rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To rent or save?

To rent or save?

Starting first year in college this September while working 4 nights a week.
I live about 40 minutes away (car+train+bus)

Rent would be ~600 and my monthly income ~1200

Parents are strongly against this and advise me to save money for down payment towards a Condo or other expenses.

Personally I want independence, though I would appreciate any advice from the forum members here.

To rent or save?

Live at home with your parents and invest that money into something that will make you more money. In 4 years when you graduate college you'll realize that it was stupid to even go to college, because you have been learning (and actually practicing) about investing for the past 4 years, and will be in a good place financially.

To rent or save?

you are in Canada and a young man.. go hard, fuck going home

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

To rent or save?

Go.

To rent or save?

Don't know what that journey home each night and back the following morning would cost you? $20 a day? That's $400 a month. Even $300 is half the rent, and think of the wasted time you could be spending in the gym.

Thrown in the fact that you would have your own place to bang college chicks and it's a no brainer.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...