rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYPD Tickets 9 and 11 year olds for selling lemonade without permit.

http://www.ny1.com/content/features/1868...nade-stand

Quote:Quote:

A little lemonade stand was a sweet summer pastime for 9-year-old Nora and 11-year-old Jameala Lahoud, until the two Queens girls got ticketed by the police.

"One jar of lemonade and a few cups and that's it," says Michael Lahoud, the girls' father.

Apparently, that was enough for a police officer to write two tickets to the family: one for selling without a vendor's license and another for obstructing the flow of vehicular traffic.

Michael Lahoud says the day the tickets were issued for his daughter's stand there was a vendor across the street from his house at the beach selling drinks and blocking traffic.

"Neighbors were complaining. They called the police because he was obstructing traffic," he says.

That is when Lahoud says the police came, let the vendor off because he had a vendor's license but ticketed him for his daughter's lemonade stand.

Lahoud says what bothers him the most about the ticket is not the money but the message it sends to his daughters.

"They were afraid at first. They thought they were in trouble and that was what upset me the most," he says.

NY1 called the Department Of Health and a spokesman said the agency's bottom line is public health and ideally anybody who is working with food needs a permit. However, he said the DOH would not go out of its way to follow up on something like a lemonade stand.

NY1 then called the NYPD and asked a spokesman whether the agency would dismiss the summons. The spokesman said that is up to the courts, but went on to say in order to operate any food stand, a person needs a permit from DOH -- no exceptions.

That apparently means kids across the city might want to think twice before making lemonade out of these lemons.

[Image: 4uLemonade4a9a03dc-c03f-4760-8a7b-2534a9441dd3.jpg]

calling jimukr104

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

[Image: uh_wtf_gif.gif&size=200x300]

And people wonder why we distrust cops.

You can thank mayor Michael Bloomberg for the current NYC police state. He has been encouraging attitudes that lead to this kind of thing among city government for years now.

theres usually more to these stories than what is published. A story that makes sense isn't as newsworthy as a story that seems outlandish.

The father was probably talking shit or something to the cops. If I was a cop and someone started talking shit to me for doing my job, I would find the most off the wall thing to ticket them for too.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

[Image: potato-cop-meme-generator-you-were-doing...063704.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Why are you blaming the cops? Cops are just doing their job. There are tons of regulations in place all over NYC that requires you to have a permit to do anything.

This is the same reason AirBnB got declared illegal in NYC. If you hate these kinds of regulations, then elect politicians who will reduce them.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.