rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does Americorps pay you each month or at the end?

I'm thinking about doing an Americorps position related to K-6 education. The service lasts the full school year, but I'm planning to move abroad at the beginning of next year. Does Americorps typically send out a paycheck at the end of each month, or do you have to wait until the very end of the program to collect your pay?

Thanks

What's up bro. I did Americorps. It's an awesome program be prepared to have a couple of challenges and a little bit of financial difficulties but there are a great deal of other benefits!

As far as pay goes, which program are you doing? It might vary depending on the state your in or the kind of volunteer you are. I got paid every 2 weeks - that was in D.C. though. If your program gets educational benefits as well as the living stipend, you'll get that at the end if you fulfill your contract.

Try your best to always be positive and just know that you are a national grunt...you signed-up to work. Keep that attitude and you'll have a great deal of contacts and references when you're done.