rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pixtr - App to make you look better in online dating

Any online dating veteran knows - half of a woman's decision is made before the meeting.

Pixtr (Apple only, Android coming) photoshops faces to automatically make you look better.

From the Business Insider:

"It uses facial recognition software to scan the photo and make minor adjustments like slimming a nose or a jawline, trimming eyebrows, correcting camera distortion. It takes into account things like sex, hair color, age."

http://www.businessinsider.com/before-an...z2bmPT4mGN

Here is my ex before:
[Image: attachment.jpg13857]   

Here she is after:
[Image: attachment.jpg13858]   

It might not help with guys who make women melt. Here is a pic that I took with David Boreanaz (so I know it isn't photoshopped):

Before:
[Image: attachment.jpg13859]   

After:
[Image: attachment.jpg13860]   

I don't think it did as much for him as it did for her (or me). All of my Tindr pictures are now edited through Pixtr, and I would guess that I am up about +10% (both quantity and quality).

Does it have levels of editing or is it one size fits all? This could certainly help the chunkers taking myspace style downward looking photos to hide their massive gunts

Quote: (08-12-2013 01:36 PM)el duderino Wrote:  

Does it have levels of editing or is it one size fits all? This could certainly help the chunkers taking myspace style downward looking photos to hide their massive gunts

It is one size fits all. You put upload the picture (or choose from FB), Pixtr locates the faces and does the editing.

It only edits faces, it won't shave off any gunts. Notice it didn't make her boobs bigger or his shoulders broader.

I don't see any difference between the two girls pics except for the 2nd one being slightly brighter.

I don't see any differences either.

lol... it mildly blurs the photos. That is a joke.

a) You need to shoot the original with a normal, non-mobile phone lens. Google it, or search the forum, lens impact on human photos has been discussed before.

b) You need to shoot RAW

c) Then you can fiddle with the results in Lightroom or Adobe Bridge

i.e. Professional photo

It looks like they slightly narrowed her face using an image retargeting algorithm. The seams that are removed or added to accommodate the face resizing are along the shadows in the shadows.

Here's the difference between the two photos (32 bit float false colored)
[Image: attachment.jpg13862]   

The dark blue area around her chin and the edge of her hair are what they slimmed down. The bright yellow area is where they expanded the rest of the image to make up the difference.

For more info check out:

Not worth it. Get a friend who knows photography and get some good quality pics instead.

Been experimenting with this app recently, using different types of photos (lighting, angles, etc.) and I'm not impressed.