging caused by oxidation.

Healing and Protecting

The active substances called triterpenoids that occur in Argan Oil offer amazing skin protection benefits. These include tissue healing (scars), anti-inflammatory, sun-protective and disinfectant properties.

The oil contains 80% unsaturated fatty acids and is more resistant to oxidation than olive oil. Argan oil also contains 0.8% unsaponifiables (a large group of compounds also known as plant sterols or sterolins). Sterolins improve skin metabolism, reduce inflammation and promote excellent moisture retention.

Anti-aging

Argan is considered an effective anti-aging oil due to properties such as the high levels of vitamin E /tocopherols (anti-oxidants help neutralise free radical damage, which is important for skin exposed to polluted Western environments) and saponins (skin-softening agents). Besides cooling and soothing inflammation, it is also reputed to help reduce wrinkles by restoring the skin`s hydro-lipid layer.

Medicinal Properties

Argan oil contains rare plant sterols (schottenol and spinasterol), not found in other oils. It is believed that these phytosterols are unique in their combination and that there are no other vegetable oils with a comparable phytosterol composition. In general phytosterols reduce inflammation and help block cholesterol absorption from the intestines. They also show anti-cancer properties.

Argan oil facilitates digestion by increasing the concentration of pepsin in the gastric juice. It contains flavonoids that act as a natural anti-inflammatory both internally and externally.

The oil is considered highly beneficial for arthritic or rheumatic conditions.
It is helpful for lowering cholesterol levels, stimulating circulation and strengthening the body`s natural immunity.

It is used to soothe skin ailments like chickenpox, acne, psoriasis, and dry eczema. It is also used to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.
Traditionally Argan oil is also reputed to have aphrodisiac and tonic properties.

Interesting Argan Oil Facts

Argan tree groves survive for 125 - 450 years, making them a valuable inheritance for future generations.

Argan oil has a similar fat content to olive oil and is used for similar purposes. Commercial Argan oil is a lot more expensive than olive oil. The Argan tree however lives longer than the Olive tree and requires no cultivation.

Traditionally the local Berber women collect the seeds and press them to obtain the Argan oil for domestic use. This is a laborious process taking about 12 - 20 hours of hand processing to produce one litre of Argan oil. Oil produced by this method will keep for 3 - 6 months because it has extremely high vitamin E levels and is considered oxidatively stable. Moroccan families produce the oil as needed from a store of the kernels, which will keep for 20 years unopened.

Argan Oil

I have a restorative hair mask that has Argan oil but it also has ammonium sulfate. Sulfates make my hair feel like crap.

I need to get a bottle of the pure stuff.

Argan Oil

Just moisturized with argan oil tonight, I've used it a few times in my skin care routine, fortunately I've been getting the hook up on free samples, and have gotten many "essential oils", which I use in my skin care regimen and I recommend it.

http://www.auracacia.com/dspCmnPrd.php?p...=anpcpcosc

Argan Oil

Man, I still have a couple bottles of the stuff that I spray on my head for that vicious sheen. Got it straight from Morocco.

Argan Oil

Quote: (09-03-2013 09:47 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Man, I still have a couple bottles of the stuff that I spray on my head for that vicious sheen. Got it straight from Morocco.

Same. Bought a few of my girlfriends some of this stuff at Souk el Had in Agadir. They were all raving for more.

Spent no more than 5 USD per 2.5 oz bottle. Could be an excellent business opportunity.

Argan Oil

Yes, I use this stuff to keep my 360s shiny.

Argan Oil

Sooo do I put a couple drops in my hands and apply it to my face?

Argan Oil

At the risk of sounding completely homosexual in my praise of this product, here it is:
Been using this stuff for 3 days now and it's like magic. I take a few drops and rub it together on my hands, then through my hair. Then a few more drops and rub it into my face.
My hair is soft and shiny and skin looks and feels great.

I'm considering mixing it with coconut oil and teatree oil for use on the hair. Been doing the anti-shampoo thing for a while now and sometimes I get a bit of dandruff that I'm hoping teatree oil can clear up. Coconut oil works like a natural mousse or hair wax or whatever you want to call it for me (although I have very short hair).
I'll probably stick with the pure stuff for my face.. It just takes a couple drops and I can literally feel the difference.

Edit: If you guys are interested in buying it heres a good place:
http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.a...rgan%20oil

They also sell pretty much any health product (aside from mainstream) for low prices, free shipping to US, and VERY low shipping international. I had a 3.5 pound package shipped to Europe for $11.99 and it took about a week and a half.