rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yet another example of the double standards in society

found this in the paper today, which details how a female school teacher got 1 year jail for having a sexual relationship with a 15 yr old male student..

now if it had been a male teacher with a female student you can bet your last dollar safely the sentence would have been a lot stiffer!

Female teacher jailed for student sex

I guess we should be happy she even got jail time, even if its only a 1 year minimum....

------------insert-----------------

A SYDNEY teacher who had a sexual relationship with her 15-year-old student has been jailed for at least one year.

The 51-year-old woman sobbed in the dock of the District Court on Monday as Judge Colin Charteris said her previously outstanding career as a teacher was lost forever.

"She was a mature woman," Judge Charteris said.

"She knew well what she was doing was wrong.

"With her long history as a school teacher she was well aware that such a relationship between a teacher and a student was forbidden."

The maths and religion teacher, a mother of three, embarked on a series of sexual encounters with the boy over a two-month period in 2008, including at school, in her car and in his house.

She told the court a "huge need to feel love" following the breakdown of an unhappy marriage prompted her to inappropriately interpret the boy's request for help with maths.

She pleaded guilty to three counts of aggravated sexual intercourse after the boy reported the matter to police four years later.

The victim, now aged 20, told the court he suffered from depression and anger management issues.

"When I was 15 she made me feel excited and powerful but as I matured I felt ashamed, angry, guilty and confused," he said in a victim impact statement.

Judge Charteris noted the boy was proactive in pursuing the teacher and that he tried to grab her breasts as a dare shortly before the relationship started.

"That does not excuse the offender's conduct," he said, noting the boy was aged just 15 and she was 46 at the time.

"It's elementary to any school teacher that it's improper to engage in any sexual activity with students who are not able to render consent."

Judge Charteris accepted that the teacher was genuinely remorseful, felt "great shame" at her actions and was "vulnerable" at the time.

"That doesn't explain why she sought solace with a 15-year-old male," he said.

"(But) she has paid a significant price for her foolish conduct."

The judge set a maximum term of two years and three months and backdated it by one month to reflect the onerous reporting conditions imposed on the woman while she was on bail.

She will be eligible for parole in July next year.

While I agree with the gist of the article, I can't help but be a bit disturbed by the fact that she reported it 4 years later, similar to the feminist vein of reporting crimes from an earlier generation. How did they prove the matter after such a long time?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

There should be a double standard.

99% of female criminals never report or admit their crimes though,
nor that they lied when they went accusing guys they dislike with their usual false rape accusations.

But society permits female criminals and close their eyes at most of the crimes done by women,
while harshly punishing the exact same crimes, when done by men...

Quote: (09-02-2013 10:14 AM)Only One Man Wrote:  

"I'm a white knight."

Quote: (09-02-2013 11:43 PM)Wadsworth Wrote:  

"I'm a white knight."

Nah double standards exist for a reason.

Quote: (09-03-2013 02:06 AM)Only One Man Wrote:  

Quote: (09-02-2013 11:43 PM)Wadsworth Wrote:  

"I'm a white knight."

Nah double standards exist for a reason.

....but let's pretend they don't exist at all then apply them ruthlessly