rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hvar Island (Croatia) vs Odessa (Ukraine)

Today I compare two European summer heavyweights. Here is a map of their locations:

[Image: nvs9Yk4.png]

Overview

Hvar is a summer beach resort located near the Croatian city of Split. The local economy consists almost entirely of tourists (mostly Western). While not exactly cheap, the prices are generally fair and what you would come to expect from a summer resort. The city itself is historical with beautiful scenery and nearby island boat expeditions.

[Image: 4m8pjzI.jpg]

[Image: 3WoH3kb.jpg]

Odessa is arguably the most appealing city in Ukraine (competing with Lvov). It has interesting architecture, a laid-back tourist atmosphere, tons of cafes and restaurants, a dirty Black Sea, and also beautiful Ukrainian women. There are also many Russian tourists.

[Image: xjDxP5t.jpg]

[Image: ZNkTsfL.jpg]

Accessibility

Ferries to Hvar leave multiple times daily from Split's port. The fastest is a catamaran that takes about two hours.

Odessa is served by an international airport and frequent bus and train connections from Kiev. You can also take a bus from Chisinau (about 3 hours).

Quality Of Food

Odessa restaurants are surprisingly good. I've enjoyed many good meals, ranging from steak, barbecue, sushi, and Italian. There is obviously a restaurant culture here that has been honed over time. In addition, there are tons of cafes all over the center that serve competent espresso.

Hvar is a bit behind with its restaurants. The ones in the main square all seem to have identical generic menus that try to appeal to everyone, but the fish you can get here is much more fresh than in Odessa.

Quality Of Women

Hvar attracts Western tourists, primarily from Scandinavia and England. The girls come to party, drink, and fuck. English ability is very high, but the quality can be average.

You will be hard-pressed to find a foreign girl in Odessa. I estimate over 80% of girls in Odessa are Ukrainian while the rest are Russian. Knowing Russian will go a long way. The quality is rather high in terms of appearance, especially in the nightclubs close to the popular area Arkadia (a couple miles away from the center).

Hvar: 5/10
Odessa: 8/10

Ease of banging from day game

In Hvar, the main idea is to day game a bit to set up meets later that evening. The problem is that girls get hit on so often on the island, due to the surplus of males, that flaking is common. It's very hard to hold the attention of women here. Forget about one-on-one dating, because girls will be stuck to their friends until you can isolate them at the very end of the night.

Odessa has a much more traditional day game environment. You can approach easily (in English or Russian) in the center, get a number, and then go on a date. I find it takes 2 dates to seal the deal. The only problem is that this takes time (two weeks minimum). I mostly day gamed local girls, but you may have better luck day gaming on the beach with tourists.

Beware that tourist Ukrainian girls are not necessarily easier than local girls.

Hvar: 4/10
Odessa: 7/10

Ease of banging from night game

If you bring the energy, and approach like a dog, you will have success in Hvar. The girls are definitely DTF and it becomes a matter of desire if you want to get the one-night stand. The main problem is that your competition will be intense. The guys here don't come to stand around at the bar, so you have to be an approach machine with zero hesitation. It also doesn't help that there are rich guys in yachts beckoning for girls to party with them. While I wouldn't say Hvar was a total sausage fest, the sex ratio could be poor at times.

Odessa nightlife is significantly harder to bang from, even though the sex ratio is more favorable. While some venues are better than others, I found it a total drag to go the distance in Odessa nightclubs. I had many nights where I was just massacred, getting nowhere with the women. The snob factor can be incredibly high and logistics will usually block your same-night bang efforts.

Hvar: 6/10
Odessa: 3/10

Quality of nightlife:

There was a party every night of the week in Hvar. Sometimes you couldn't tell if it was Saturday or Monday night. Even though there were only two club options after midnight, you won't have to search long until you find a bangable girl to approach.

Odessa nightlife was a big disappointment. Only Friday and Saturday brought crowds and Monday-Wednesday was completely dead at night. Odessa had more club variety, but many of those clubs were empty while only two consistently had people (Ibiza and Trueman Boat).

Hvar: 7/10
Odessa: 3/10

Quality of long-term living:

Obviously, Odessa is more of a livable city than Hvar. The city itself is pleasant and it's a suitable resting point if you like Ukraine or want to learn Russian.

Conclusion:

Hvar, while lacking in female quality, was more fun and also easier to bang in, as long as you didn't have high standards. Odessa will leave you scratching your head about how to crack it while Hvar leaves you hungover next to a girl you barely remember.

You notice a lot of families in Odessa so it's easy to see it more as a place to bring your girlfriend than to find one, since the local girls have long since been exposed to foreigners (Turks, Brits, and Italians). If you want an easier bang, and to have fun with your boys while you're at it, Hvar is better.

Previous Comparison: Lublin (Poland) vs Iasi (Romania)

I like these new comparison data sheets you've been doing lately. Very useful and easy to understand.

Were topless girls common in both places? Sounds like hvar would be rough going solo and Odessa would be rough no matter what if you only in town for a week.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Girls are not topless in Hvar. You might see only a handful a day and it typically will not be the ones you want to see. I saw only 2 attractive topless girls in the 4 days I was there. I know Roosh spent something like 3 weeks there so he might know better spots then where I ended up.

Hvar had tons of cute Australian and British girls there but I really was not looking for that at the time haven gotten with two kangaroos in the city just prior to Hvar. It seems you see different tourist in Hvar depending on when during the summer it is. When I went, it was at least 80% Australians.

Quote: (08-26-2013 03:12 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Conclusion:

Hvar, while lacking in female quality, was more fun and also easier to bang in, as long as you didn't have high standards. Odessa will leave you scratching your head about how to crack it while Hvar leaves you hungover next to a girl you barely remember.

You notice a lot of families in Odessa so it's easy to see it more as a place to bring your girlfriend than to find one, since the local girls have long since been exposed to foreigners (Turks, Brits, and Italians). If you want an easier bang, and to have fun with your boys while you're at it, Hvar is better.

Interesting! I had to make this choice between Hvar and Odessa for my July trip this year and I chose Odessa. I had already been to both, so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect and in the end I chose Odessa. Mainly because beaches are better and it's less like a vacation retreat (I wanted to just chill in the apartment and work all day sometimes).

So I guess it depends on the person. I was in Hvar in 2009 and it was still more or less the exclusive JetSet destination with very good ratios in July. I was wondering how long that would last, but by your reports I would say it's pretty much over (although I did read that Beyonce and JayZ were there in September 2011 or 2012). You guys may think that's not important, but the main city in Hvar is super small, so if they are there, everybody would know. My buddy swore he saw Daniel Craig when we were there in 2009. Otherwise the beaches are very small and rocky. For a lot of people the best choice was to get a really big flat rock and lie on that. Or you could get a sort of sunbed cabana on the VIP beach for $100, but there was still no sand (the LA in me is showing).

Anyway, when i was there it was packed with hot girls half Scandinavian (mostly late 20s early 30s) and probably 1/3 croatian/serbian, with the Serbian girls easily taking the beauty prize. The After Beach party every day starting at around 6PM was great and by 8PM everybody was hammered and even Serbian girls were opening guys -- look at the YouTube videos from that time. There was even a smoking hot 47yo Norwegian woman who everybody was trying to get regardless of whether they were 20 or 50. She knew what she was and was playing it to the bone. It was really a memorable trip. From there a lot of people just crashed, but we usually ended up at Carpe Diem (the yacht club sort of bar) and at the end of the night went to that disco on top of the hill. There were also some more backpacker sorts of bars that were more or less insane, but I only hit those on one night with some English chicks from my apartment building. I say "we", but half the nights my buddy flaked after the after beach party and just went to bed.

So yeah, by the end of a week we had made a lot of friends and we had a big dinner, and a lot of guys were happy about their successes, but I stayed the course in search of hotness and ended up with no notches, good times and some new friends that I still am in contact with. One night a 17yo Ukraine girl attached herself to me, but she wasn't too much to write home about for a Ukraine girl ... or maybe I'm still too American for that [Image: dodgy.gif] .

True that Odessa nightlife is lacking from Sunday - Tuesday, but it's also very doable once you know the places. All in all, Odessa has dropped off little since 2010. I don't know about Hvar, but I have some buddies who were with me in Odessa on my first trip and they've been back to Hvar 2 more times and I've been back to Odessa 2 times. They were in Odessa this summer in Carpe Diem every night, with bottle service, and they claim it's still great. So I guess it's six for one, half dozen for another.

Just noticed that Roosh has a photo of a nice beach. I guess that's not in the main city? Where did you stay?

These comparisons are mad helpful due to being region specific. Helps narrow down a city.

that looks south of ITAKA

Quote: (08-26-2013 03:53 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Were topless girls common in both places? Sounds like hvar would be rough going solo and Odessa would be rough no matter what if you only in town for a week.

I've never seen topless girls in either. Rolling solo will be tough in Hvar, but in Odessa you can do it with day game in the center.

Quote: (08-26-2013 06:11 PM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

Just noticed that Roosh has a photo of a nice beach. I guess that's not in the main city? Where did you stay?

I'm staying next to the City Garden in the center.

Quote: (08-26-2013 06:24 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

that looks south of ITAKA

Quote: (08-26-2013 06:37 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I've never seen topless girls in either. Rolling solo will be tough in Hvar, but in Odessa you can do it with day game in the center.

OK the beach is in Odessa. I thought I missed out on some sand in Hvar!

City garden in Odessa is nice for day game. I like that little pizza cafe there next to the famous statue. don't know why, but Odessa always floats my boat, in spite of:
- corrupt police
- hazards of mafia types and scoundrels
- logistics problems

Note: above I should have said my buddies were in HVAR in Carpe Diem every night, not odessa.

Any insight from people on this?

Has it always been this way? Or a new development?

Reason I am asking is it seemed like Spain and France had less topless girls than I remember as a kid.

And on the Biarritz thread, someone said it had minimal topless girls now and Biarritz used to be a topless haven as in, every cute girl 18-25 that you wanted to be topless was topless.

I am wondering if this is a world wide phenomenon.

Miami still hold pretty strong, and I see EE girls topless there.

Actually Odessa had some toplessness on its beaches. Here's a nice scene from my July trip.
[Image: 9601331377_1afc8bec42.jpg]

Odessa even has nude beach...near Dolphin beach. But Odessa beach scene is pretty lame imho, not miami. Its a bunch of people laying around looking into the dirty murky sea!

Thanks for data sheet! Me and a couple of my friends are going to be in Croatia next week. I am from the DC area and I am hoping the Hvar scene is better than DC!