rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amount of days needed for Asia trip?

Hi All,

I'm in the process of trying to get a rotation worked out with management at my oil field job and I was wondering if 10 days is enough time to visit Latin America and 14 for Asia?

Any input would be appreciated.

depends what girls you're into and how strong your game is. Latin American look or Asian?

Quote: (08-16-2013 11:44 AM)luggage Wrote:  

depends what girls you're into and how strong your game is. Latin American look or Asian?

I'm not too overly picky [Image: banana.gif] but am leaning towards Asia. I have yet to travel international (except Canada for hockey) so I have no experience with the amount time to factor in for fight time/delays. I'm guessing pipelining online would be a requirement, unless one just goes to cities of hoes..like Angeles, Pattaya..etc. for that short period of time.

Quote: (08-16-2013 11:40 AM)Montana Wrote:  

Hi All,

I'm in the process of trying to get a rotation worked out with management at my oil field job and I was wondering if 10 days is enough time to visit Latin America and 14 for Asia?

Any input would be appreciated.

If you get 24 full days, I say pick one and give it the entirety of your time. Catch the other on the next trip.

EDIT: Or do you mean if you go to Asia it'll be 14 days because less flying for you? In that case, I say choose Asia (might as well take those extra vacation days) and make sure to stick to one premium destination rather than moving around. Maybe a big city like Bangkok or Manila.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote:Quote:

If you get 24 full days, I say pick one and give it the entirety of your time. Catch the other on the next trip.

Agree on picking either Asia or Latin America. I would pick 2 cities or maybe 1 major city and a beach resort area.

What countries are you thinking of?

Also agree on only picking one. If you're leaning towards Asia, catch Latin Am on your next trip.

For a first timer in Asia, it's hard to say which country is best.

If you're white and you have moderate game, I'd suggest Philippines, Thailand for SEA. Good places for pipelining. No need to go to a city of hoes, you could do just fine in BKK or Manila. If you prefer lighter girls East Asian girls, I'd choose Japan or China.

However if your game is shit hot you can pretty much go anywhere.

Have you decided on a country yet?

Your ideal destination would largely depend on your budget and what else you want to do/see other than chase skirts.

I got a verbal from the boss yesterday that it shouldn't be a problem to get a 4wk on 2wk off rotation. I'm hoping everything go's smoothly throughout the winter so they can honor those dates. Phillipines is my 1st choice and indonesia 2nd. I went to school with a guy who works on an offshore platform and they get a 1month on/off schedule.

Quote: (08-17-2013 01:41 PM)Montana Wrote:  

I got a verbal from the boss yesterday that it shouldn't be a problem to get a 4wk on 2wk off rotation. I'm hoping everything go's smoothly throughout the winter so they can honor those dates. Phillipines is my 1st choice and indonesia 2nd. I went to school with a guy who works on an offshore platform and they get a 1month on/off schedule.

So it sounds like what you are saying is that in the near future, you are going to have a regular schedule in which you work four weeks and then you are off for two weeks.

Accordingly, you will have several of these two week period opportunities, on a regular basis to make these kinds of travels or worldly explorations. So far you are planning the first of these excursions, which would maybe be the Phils. Maybe you would begin to do this kind of thing several times a year and add other locations?

So, if the above is correct, then how many times a year would you make these kinds of trips? And, does the frequency of your trips affect your decision about where you would go first and then whether you would come back to the same location or just change locations in the next trip?

If I had a situation like that, then I would be assessing my finances to figure out, on a practical basis, how many times a year i would be able to do this. Maybe it is $1,500 to $4,000 or so each trip (including airfare), depending on how luxury you want to make it and how far in advance you can reserve a low fare air ticket?

Sounds like your initial choices of Phils or indonesia may be good... but I think some people had suggested just to stay at one location for the whole 2 weeks (I tend to agree with that b/c logistics of moving around can steal valuable relaxation time - though of course sometimes it still may pay off to mix it up a little bit), and since you posted about latin america, maybe that would come on a subsequent two week trip?

Yes that is correct they just require that you fill out time off requests. Im even happy with lat am countries because of their proximity although asia is on my must list.

I would like to travel on most of my rotations but its tough to predict things like my co. selling or family visits..etc

Quote: (08-17-2013 07:58 PM)Montana Wrote:  

Yes that is correct they just require that you fill out time off requests. Im even happy with lat am countries because of their proximity although asia is on my must list.

I would like to travel on most of my rotations but its tough to predict things like my co. selling or family visits..etc

Montana,

I calculate that if you continuously stay with the rotation that you described earlier, then the most 2 week vacations that you would have per year would be 8 two-week sessions per year.

But as you indicated, there may be some domestic or even necessary non-travel uses of that time that you may want to build in some cushion in order to take those kinds of uses into account and possibly plan for 5 or 6 per year that would be trips to these places that you are now considering.

That wouldn't be too bad.. it seems like a pretty good set-up, at least in theory, but you did not really say what your budget would be for each trip. Do you have any budget in mind for these trips? would it be closer to $1500 or $4000 or some other amount?

phils is a good choice because it has heaps of stuff to do and is a great place to meet girls, also there is a wealth of information on this forum on the philippines so u'll be well prepared. 2 weeks in phils, taking into account jet lag and travel time, is really not that long. Theres so many places u can go - cebu, angeles, boracay, palawan...In my opinion u could squeeze in 1 other country, but definitely no more than that. Theres quite alot to see in indonesia, so I'd recommend saving that and instead doing a short 3 days over in hong kong or singapore (if you really want to add another country in and if those places interest you). Small, lively, and you can get a 1way flight from manila for around $50 if you're lucky.