rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Yadstop

The Yadstop

For the longest time I've been hearing about the yadstop, without knowing what it is. I did some investigation and found out: when coming up to a girl from behind, make a huge loop so you end up directly in front of her.

Here's an example: http://youtu.be/V5IcrEE9l44?t=42s

I have noticed that approaching when she's walking beside you is a pain, because it's hard to catch her attention (it's hard for her to know you're talking to her). I usually catch the girl before she passes me, preventing having to jog after her, but this isn't a bad technique.

The Yadstop

If you have to do it in daytime, the long loop is the best option. Giving a bit of advance warning, space is crucial when someone might just autopilot blow you off, especially if you're in a part of the world where people are more reserved. I have done a variant where I've just crossed the street from a girl, run down the street, turn and cross the street again meeting her from the front (though the approach is from a slight angle).

BUT, all these very confrontational day game moves are very low percentage. Sometimes I get the feeling that PUAs are using them to show each other rather than to produce actual results for themselves.

The Yadstop

How the hell is this supposed to not scare the cat? There's absolutely no reason to run after someone on a busy street and loop back around just to ask about a pet store. I can't say for sure not having tried it myself, but I feel like the girl would immediately smell bullshit. Maybe these guys like it because they're doing direct approaches so concerns about scaring the cat don't apply.

The Yadstop

I haven't done too much of this. I prefer to just open them as I am walking alongside them. At first, I thought it seemed a little needy to jog in front of a girl, but now, I see how it can work.

It's a good demonstration of confidence. Strong conversational skills and a great frame are key. Some girls are turned on by a man who fearlessly stops them and expresses interest in them. Others will be sort of be taken back -- "scaring the cat" as you say.

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:14 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

all these very confrontational day game moves are very low percentage.

For a beginner, yes.

A guy with good game can get some results from these types of stops.

That said, I admit, it's a very advanced technique that requires strong game.

The Yadstop

Quote:Quote:

How the hell is this supposed to not scare the cat?

This is why I usually catch the girl when she's facing me. I scan oncoming talent very carefully.

The Yadstop

That's funny Roosh, because I find it so much easier to approach a girl whose walking beside me than someone walking from the other direction. It's bolder to step in front of someone and stop her rather than starting a convo walking along side.

Take care of those titties for me.

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:46 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

That's funny Roosh, because I find it so much easier to approach a girl whose walking beside me than someone walking from the other direction. It's bolder to step in front of someone and stop her rather than starting a convo walking along side.

Getting a girl to stop one way or the other is pretty important for her to begin investing herself into the interaction.

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:21 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

I feel like the girl would immediately smell bullshit.

If you are "bullshitting" her, she might smell "bullshit".

However, if you are dead serious and honest about your intentions. Then, there is no bullshit to smell. There is only a man who wants a woman and he is not afraid to go after her.

They can smell bullshit, they can smell fear, but, they can also smell confidence, alphaness, and game.

If you watch the video, you can see how effortless and smooth this can be.

Tom does a great job of explaining the philosophy of it. I agree with everything he said..

"I love life, I love women, I go for what I want"

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:42 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

For a beginner, yes.

That said, I admit, it's a very advanced technique that requires strong game.

Yes, it is. That 's why I don't like all these streetgame videos the PUA instructors or wanna-be PUAs are constantly putting out.

They obviously use them for marketing purposes because they are flashy and dramatic and are in a public space so they can' be kicked out of anywhere.

But they are misleading and I think harmful because they encourage newbies to start out with what are really expert level approaches, and I'm sure the failure and discouragement rate is very high, causing them to give up on game too quickly

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

The Yadstop

I think this is more shock and awing the cat.

It's direct and powerful.

But, you need to have the vibe that he's describing. That's the most important thing.

The video is very interesting because you can see that he really is stepping outside humdrum reality and essentially allowing her to enter his frame.

She's privileged to be opened by him.

That's how it has to work.

Body language is king. How you carry yourself tells the girl more about you than anything else in a split second.

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:49 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:21 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

I feel like the girl would immediately smell bullshit.

If you are "bullshitting" her, she might smell "bullshit".

However, if you are dead serious and honest about your intentions. Then, there is no bullshit to smell. There is only a man who wants a woman and he is not afraid to go after her.

They can smell bullshit, they can smell fear, but, they can also smell confidence, alphaness, and game.

If you watch the video, you can see how effortless and smooth this can be.

Like I said, it's probably okay for direct approaches. Hitting a girl with an elderly opener after stopping her like that probably wouldn't come across as believable.

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:56 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

they are misleading and I think harmful because they encourage newbies to start out with what are really expert level approaches, and I'm sure the failure and discouragement rate is very high, causing them to give up on game too quickly

Yes, most newbies will struggle with this.

But, I still think its a great training exercise. It's trial by fire.

Newbies might be surprised at the positive reaction of some girls.

If a man gives up on game simply because of a few rejections, then this game is not for him.

Failure rates will be high. But, if you want to master a difficult skill, you must be able to preserver in the face of rejection.

This shit is not easy. Big balls are required.

Quote: (08-22-2013 04:05 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

it's probably okay for direct approaches. Hitting a girl with an elderly opener after stopping her like that probably wouldn't come across as believable.

Agreed.

This is not an "elderly opener". This is direct.

No one is recommending that you do a Yadstop just to elderly open. Those 2 things would be in congruent.

In the video, Tom says "half-assed approaches don't work". He describes the Yadstop as "alpha, primal, animalistic".

I agree.

The Yadstop

Lots of people are posting what they think.

Do guys actually run game anymore - you know, you see something new and actually try it out for yourself to see if it works?

I've never done it. It looks interesting. I'm going to try it.

My version of the stop was to see a girl and say, "You're going the wrong way."

Right away she pauses, looks at me confused, and says, "What?" or "Why?" Then I say, "Because I'm over here and you're going over there."

It didn't work for WestCoast but he gave the "opener" to a friend and it worked for his friend.

See...That's how game should work, gents. You see something that looks like it might work...and you actually try it out yourself. Even if it doesn't work for you, it might work for another guy.

It might not work for you, or it might but you don't know until you try it in real life, on real women.

But aren't there racial issues in America that are far more pressing and more deserving of discussion? [Image: wink.gif]

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:42 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I haven't done too much of this.
<snip>
Quote: (08-22-2013 03:14 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

all these very confrontational day game moves are very low percentage.
For a beginner, yes.

So you're admittedly a beginner yourself and just hypothesising.

The Yadstop

Newbie speaking here, and I disagree with the remark that Yad stop is a very advanced move, or is only for advanced "pick up artists".

I think you have to ask yourself, "what kind of man do I want to be?", and go straight for that. When I saw that type of approach I felt a burning desire to master that. There is no point in putting off learning it.

They have a product "day game blueprint" and they preach honesty (ie direct) all the way. This is indeed their go-to approach. It details every aspect of game, not just approaching. Truly a goldmine for newbies, and I suspect useful bits even for advanced guys.

Quote: (08-22-2013 03:56 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

They obviously use them for marketing purposes because they are flashy and dramatic and are in a public space so they can' be kicked out of anywhere.

But they are misleading and I think harmful because they encourage newbies to start out with what are really expert level approaches, and I'm sure the failure and discouragement rate is very high, causing them to give up on game too quickly

I actually was at a loss for what to do because my indirect approaches led nowhere. Quitting was never in the cards, but I certainly got discouraged for a moment there, until I started out doing more direct approaches.

I get a rush from it, and I feel like a man for doing it. Whereas with the indirect approaches I feel more like a weasel. Yes, it is hard, but you get honest feedback. (See Krauser: http://krauserpua.com/2013/05/01/reflect...daygame/). If you think about the core values we all want to attain, like self confidence, being able to hold strong conversations, fearlessness, etc, this approach embodies it all.

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 04:20 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

So you're admittedly a beginner yourself and just hypothesising.

No, all my opinions are based on my own experience, no hypothesizing.

I have been gaming for quite a few years.

I have done many variations of approaching girls on the street.

When I was just starting, I got bad results. As I got better, my results improved tremendously.

Quote: (08-22-2013 04:28 PM)GreenGranted Wrote:  

I think you have to ask yourself, "what kind of man do I want to be?", and go straight for that. When I saw that type of approach I felt a burning desire to master that. There is no point in putting off learning it.

Well said.

The Yadstop

Maybe Nick can pipe in. i know it's all he uses and he's had good success (europe and us)

This is the blueprint move for the guys on daygame.com (which Yad is a part of)

Presumably they've tested it in the field thousands of times.

I'd REALLY want to meet the girl to a) get the balls to do it b) come off as sincere , thereby giving me a shot

The Yadstop

Yad is the absolute real deal. I've been coached by him, and I've seen him in action. This is not a marketing thing either. It works for a couple of reasons:

1. It is polarizing. She will be in awe that a man had the balls to come up from behind her and approach her in the daytime. It doesn't happen every day. An important note is to be authentic.
  2. This is how girls want to meet a man. It feeds into the Disney fairytale. "I didn't meet my boyfriend on match.com, I met him because he ran up to me on the street and told me I was beautiful."

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

The Yadstop

I like the concept and the honesty behind this. From what I've gathered reading his blog, it's basically the same thing Krauser did when he was starting out. I plan on giving it a try.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 06:24 PM)Sleek Wrote:  

Yad is the absolute real deal. I've been coached by him, and I've seen him in action. This is not a marketing thing either. It works for a couple of reasons:

1. It is polarizing. She will be in awe that a man had the balls to come up from behind her and approach her in the daytime. It doesn't happen every day. An important note is to be authentic.
  2. This is how girls want to meet a man. It feeds into the Disney fairytale. "I didn't meet my boyfriend on match.com, I met him because he ran up to me on the street and told me I was beautiful."

Sleek, did you do a bootcamp with him?

Would be interested in hearing more about your experience...

The Yadstop

I've been wanting to try this for the longest time on the street , just too build my confidence a little more.
I will try it and report back.

Every guy here in Japan approaches girls from the side, and they walk beside them and try to talk to them, 90% of the time they won't even look at you, just ignore.

Being different here and not doing what everyone else is doing, stopping from the front, going direct, making assumptions, could be a lot different.

It's hot as fuck today, but i'm going to do some approaches going in the front. I'll write my experience as I do each approach.

The Yadstop

Apparently stepping in front of people and getting them to stop is something that was recently invented and needed a new word.

Haven't charity workers and street questionnaire people been doing this for a long time?

The Yadstop

I don't know why it's called the Yad stop. He didn't invent it.

I think it's a lame move. I used to do it and I don't bother anymore. I will just say "excuse me" to get a girl's attention now if I'm coming from behind or the side. I'll naturally step in front of her to stop her after I've got her attention, it's more dominant and "the Yadstop" is too salesy for my liking.

It feels unnatural and part of an act. Each to their own, though.

The Yadstop

This is old, newbie shit. I have a thing called the Tuth Stop™, where I leap in from above to stop the girl. Gotta stay cutting-edge.

[Image: t5OFp8c.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

The Yadstop

Quote: (08-22-2013 08:01 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

Apparently stepping in front of people and getting them to stop is something that was recently invented and needed a new word.

Haven't charity workers and street questionnaire people been doing this for a long time?

How about trying it. Who cares what it's called.
Experimenting is a good thing.

Quote:Quote:

I don't know why it's called the Yad stop. He didn't invent it.

I think it's a lame move. I used to do it and I don't bother anymore. I will just say "excuse me" to get a girl's attention now if I'm coming from behind or the side. I'll naturally step in front of her to stop her after I've got her attention, it's more dominant and "the Yadstop" is too salesy for my liking.

It feels unnatural and part of an act. Each to their own, though.

Saying "excuse me" while from the side or behind, won't get you noticed here in Japan. She will just keep walking.
You could be Brad Pitt , but she will just automatically put her head down and keep walking.
If she's got on earphones, looking at her phone , walking at medium pace, crowded, looking hot as fuck, good luck.

So i wanted to at least try something different than most of all the guys doing street approaches here in Japan.

When i first started approaching girls everything felt unnatural to begin with, so probably for those guys slightly jogging and stopping girls from the front, for them probably feels like second nature.

Looking at it, I can see it as a way of stopping 100% of any type of girl you see walking on the street (girls with headphones, etc.) And also commanding 100% of there attention. No half-assing it either. You come in strong, eye contact, slight smirk, put on the charm, and fire away.