rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

5 Year Anniversary of RVF
Year Anniversary of RVF
Today is the 5-year anniversary of RVF. I'm not good at commemorations so instead I will give a State Of The Forum address so that we're all on the same page with where RVF is and where I believe it is headed.

Rules & Warnings

First, I have recently made changes to the rules. Click here to view the updated rules. You'll notice only ten rules. I believe being a member here is more a personality issue than one of rule following. Men who belong here should be able to read those ten rules, observe how the forum currently runs, and fit in without instructions. There is a compatibility component to lasting here, as common with any sort of community.

But sometimes guidance is needed. Tuthmosis and I do so with a system of warnings. This is how it works: a warning increasing your Warning Level by a certain amount, which remains for 90 days. If you hit 100% from multiple warnings, you are automatically banned by the software. Newbies don't usually get the benefit of the doubt: they are banhammered upon their first serious break of the rules, but longstanding members who have contributed value are given warnings---sometimes multiple warnings---before a ban occurs.

There are now three warnings, two of which also include a temporary loss of posting:

1. 20% warning. No loss of posting.
2. 40% warning. 3 day loss of posting.
3. 60% warning. 7 day loss of posting.

So if you are given a 7 day ban, and then a 3 day ban, the software bans you (60% + 40% = 100%). This year, there have been problems with senior members having soft meltdowns and increasing their aggression or subtle trolling. I believe this is due to either boredom or substance abuse. Unfortunately, it's inevitable that senior members will be banned in the future just like they have been in the past. Some guys simply outgrow the forum, become irritable, and no longer care about losing their account.

Game & Travel

The travel forum has reached a high level of maturity. Almost every country in the world has been written in one way or another. Most major cities have also been covered. I predict this subforum will take on more a journal type of aspect where guys start threads for specific trips. You've seen this with guys like Fisto and Slubu, where they maintain a running dialogue of what they are experiencing on the ground. If you are planning on taking a trip, feel free to do the same. These threads are quite interesting to read. Combined with data sheets, I know of no other place on the internet that provides the information that you can find here.

The game forum continues to see growth because of the younger generation who are just getting into game. If you've learned from this subforum, I urge you to drop into the Newbie forum from time to time to answer questions. Yes, I know these guys have a long way to go, but most of us have been there too. Teach them the mindset they need to have, or at least set them in the right direction. It can be your good deed of the day. Most of the main game topics have already been discussed, so it will be interesting to see how this subforum evolves in the future.

Trolls

This forum is quite large, with over 600 posts made a day. It averages 2.4 million page views a month. With such quantity, it's inevitable that many men will be banned from participating here. This breeds resentment and then attempts to attack the forum either on other sites or by registering troll accounts.

I won't change the moderation style, and I'll tell you why: those who have been banned are desperate to come back in. I've lost count how many times I've banned someone only to have them assume a new identity to participate again. This tells me that in spite of being exiled, they still want to be a member here and participate in the value that it offers. It's not uncommon for banned members to have emotional breakdowns.

I'm often criticized for the tight moderation, but I have failed to receive such a criticism from someone who maintains a forum of this size. If it was easy to build and administer a large forum, I'm sure that others would start their own, but it is rather difficult and time-consuming, and I hope most of you trust me to do what's best for the forum's survival. In light of my recent distancing with the manosphere, get ready for more criticisms and hate to be thrown in this direction. People will be very angry that they are not allowed to be a member here.

Membership

The membership is getting older, but we still have a large influx of young members (mostly thanks to the game forum). That said, I have noticed a trend I don't like: divorced and married blue pill guys trying to be members here. While I have no inherent prejudice against them, they tend to be keyboard jockeys that are trying to rationalize their life choices. I believe many are MRAs in disguise.

The basic rule I have is this: if I wouldn't hang out with the guy in real life, I don't want him to be a member here. Call it dictatorial or Stalinesque if you want, but I will have no motivation to put the large amount of time to administer this forum if it's full of guys I don't like. As always, women will not be allowed.

Fun fact... these are only four members with over 250 posts who have been here since the first week:

speakeasy
basilransom
kerouac
ElBorrachoInfamoso

Best Practices

Here is a reminder of best practices that will help minimize problems:

1. Don't post while angry. If something you read upsets you, step away from the computer and do something else. Give yourself a couple hours before responding to something that stirs your emotions.

2. Don't post while intoxicated or high. Posting and drinking do not mix. Lurk instead and then post when you sober up.

3. If you wouldn't say it to the guy's face, don't post it. Petty insults often escalate into flame wars, resulting in needless warnings and bannings. It's fun to call out someone for being an idiot just like it's fun to bang a fat girl, but there is regret afterwards. Click the report button instead.

4. Use the search tool before posting a new thread. It's inevitable for a forum of this size to have an epidemic of dupes, but you can minimize this by doing a 10 second search before you share a viral video or article.

5. Be generous with leaving rep points. If you have found yourself liking 5 or more posts by a certain member, it probably means you get value from his postings. Show your appreciation by leaving a rep point. In fact, I urge you to leave one rep point today for a member that you enjoy reading.

6. Use descriptive titles so a member can decide whether he wants to check out your thread or not. Vague titles may cause guys to waste time on topics that don't interest them.

7. No more race threads. If there is a topic that consistently results in fighting, it's race.

The Future

The exponential growth phase of the forum has ended, mostly thanks to the 1 day per month registration system. Unique visitor traffic will probably level off. I predict less than 2,000 men will join each year. On the other hand, posts per day will increase, so you will see more activity, and probably find it challenging to keep up with all the threads.

I may experiment with adding new subforums (the Books subforum was recently added), but I don't plan on making any serious changes. My goal is simply to provide a venue for discussion that is centered around our core beliefs, while keeping away those who try to sabotage or poison our community. I know that more men are meeting each other via the forum than ever before, so the benefits of the forum will increasingly be offline as well as on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. My inbox is always open to suggestions and concerns. For all of you that have made the forum a truly unique place, I thank you. Here's to another five years.

[Image: clap2.gif]
Year Anniversary of RVF
congrats and happy anniversary. I do have one suggestion for you, maybe add a [hide] [/hide]option for showing nsfw pix because I know some guys check this forum while at work, and maybe would like the option of having to click to see a nsfw pic
Year Anniversary of RVF
The updated rules have addressed the NSFW problem:

Quote:Quote:

10. No gore, scatological topics, or NSFW images. If you want to share a NSFW image, you may link to it only with ample warning and description. Assume that every member reads the forum at work.
Year Anniversary of RVF
Nice job and keep up the good work Roosh.

One question: I notice at the bottom of the page the "Quick jump" bar that linked to all the various sub-forums is gone. Is it possible to put that back? After finishing reading a thread it is great to be able to jump to a different forum and keep my ADD satisfied.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
Year Anniversary of RVF
^^^ I'm troubleshooting the forum.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27024.html

It will be brought back eventually
Year Anniversary of RVF
There were some older forums that had day to day trip reports like we are seeing now. They were very popular and I can see it becoming really popular here. I think the only problem might be the datasheets getting lost since they end up being so damn big. hah

Tis a great place, Roosh. I don't think you can run a community, in this genre, without tight moderation. Sure, it sucks getting temp bans or called out for trollish behavior but it is necessary in order to keep the community running smoothly.
Year Anniversary of RVF
Great stuff.

I have only been here for four months, but it has to have been impressive to see the forum grow as it has.

What a resource the forum is!

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man
Year Anniversary of RVF
Five years... cool.

Good job.

But I still miss the EP.
Year Anniversary of RVF

Fun fact... these are only four members with over 250 posts who have been here since the first week:

speakeasy
basilransom
kerouac
ElBorrachoInfamoso

Wow they must of been googling how to get some pussy furiously to find this place so quick.
Year Anniversary of RVF
Just kidding ^^^^ Great job Roosh!
Year Anniversary of RVF
I think senior members make the mistake of thinking the forum is a tenure based system. Like working for a law firm for partnership. This was never the case or ever stated here. The old school members helped build this place up, but still fall under the same rules.

Like a small company growing from a few employees to making it to the NASDAQ, some learn to change with the times, or get the pink slip.
Year Anniversary of RVF
Cheers to that!
Year Anniversary of RVF
This is definitely a haven for ladies' men and redpill.

It can be argued that RVF is one of most of valuable resources to come out in the last five years. Maybe some people would think this is a silly statement, but where else do you have a wealth of interactive information that can be enacted to turn "losers" into pussy-wrangling social wizards?
Year Anniversary of RVF
Congratulations, Roosh!

You've done a fine job here. I've benefited tremendously from the knowledge that you share, and from the many other quality members that hang around the RVF.

Cheers, and here's to many more RVF birthdays.

Bone
Year Anniversary of RVF

The old school members helped build this place up, but still fall under the same rules.

Same rules, but gentler gloves.
Year Anniversary of RVF
Glad to see the new restriction on gore. Also agree on giving out more rep points. I think some guys hold them back, because they feel it's like printing money, and their giving out rep points adulterates the value of their own rep count.

I also recommend against using the report button when someone is arguing with you or teasing you. Call it the 'Not A Bitch' rule.
Year Anniversary of RVF
5 years is amazing. If you think about it Roosh is just one man doing all this (blog, forum, RoK). I have always said the uniqueness of this forum comes from it being a complete forum (game, culture, travel, lifestyle). Most of the other PUA forums are just about game and don't focus on the cultural aspects of society. Also, more trolling is permitted because those companies are interested in getting you to buy their products.

While people will continue to make fun of guys who want to learn game or read forums and sites like these, the real joke is on them. What they don't know is that most of us are simple guys who just want to better ourselves and we refuse to accept the stupidity in society. They are the ones who are blind and can't see what we see.

That being said, I hope this forum continues to grow and some of the top posters here (you know who you are) never stop posting. It is possible the some of the top guys will leave or get bored but there is still enough wisdom here that even if there were no more posts at all, anyone could simply read a lot of the game forum threads and better himself.

Roosh, regarding the new NSFW policy, how does it impact Athlone's "What Do you guys consider a 10?" thread? I hope that he can continue to post pics there as usual.
Year Anniversary of RVF

how does it impact Athlone's "What Do you guys consider a 10?" thread? I hope that he can continue to post pics there as usual.

It's pretty clear what that thread is about, and it has existed long before this new rule change.
Year Anniversary of RVF
High five for five!
[Image: highfive.gif]
Year Anniversary of RVF
Rule #10, also known as the "Shiny white dildo in a disgusting looking black pussy" rule.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]
Year Anniversary of RVF
Can't believe I've been here 5 years. This forum has really shaped my thinking in profound ways. I don't see the world the same way as I did before the forum. Thanks to Roosh for providing a community where men can work toward being better more effective men and learn from each other. Girls, lifestyle, travel, philosophy, books, style, politics, fitness, money...it's all right here. Anything we need to know we can find it here. There's really no need to even go to any other men's forum. And lastly, you guys have done a great job of running a tight ship and keeping the quality of content and posters high. I've meet a number of guys from the forum offline and it's great that everyone I've met so far has been cool, which is a testament to the type of place we have here.
Year Anniversary of RVF
[Image: gatsby-leo-051113.gif]

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste
Year Anniversary of RVF
Thanks Roosh for the forum. It's going stronger than before and it will continue to stay that way. There's so much here that it helps in everything: game, traveling, career advice, and other stuff. May the New York Times never write about RVF, otherwise it will be ruined like the other places they write about in the NYT "travel" section...awashed with tourists and all.

RVF certainly got me out of my depression.

As always, jappi birthday!

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.
Year Anniversary of RVF
Quote: (08-12-2013 02:47 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Can't believe I've been here 5 years. This forum has really shaped my thinking in profound ways. I don't see the world the same way as I did before the forum. Thanks to Roosh for providing a community where men can work toward being better more effective men and learn from each other. Girls, lifestyle, travel, philosophy, books, style, politics, fitness, money...it's all right here. Anything we need to know we can find it here. There's really no need to even go to any other men's forum. And lastly, you guys have done a great job of running a tight ship and keeping the quality of content and posters high. I've meet a number of guys from the forum offline and it's great that everyone I've met so far has been cool, which is a testament to the type of place we have here.

In the same way that facebook or Tinder or OKC have become the place to go to, RVF is going to attract the most people.

The more gravity a place gets, the more it will become the "go-to" spot.

A lot of successful clubs/bars understand this, and are able to keep the value of what they have going in perpetuity.
Year Anniversary of RVF
This is indeed one of the best forums out there. Full stop. All credits to Roosh for creating it and building it to what it is today.

Perhaps there should be annual conventions/meet ups in some dope pussy paradise.

Congrats on the first 5 years! Here's a cheers to the next 50 years for all of us in this fine forum! [Image: banana.gif]